HolloH

Summary: Lake County, California specific questions pertaining to either a recreational grow business or medicinal collective.

I have the funds and dream to create an indoor collective(of sorts). I was planning on building 6-20 outdoor storage sheds about 10' X 8' in size. I want to run two 4'x4' tents in each with LED lighting, and have discrete air filters, even though the property is fairly large, and neighbors are not close by. I can provide more exact property measurements later in this thread. I plan to either harvest from the sheds myself, or preferably rent/lease out the sheds to veterans and patients to grow their own medicine.

The problem I am having with my dream is, of course, the law... I know legal recreational use has begun(kind of), and the state has started accepting applications for commercial cultivation, and will begin giving out the licenses in 2018. I would absolutely love to be involved with the legal cultivation of commercial marijuana. I have read through...

SUMMARY OF LAKE COUNTY MARIJUANA CULTIVATION REGULATIONS
Chapter 21, Article 72 of Lake County Code (Measure N); prepared July 1, 2014

... in regards to the cultivation in my county. Admitting my ignorance, I am having trouble understanding the Community Growth Boundaries. It also failed to cover what I had in mind. Outdoor collectives seem to be covered in excess, but nothing about an indoor collective. If a collective is not possible for commercial personal use, then I would consider just using my own sheds to cultivate for a distributor, and would need to know where to start applying for the right paperwork. Any help on where to start the paperwork to be a single cultivator would be appreciated.

I also know there are medicinal ways to go about this. I know of collectives, and individual growers that were "compensated" by dispensaries, and providing medicine is a guiding intent for the project. I would like to grow the strains most in demand for patients attempting to manage pain, and powerful medications. This is not just a for-profit venture, but money will need to be made to "keep on the lights". Reading through...

ARTICLE 72
SEC. 21-72 REGULATIONS FOR THE CULTIVATION OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA

... I have the same issue as with the Lake county cultivation regulation summary. Lots on outdoor collectives... little, that I could find, on an indoor collective I had in mind.

I was needing any legal advice for the County of Lake in California specifically, and any thoughts on what my direction should be. At this point I could pivot in any direction. Single commercial cultivator, personal use grow space leasing, medicinal cultivator, medicinal collective... etc. I just need to know what to call myself. I have to honestly confess the primary goal is to make money, but I will be doing it with honest intentions in mind. I know large grow conglomerations will be taking the majority of the market, but I have a feeling that small reliable grow operations can work. I might just end up finding a lawyer to keep on retainer, but I'd like to think I am capable enough to get it started on my own.

Bumping. I have only found one real resource for legal information. The land approximately 5.5 acres zoned as agricultural. The build is being put on hold for building permits and inspectors. Any additional help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom