Raids Based On Anonymous Tips

fizz

Just saw that a fairly prominent figure recently got their home raided based on an anonymous tip so I went to google news and typed in "marijuana raid" and there's a lot of them. Strange thing is that they're all based on anonymous tips.

In my opinion this shouldn't be allowed in the U.S. because whose to say there was ever any tip at all. Maybe a cop assumed or suspected or just didn't like the person. Maybe it's the people they bought their grow supplies from and they assumed they were breaking the law and reported them.

I guess what I'm saying is that when it comes to raids based on folks growing, their should be concrete evidence and the accuser with the evidence (the facts) should have to be presented so that we know the cops weren't just harassing the people.

What really got me thinking about this was that I actually know of someone who's home was recently raided based on anonymous tip. The warrant was for cultivating, problem is that they've never cultivated and the cops found no grow at all, not one plant and no grow equipment.

So how is anyone to know if there was ever a tip from a normal citizen or if the tip came from within the police department. They did find 2 or 3 ounces of weed, basically a little bit in different rooms of the house. Tore the crap outta the house to. Even went as far as putting the childs stuffed animals in dish water just to be mean. Tore posters off the wall, poured all the sugar and flower containers out all over the floor. It was bad but no one went to jail thankfully. All the adults in the house had to go to court and face charges for the weed though.

This is something I believe would be worth folks protesting against ever happening. This isn't the 70's, can't believe this still happens. Cops could bust in anyones house (which they do) and just say "hey it was an anonymous tip"

I agree it is important to know your laws even the criminal complaint laws and under the us constitution if u are blamed for a crime anonymous or not you have y he right to face your accusers if it is a tip it is an accusation and the justice system is required to give u all information pertaing to the crime i.e.tips I spent 5 years in prison becase I did not know my laws it sucked could have been avoided

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using 420

In the raid on the people I knew that I mentioned above, cops said that they simply had bad information. This has probably been 6-8 months ago and to this day it seems like to me they could sue and win for damages for this kinda mistake. The ultimate invasion of privacy based on false accusations.

Yeah, he won't do it and may not have a leg to stand on but it blew my mind that they busted in with a warrant for cultivation based on a bad tip, didn't find any sign of a grow and there's no repercussions against law enforcement.

I guess it's just hard for me to fathom that they need no evidence at all, just someone biatch saying it's true...

I think that most 420 gardeners are astute enough to understand that the only way to keep a secret is to keep the secret......

However keeping the secret involves a lot more than not telling anyone. If you have people working in and around your home/grow area it s important that you don't change habits and the like suddenly, because a smart/analytical person can put two and two together quite easily.

So for example; a person living in an apartment block with no outside space, who is spotted schlepping bags of soil into their flat every 3 months or so.....

Person with an uncared for front and rear Garden (yard) who is seen taking delivery of or bringing home tonnes of gardening supplies every now and then....

Smells; cooking cannabis when there is any possibility of random people perceiving the smell......growing too close to frequented areas and hoping no one will guess where the smell is coming from.......

Most appliances that make a noise also emit vibration to some extent. So for example all your gear goes on daily at say 6am and all goes off at midnight. If one is unlucky and the apartment above or below is able to note the timings and notice that whether there is anyone in the flat or not the vibrations/ noise always start and end at the same times daily....

Friends and family.....a person who suddenly starts locking a room, garage, shed or whatever that was always previously accessible is asking for trouble, human beings are curious......

Dealers - when you started growing yours, did you just tell your dealer you are growing yours now ? When the SL and I started smoking our own stuff, we first told our guy that we had a very bad trip off the last Lot we bought off him and that if we could not get better stuff we were going to quit smoking cos it was getting too expensive and we were getting shittier and shittier stuff. ( where we live is fairly small) he persevered trying to sell us weed for another year before he finally gave up. It was all done in a friendly and gradual way, now he just thinks we got old and quit.....

Buying supplies, having stuff like seeds, soil, lighting, amendments and the like delivered to the same address you are growing in...... (Government and business are becoming the same thing; don't be caught with your pants down.....)

