Outrageous laws on driving under the influence

PurpleGunRack

Hi all

Just wanted to share my opinion on a relatively new law in my country (Denmark).

If caught driving with ANY THC in your blood, which means the smallest amount possible to measure, you will have to pay a fine equivalent to 1 months salary before taxes are paid, and worst of all you lose your driver's license FOR 3 YEARS

Of course I don't condone driving while f**ked up, but since THC can be measured for up to 3 months the blood, this zero-tolerance law is as the header says: OUTRAGEOUS.

Keep on keeping on

That's ridiculous. There was a racing accident here, not too long ago, where they tested a driver's blood and found THC, so they naturally assumed he was driving stoned.

Maybe with a little luck Denmark will follow the example being set by other states and countries. Over in Colorado, I haven't seen any news reports of stoned drivers causing accidents, or drivers with THC in their blood causing accidents. I think they mean well, but they're going about it the wrong way. Driver education is more important than punishment after the fact, especially when it's being measured at a point where the driver is well beyond feeling any effects.

Colorado tried a similar thing actually right at the beginning of 2014. Police were litterally allowed to draw your blood while you were sitting in your vehicle on the side of the road. Public outrage changed the policy quickly. I'm not sure if it was zero tolerance or of they had a specific number you couldn't be over.

Back
Top Bottom