Canada to Legalize Cannabis - Trudeau Elected

LEDBud

I AM SO HAPPY !

In Canada Today

Trudeau to be the next Prime Minister with a LANDSLIDE victory beats out the NAZI wannabe with RACIST ties the former Prime Minister the most unhonorable Stephen Harper.

Mr Trudeau would like to increase taxes on Canadian citizens making more than $200,000 a year, and lower those for the middle class. He has vowed that, if elected, he will work "right away" to see that marijuana is legalised. He also wants to double national spending on infrastructure, which would create a "modest short-term deficit" for the country in the interest of boosting the economy.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Laws can be changed in quicker than 2 years , fingers crossed its in this calendar year.

The Past Nazi Prime Minister Harper changed laws in 30 days on a regular basis.
Most of his rushed Laws were a direct assault on Canadians and many against our Charter of Rights.

I'll believe it when I see it, but it has to be a positive thing so far. If nothing else I don't think police will be putting much money and effort into chasing growers and smokers. I don't believe for a second that the fight is over. With any policy that is proposed we should be going over the fine print and not so fine print very very carefully. Greed runs the show generally. If any new laws are to be written in the next few years then this will be the time for activists to fight tooth and nail for real legalization.
But- I'm sooooooooo happy to see Harper out!!!!!!!!!
:high-five:

Hang On Boys Legalization is coming FAST for us Canadians

Legalization is coming FAST for us Canadians

Canada's Prime Minister-designate Justin Trudeau, having trounced his Conservative rivals, will face immediate pressure to deliver on a swathe of election promises, from tackling climate change to legalizing marijuana.

Trudeau toppled Stephen Harper's Conservatives to win a majority on Monday, giving him the freedom to start implementing his campaign pledges largely unimpeded

The 43-year-old son of former prime minister Pierre Trudeau was swept to victory with 39.5 percent of the popular vote in an election that saw the highest voter turnout since 1993.

"To this country's friends all around the world, many of you have wondered that Canada has lost a compassionate and constructive voice in the world over the past 10 years," Trudeau told jubilant supporters in Ottawa.

"Well, I have a simple message for you on behalf of 35 million Canadians: we’re back."

The win marked a turn in political fortunes that smashed the record for the number of seats gained from one election to the next. The center-left Liberals had been a distant third-place party before the vote.

Laws can be changed in quicker than 2 years , fingers crossed its in this calendar year.

The Past Nazi Prime Minister Harper changed laws in 30 days on a regular basis.
Most of his rushed Laws were a direct assault on Canadians and many against our Charter of Rights.

I hate to disagree.... laws changed in 30 days because he had support and the senate passed it. The liberal party backed up c-51 if this is what your referring to... I dont know what will happen.. This also could be a golden key(tool) to win a second term of liberals in office.. There are two sides of this. which plays out?? who knows. Experts say 2 years. A political tool for term 2.. Alaska legalized it.. But.. Hash is still illegal.. its a felony..

Strange how Alaska legalizes Cannabis but not hash , it Makes NO SENSE.

Now that Trudeau is in Power us Canadians are in for some cannabis without jail - BOUT TIME

Trudeau did say he will amend the Law/Laws that Harper Tainted Canada with.

Trudeau pulled all Canadians Troops back home to Canada the *second* he got in office.

He has to undo ALL what Harper has done to Canada and its image.
Make friends not war etc. ect. that Harper was a real piece of work make that real POS

Harper Threatened Putin ! wtf is with that..

I came across a News Page with some Videos of Trudeau related to legalizing Cannabis.

I would post the link but it may be against the TOS

One thing I found funny on the Page is it has a video of the disgraced ex PM harper declaring cannabis is much worse then cigarettes on peoples health.

To bad he did not smoke pot , he might awaken the good spirit inside himself , lord Knows it exists somewhere.
I would not be at all surprised if he smoked the Cancer causing cigarettes , and has the shit like breath of a heavy smoker waffling around him

Do A search to watch the creep
copy paste
- Harper says smoking marijuana impacts people’s health “infinitely worse” than cigarettes -

Trudeau has given his first official order starting the process towards legalizing w

It begins

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has given his first official order starting the process towards legalizing weed.

In a public mandate letter issued to Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould Friday, Trudeau listed the government's top priorities, including working with the Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and Health ministers to "create a federal-provincial-territorial process that will lead to the legalization and regulation of marijuana."

The letter also calls for a review of sentencing reforms with the goal of reducing incarceration rates amongst Indigenous Canadians. Under Stephen Harper, the Conservatives imposed mandatory minimum sentences for drug crimes, including growing marijuana–a policy that has been widely criticized as "cruel and unusual."