Supplies, I travel nearly 2 hours by car to buy my supplies even though there are two closer towns that Have growshops

I don't get friendly with the growshop guy or any people I meet in the growshop, even though everyone seems to want to get friendly with other growers....bottom line I don't know who they are and would rather not get any unpleasant surprises some time down the line.......

What I am droning on about is fairly simple; unless you live somewhere super rural and isolated, there are always people around watching, whether you are paying attention or not. They are watching innocently, but it doesn't take a genius to wonder what a neighbour, boss, friend, relative or enemy is up to when one suddenly notices unusual or hard to explain activity.

The house opposite us is a good 150 metres or so away from our front door, but last year when the wife left, I knew nearly 3 months before he confided to my husband that she had left. We are not and have never been friends but I noticed the absence of her little routines and such.

While it might be tempting to attribute great intelligence, cunning and malice to policemen, the fact of the matter is that your average policeman has very average intelligence and 90% of their activity is reactive rather than proactive. So it might be galling to hear but most people are raided because someone did make an anonymous call....anonymous because they know the grower intimately or peripherally somewhere in their lives.

So bottom line is that a sizeable number of growers are growing illegally and when you are doing something illegal, the onus is on you to employ a belt and braces approach at all times, if you don't/can't keep your secret you can't rely on other peoples decency to keep you out of the slammer.

Happy Sunday all :Namaste:

I think that most 420 gardeners are astute enough to understand that the only way to keep a secret is to keep the secret......

I still say BS. If someone you buy your grow supplies from assumes your growing and gives a tip then I cry BS.

Should have to have solid evidence to break in a home, your risking the lives of officers and the folks inside the residence.

If the cops woulda broke in my friends house and he woulda shot and killed the cops? Then it woulda made the news. If they woulda killed him or his family members it woulda made the news. If they woulda found a grow it woulda made the news but......But since nothing was found it wasn't on the news and nobody cares but it affected many lives.

I still say BS. If someone you buy your grow supplies from assumes your growing and gives a tip then I cry BS.

Should have to have solid evidence to break in a home, your risking the lives of officers and the folks inside the residence.

If the cops woulda broke in my friends house and he woulda shot and killed the cops? Then it woulda made the news. If they woulda killed him or his family members it woulda made the news. If they woulda found a grow it woulda made the news but......But since nothing was found it wasn't on the news and nobody cares but it affected many lives.

A little tale from the limp phallus of North America: The sheriffs department of Pinellas County figured that the best location to place a surveillance camera was in a service box on the side of a utility pole with a view of a local hydro store parking lot. They used this to gather license plate numbers and would decide who to pay a visit to as much a year later. They would show up at a persons home and ask to come in and upon denial they would cook up an excuse and force their way in claiming that they could smell the plants. In one case they actually found a single plant in the garage. This method was the brain child of the DEA's Operation Green Merchant.
I guess rule one if you visit a hydro store is to look for cameras outside, the one mentioned above was in a standard looking box with one exception being the small glass window in its side.

An anonymous tip is just like an out-of-average high electric bill - it could turn out to be nothing. Therefore, tips (anonymous or otherwise) should be treated as contributory evidence at best. A judge who issues a search warrant based solely on an anonymous tip has, IMHO, overstepped his/her bounds - and should seriously consider purchasing a boat if he/she wishes to continue going on fishing expeditions.

