Which Other EU/US Or World Countries Treat Cannabis As Lightly As Holland?

u1556

Hello All,

I am wondering what people can confirm are other places in the world where it is as easy to smoke as it is in Holland/Netherlands. In Holland cannabis is illegal but when smoked where designated and kept quietly as the police asks, it is is generally allowed ( That is what my impression is about Holland, but I do not live there ) .

So what other countries out there are like Holland and possibly have strong economy/safety where one would consider relocating to? And which US states are like that ?

So what other countries out there are like Holland and possibly have strong economy/safety where one would consider relocating to? And which US states are like that ?

States in the United States? It is legal for recreational purposes in: Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington. And, although it is not a state, it is technically legal for recreational purposes in Washington DC. IIRC, the question is also supposed to appear on the ballots of five or so additional states this November. And, for medicinal purposes, it is legal in a lot more states (I cannot remember the exact number, somewhere between 20 and 30 of them I think).

As far as other countries go... Uruguay was (I think?) the first country to legalize cannabis "across the board" in recent times. But parts of that are somewhat murky (it appears that the country's current president is less in favor of it than their previous president was). Here are three articles from earlier this year that should help explain the situation there. I do not have any up-to-the-minute information about it. But, technically, Uruguay fully legalized the sale, cultivation, and consumption of cannabis in December, 2013.

What Happened with Marijuana Legalization in Uruguay?

Uruguay's legal marijuana policy en route to next phase of regulation | World news | The Guardian

Uruguay’s Half-Baked Marijuana Experiment | Foreign Policy

Back
Top Bottom