In the absence of an official cannabis policy change, police forces across the country are using their discretion when deciding whether or not to enforce current drug laws.

The world is going to be looking to Canada to make sure we do the job well

A update with some current chatter

The federal health minister says "the world is going to be looking to Canada to make sure we do the job well" when it comes to legalizing and regulating marijuana.

In an interview with CBC News, Jane Philpott said the government will look abroad for best practices, but said she doesn't see a perfect model anywhere.

Trudeau mandates pot legalization, overhaul of Conservative justice reforms

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau campaigned on the legalization and regulation of marijuana for recreational use, and has mandated Philpott, along with Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale and Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould, to create a federal-provincial-territorial process to accomplish that.

Philpott said the government will create a task force to consult with legal authorities, public safety officials and Health Canada scientists, who already have a role in regulating products with health risks such as tobacco.

Scientists in her department have already started to brief her on the topic, she said.

Philpott, a family doctor, has four children, including one who is a teenager. She said she tries to have open conversations with all of them about a range of health issues, including marijuana.

Those conversations have convinced her the current system of prohibition and criminalization is not working.

"I think if any of your viewers, if they ask their teenage children, they can verify for them that [marijuana] is far too accessible. And obviously there's issues around safety and concentrations that are available in certain products are very dangerous," Philpott said.

"Often the products are not pure, and that's something that's a serious health concern for us."

Philpott said it is too early to speculate on what kind of restrictions will be placed around the sale of marijuana, such as an age limit – but she said her government is committed to keeping it away from teenagers.

"It's extremely important to me as a young parent and as a [health-care] provider to make sure we keep marijuana out of the hands of kids and young people, whose brains are developing. And at the moment, unfortunately, it's extremely accessible," she said.
Pot in corner stores?

The Opposition Conservatives did not respond to a request for comment Friday on what they want to see in the government's legislation.

But during the election campaign, the Conservatives were critical of the Liberal plan, telling voters it would lead to marijuana being sold in corner stores, where teenagers could get their hands on it easily.

Trudeau said he didn't think corner stores would be the best place to sell marijuana, suggesting staff weren't always rigorous enough in checking ID.

(The industry association that represents convenience stores noted at the time it hasn't advocated for the right to sell marijuana, though it wasn't happy with Trudeau's characterization of its members' handling of age-restricted products.)

Philpott said most health-care providers are not opposed to the Liberal Party's plan on marijuana.

"I would say they are cautious about this, as I am. We need to be cautious about it," she said. "But I think most thoughtful Canadians recognize that the current system isn't working and they're looking to us to make sure we make a wise decision."

The Canadian Medical Association declined to comment, saying only "we acknowledge the complexity of the issue and the varying perspectives."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Re: The world is going to be looking to Canada to make sure we do the job well

But during the election campaign, the Conservatives were critical of the Liberal plan, telling voters it would lead to marijuana being sold in corner stores, where teenagers could get their hands on it easily.

I'm sure the poor teenagers will be able to brave the cold and continue to buy it outside the corner store. Duh...

Grand standing at its best , it will obviously be controlled like liquor is in Canada.

They will sell Product in licensed Premises much like Colorado does.

The recreational use will be accepted by the opposition when they see
the mouth shutting Profits roll in and a drop in the amount of violent assaults.

`````````````````````````````

It would be nice know the THC and CBN CBD percentages of the products , also say good by to sleeping pills
One big spliff before bedtime and its nighty night for a lot of people , me included.

Now and for over 10 Years in Canada growing 5 Cannabis plants and under has a maximum penalty of a $500 fine. No jail sentence.

I expect that fine will be lifted in short order , like really short order.

link please, I do know that 6 plants + has mandatory jail....hard to believe that one less is merely a MAXIMUM $500 fine.

I watched the justice Minister on TV Announce it to us Canadians and like you read the Law where it states the law starts at 6 plants.

I think you answered your own question , as you also read that the Law starts at 6 plants.

$500 fine and the grow equipment gets returned , I read the court section of the Newspaper and EVERYONE gets their belongings back. (for a change)
Its common knowledge that is not promoted that should be , I am Promoting it.

You could contact NORMAL here in Canada , you'll be reassured.

Soon no fine and more plants or unlimited plants will be the Law :thumb:

Let's hope so. If anyone gets any interesting news about Canadian legalization progress, or lack thereof- please post it here if you feel inclined. I'm allergic to television and mainstream media, so I guess that means I'm not in touch with all the important things going on in life.

Canada's Health Minister announced today to the UN that Canada plans to Legalize Marijuana in the Spring of 2017

They have not released the Particulars but ITS FINALLY HAPPENING

They announced it today , fittingly on 420 day

True

Back
Top Bottom