I gave consent to search my car but they broke my locked glove box?

crillz420

Yesterday in the state of Florida i was pulled over because the cop ran my tag and it came back to my 56 yr old mother and pulled me over because i was driving. Upon coming to my car he took my licence and came back "said he smelled weed" and asked me to step out. I stepped out and he started asking wierd questions like if i "might've smoked weed in there". I said no then the asked to go in i originally said no but since my oil rig was in the glove box and had nothing of my knowledge on me i said go ahead. They looked and found 2 empty spent cone filters. Then he asked for the key for the glove i refused. They detained me in the car as they went to try to open the glove box. I told them not to open my locked glove box. After everything they got the rig out. but noe the glove box is broken in the locked position. How? and there is extensive damage to my glove box i can't open even with my key. What can i do as far as the legal issues? I was issued a ticket for marijuana possession of the empty cone roaches and paraphernalia.

Just for the sake of information:

The only information you absolutely must give an officer is the information found on, state issued, identification card and insurance paperwork. Any more than that gives the officer more leverage to get you to do what he/she wants.

The fifth amendment applies to "Routine" traffic stops. You don't have to roll your window down very far either just enough to slide paperwork in and or out of will suffice. If the cop asks why you won't roll your window down further tell him or her it for your our own protection and it is what you have been taught to do.

You never should have stepped out of the car. Just because an officer requests you to do something doesn't automatically mean you must do what is asked.

Once consent to search is given the officer is allowed to break things to complete a full search of the vehicle. The used cone filters just gave the officer more reason to continue searching.

Interior automotive parts can be replaced with used parts from a salvage yard and lock cylinders can be repined to match any key.

In regards to the ticket(s) talk with a lawyer. If the lawyer is savy enough he or she can have the trial delayed at least twice. By the time the final court date is set the officer either won't show up and or won't be able to remember the details of the traffic stop.

Never give consent to search. Once asked to step out of the car you must oblige(if driving), or face possible arrest for refusing a lawful order. It is our own fault for being so damn lazy since 1980, allowing the militarization of our police, because we are so in love with anything military. We deserve what we get!!!! Luckily he did not see you as a "possible threat" and blow your brains out.

Do you have any weapons or drugs in the car. Always ask "what would make you ask me that officer", never answer yes or no. This places the reasonable cause of "suspicion" on them.

Never give consent to search. Once asked to step out of the car you must oblige(if driving), or face possible arrest for refusing a lawful order.

Kindly site the law, not statute, which states one must step out of a car when asked.

While sitting with the steering wheel in front of me, I have been asked to step out of my vehicle and refused to do so without any repercussions.

Remember law applies to everyone equally, statutes don't. Just in case you don't already know, the word "Shall" is a legal term which legally means "May" or "Must."

I am not trying to argue.

I have a friend who was dead drunk when she was pulled over. She only rolled the window down far enough to pass her license. The police tried to get her out of the car and she refused. She kept telling them she was afraid of them and didn't want to get out. They had supervisors come out to reason with her, and still she refused. After about three hours, they let her go home.

Kindly site the law, not statute, which states one must step out of a car when asked.

While sitting with the steering wheel in front of me, I have been asked to step out of my vehicle and refused to do so without any repercussions.

Remember law applies to everyone equally, statutes don't. Just in case you don't already know, the word "Shall" is a legal term which legally means "May" or "Must."

I am not trying to argue.
There is a big legal difference between "may" and "must" shall means legally shall.

Never give consent to search. Once asked to step out of the car you must oblige(if driving), or face possible arrest for refusing a lawful order. It is our own fault for being so damn lazy since 1980, allowing the militarization of our police, because we are so in love with anything military. We deserve what we get!!!! Luckily he did not see you as a "possible threat" and blow your brains out.

Reread George Orwell's 1984. This fake by rote " patriotism" leads to much bigger things.

Back
Top Bottom