TSA and seeds

LiaK

420 Member
Hypothetically, if someone were to forget they have some loose seeds in a pocket or in their carry on, would the TSA scanners pick that up?

If they actually found them and knew what they were then they would take them away at a minimum, as imagine they go by Federal laws. Not like they going to set off the metal detector though ;).

Not suggesting you do it, but...

I have taken seeds through TSA on multiple occasions with no problems at all. I'm not talking hundreds of seeds, but I've taken between 10 and 30 seeds on multiple occasions and haven't had issues.

Generally I just dump the seeds into a sock, ball up the sock and throw it in my carry on bag along with all my other stuff.

Again not saying you should follow my advice, but I have done it.

Thank you for the responses. I learned that local laws apply and the TSA, who are in the business of security rather than law enforcement will, at worst, hand the situation over to local law enforcement. ...if they are interested.

Seems to me, again hypothetically, that a couple of very small containers, loose in a medicine bag full of other containers, will not get any attention as it passes through a busy TSA pre-check line.
Lia.

Those @ssholes aren't smart enough to grow, man. You'd probably have to wrap a $20 bill around your seeds in order to get one of the thugs to confiscate them. If you're really paranoid, allow the most attractive woman in sight to cut in line immediately behind you. You'll be waved on through after the minimum attention (if that) so that the screener can spend more time fondling and groping I mean searching her.

Sad... but probably true, from what I've read in the news reports.

Back
Top Bottom