California resident - Room-mate's on felony probation

Littleherc

so me and my brother thought we would grow a couple of plants seeing that it is legal now.. so we have 4 babies and theyre about 3 months old... my roommate just got on felony probation.. can we have these plants? we are growing these outdoors by the way...
thank you very much...

so me and my brother thought we would grow a couple of plants seeing that it is legal now.. so we have 4 babies and theyre about 3 months old... my roommate just got on felony probation.. can we have these plants? we are growing these outdoors by the way...
thank you very much...

In California, it is up to the city municipality to develop their own ordinance either allowing outdoor cultivation or not. This is what the "legalization" of prop 64 allowed.

Therefore the best way to find out is to google "your city name + city+ ordinance+ cannabis/marijuana" and see what your city decided. Most cities that I am aware of have banned outdoor cultivation.

Prop 64 does restrict cities from banning the ability to grow 6 plants, however they can ban the growing outdoors. Most cities will allow it indoors (6 plants per household or residence) but the details change for each city. Some cities require you to pay for a permit, have a city inspector come to verify the grow is within city code and safe and allow inspections (I am completely against this overreach by the way) and other cities allow you to grow your 6 plants however you choose, as long as they are indoors, locked and out of public view. A city may not ban the allowance of growing 6 plants however they can "reasonably regulate" the conditions.

Each city is different so you have to research what your city/or county allows.

As far as your roomate, I am not sure how that would play out. I doubt it would effect you, but it may be a problem for your roomate. I don't know the specifics of it, however I do believe there are certain protections for those with drug offences and also abilities for some to get charges either dropped or lessened if they are related to cannabis. I don't know the details and for his sake it would be best that he consults a legal opinion from an attorney.

Back
Top Bottom