Regards,

There's Some Peoples Kids Eh! & Here we have a PERFECT Example OF "Some People's Law Enforcement Agencies Eh" I Mean Really?
U KNOW When Someone who works In Law Enforcement HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN THIS! THEY REALLY NEED TO RE-EVALUATE-
-Their INTEGRITY & HONOR Books AGAIN! For Heavens Sakes MAN! PUT Said TIME & Funds It Cost to Run Such a-
-Dirty Rotten Surveillance Set Up & Put It Into Investigating POLICE CORRUPTION. Make at Least Some Decent Arrests from-
-THAT Filthy Pool Of CRIMINALS! Sorry for the Rant, However I've been a Victim of Several Corrupt Police Officers. Then I Read THIS-
- Call it What THEY WANT! WE See It For What IT TRULY IS! I Honestly Could NEVER Be A Part Of This type of SNEAKY UNDERHANDED -
- & Downright INVASION OF ONES PRIVACY? To ARREST Cannabis Growers? WOW! How Fortunate for The REAL Criminals Eh?
- While their watching The Footage of these Video Surveillance Tapes, Real Crooks are Busy Doing Horrific Things To Good Decent People.
- I'm Just So VERY Blessed To Be Living In Canada Today (Born & Raised) & OUR Government has Taken a page from-
- the Amsterdam Book Of Common Sense & Legalizing Marijuana/Cannabis Here! Believe Me when I Say, "Thank Heavens for That Eh!
- 4yrs ago I Explained to My Family Physician That as a Direct Result Of My Marijuana Use from the age of 14. If I were to be-
- stopped by Police & Caught with so much as 3 1/2 grams of ANY THC Content Substance, "I would Receive a minimum 6 month Jail term.
- At Which Point (God Bless Her Precious Heart) She Gave Me a Medical Marijuana prescription for 3 grams per day. 2 years after which.
I had been accosted by a Police Officer of whom Back in my Not So Well Behaved Past Had Arrested Me More than once to say the least.
- Every single time was for Possession Of Weed, Hash, Oil, etc. etc. When I showed him my Legal Proof to Carry He ripped it up and threw - it in my face He was so ANGRY I was Truly Afraid for my Safety. Told me he'd Be Watching Me & Waiting for 1 slip and-
-Bammo He'd Be There! I Hope He Holds His Breath Waiting Eh! LMAO That's My 2 Cents Worth. :circle-of-love: :Namaste: :Namaste:
- I'm attaching some pics of my Current GROW. with my 4x4 FusionHut running a 900 Watt Mars Hydro II Full Spectrum LED

Sincerely: Don. D
IMG_361816.JPG
IMG_343916.JPG
IMG_359911.JPG
IMG_33129.JPG
IMG_325118.JPG

What an amazing post ! Do you want to write some books for me ?

And what US states are unlike that, i.e there is no fear of being ratted out since it simply is legal to grow ?

I can add there is also people wanting to hurt you or defend from you which will rat you out. So if you are scared for something like that... i will never tolerate begin scared like that.

If I had a Dime for every time my Mom & Most of My Close Personal Friends Told me I should be an Author of Some of the Shight I've Lived Through etc.etc. I'd be @ Least a Millionaire. LMAO I have to be Honest here though, I'm somewhat Confused by your message-
-wherein you mention- I can add there is also people wanting to hurt you or defend from you which will rat you out??? Maybe it's Broken English as in your Not a Native of North America? & your trying to say something that sounds Much Different in Meaning? Either Way I'm Not A Prejudice Man Nor Do I Condone such Behavior. So No Worries there Just reply to this message as Best You Can & I'll Figure it out second time around eh! LOL. :rofl: I hope this message finds you in Good Spirits. I Look forward to Hearing Back from You.

P.S.
Not sure how well I'd be at writing a Book However, I'd give it a go if the subject is of my approval. I hope to hear back from you at your soonest Convenience, As I'm Quite Intrigued by your message.
Sincerely: Don D. :Namaste: :green_heart: :Namaste:

I can't believe I didn't answer your Question here, "MY BAD BRO" & YES It's LEGAL Here In CANADA To Grow Marijuana Even If You Don't have a Medical Prescription for it! Within Reason Of Course. I know for certain that Police In Canada will NO LONGER Be Busting small GROWS ANYTHING less than 12 Plants and they won't even Check it Out.ONLY IDIOTS Will get Busted for Growing as The Police Have been told that Marijuana Possession & Growers WILL NO LONGER BE PERSECUTED FOR DOING SO! COMPLETE DECRIMINALIZATION!!!
I Truly HOPE The USA Follows Suit Eh! I'm Quite Certain they Basically Already Have. Fingers Crossed Brother. Stay Well Brother!

Sincerely: Don D. :Namaste: :green_heart: :Namaste:

Where in canada is this? No laws have been passed that i know of....its still all smoke and mirriors nothing writen in stone yet unless you have that medical card...i dont grow personally but i been smoking for 30 years and never had any charges related to it :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom