What is the possible charge for a single plant in Canada?

BillyBud420

Hello!

I have looked around and cannot find an answer to where a single plant would land in the criminal code. Even the draconian c-10 states 5 plants as the cut off but doesn't state what is below that number.

So, I have two questions:

1. What is the penalty if convicted for possessing a single plant? (I know it isn't likely but am curious as to what is on the books). There is info on possession of marijuana (30g or less?) , but what about a plant?

2. Is it possible to see if ANYONE has ever been convicted of having a small grow of one plant?

Full disclosure, I'm trying to convince my wife that one plant is nothing to worry about even in a worst case scenario and would love some facts!

Thanks to you all!

In Canada for the last 10 years if you grow 5 plants or under its a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of a $500 fine.
This happens daily in Canada , the Judge gives the $500 fines and returns the grow equipement that the Nazi like police have taken/ stolen from the citizen.

If you grow 6 plants they charge you with a crime.

This law is the current law ln the Canada , 6 plants or more is a minumum 1 year jail term.

The Canandian Mariujuna laws are being rewitten as I type with legalizing weeks away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I live by the 5 plant rule or more so grow within it.

In Canada for the last 10 years if you grow 5 plants or under its a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of a $500 fine.
This happens daily in Canada , the Judge gives the $500 fines and returns the grow equipement that the Nazi like police have taken/ stolen from the citizen.

If you grow 6 plants they charge you with a crime.

This law is the current law ln the Canada , 6 plants or more is a minumum 1 year jail term.

The Canandian Mariujuna laws are being rewitten as I type with legalizing weeks away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I live by the 5 plant rule or more so grow within it.

Thanks LED! That is comforting!

Great to see Trudeau official pass the ministerial order to get started on legalizing! Don't you think the first step would be an amendment to the criminal code to prevent people getting charged while they set up a framework for legalization? I wonder how long it will be before we actually see any change in the laws and enforcement.

Sent from my iPad using 420

Trudeau has giving a order to the Justice minister to have drug laws ammended and to help set up the framework for legalization.

It happening right now , I expect a announcement will be made in the next few weeks.

I am thinking it *will* be before the New Year ;) or shortly there after.

Here is a article on it
`````````````````

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has given his first official order starting the process towards legalizing weed.

In a public mandate letter issued to Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould Friday, Trudeau listed the government's top priorities, including working with the Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness and Health ministers to "create a federal-provincial-territorial process that will lead to the legalization and regulation of marijuana."

The letter also calls for a review of sentencing reforms with the goal of reducing incarceration rates amongst Indigenous Canadians. Under Stephen Harper, the Conservatives imposed mandatory minimum sentences for drug crimes, including growing marijuana—a policy that has been widely criticized as "cruel and unusual."

In the absence of an official cannabis policy change, police forces across the country are using their discretion when deciding whether or not to enforce current drug laws.

I never knew you guys were able to grow 4 plants and it only be a fine. That's pretty damn awesome! 4 plants is less than ideal, but it sure if better than zero!

the laws concerning cultivating maryjane are quite specific ..I read them and yes 6 plants or more lands you jail time...so a single plant is not an issue...I recently started 3 plants...with insurance that if 2 die or go bad at least I got 1 plant...the best advice is to not tell anyone that you are a master grower...hahaha..remember the main thing that gets people in trouble is their mouth...so keep it shut...lol

Back
Top Bottom