Oregon Marijuana laws

Big Sur

As I have posted in other threads on this forum, the new laws in Oregon about recreational marijuana are in a state if flux. I am still confused about many of the issues here. In trying to sort it out, I found this web site by the Oregon State Bar Association which has posted a good easy to understand quick overview and analysis of the laws as they are now, and how they may affect anyone here in Oregon. They also include the medical marijuana laws, the new industrial hemp growing laws, and conflicts with existing federal laws.

Oregon Marijuana Law

To add to this, the OLCC has released their Temporary Rules for Recreational Marijuana on 10/22/2015. That is filled with complex legalese and very detailed and available as a PDF file on this web site:

https://www.oregon.gov/olcc/marijuana/Documents/TemporaryMarijuanaRules_adopted_102215.pdf

On 11/20/2015 the state of Oregon also released a document called, Business Readiness Guideline for recreational marijuana businesses. In that they warn about starting a rec MJ biz in areas that have opted out of any or all types of commercial MJ business. In those areas, the OLCC will not issue licenses. They also list the rather complicated process of getting licensed, and they now list 6 types of licenses (up from the original 4; they now include licensing for MJ research and for lab testing). It is less detailed and complicated than the Temporary Rules listed above, and focuses on getting licensed. It is in a PDF file available online here:

https://links.govdelivery.com/track...inessReadinessGuide_RecreationalMarijuana.pdf

Confused?

So would someone wanting to specifically work with Starts and Strains apply for a research license or a cultivators license?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using 420

So would someone wanting to specifically work with Starts and Strains apply for a research license or a cultivators license?

Good question. The latest OLCC posting has the new twist with the addition of the lab and research licenses. I suppose that you could grow clones and strains with either one though. The licensing aspect would be the similar, as would be the requirements. Though the zoning required by the state may be different. To get a grow license in Oregon, you have to be zoned agricultural or farm/forest. I am not sure about research.

I was very interested in getting a grow license here on my property to develop my landrace seed collection and to grow and cross clones to supply live plants to rec weed sales places. But the requirements, cost and overhead would simply be too high to do that. I am used to a smaller scale medical grow situation here with far fewer requirements, and I may just stick with that and the 4 plant personal limitation under the new law.

Back
Top Bottom