In Need Of Help!

Jackasss

Hello! I am not sure if I am posting in the right section but I have a couple of questions regarding starting up an online smoke shop. Here is my situation. Currently, I am trying to start up an online website that sells vaporizers, pipes, "tobacco water pipes", nails, oil rigs grinders and all of that other stuff. I have registered an L.L.C with the state already and need to require a business license. So, I paid a visit to city hall to pick up a business application. The lady asked me what type of business am I starting up. I told her that I am starting up a tobacco shop, she asked selling what and I responded with pipes. She then went on and told me that the police has been cracking down on those type of business due to the fact that people tend to use these pipes for illegal substances instead of tobacco. She also mentioned that the chances of the city approving this business is close to zero. The business would be ran completely online at home but in order for the city to pass the business, I would have to get the signature from the homeowner which would be a problem for me. So, I may be renting out a virtual office in another city for the physical address but operate at home.

Does anyone know anything in regards to acquiring a business license to run an online head shop and getting the business approved by the city? What other licenses would I need? If I register the business as selling hookah products but sell water pipes, vaporizers and all the other stuff on the website, will it bite my ass in the future in anyway? Should I rent out a virtual office for the physical address and operate at home or is there a cheaper alternative?

If anyone has an answers or advice for me, that would be extremely appreciated! I tried googling but that didn't work out very well.. Thanks again!

You need to talk to an attorney in your area who is familiar with business licensing requirements and hopefully with marijuana and ecommerce knowledge. Click the Attorney button in the green bar at the top of this page to see if there is one who can help you or call the BAR association in your city for a recommendation and referral. Usually you will get a half hour for just a few dollars. Money well spent. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom