Question about helicopters using thermal imaging

johnboy1

Would 29c show up if a helicopter was flying around about 200-300ft from the crop?
This morning i was greeted with a helicopter flying alarmingly close!
I first thought nothing of it, But they continued to circle the block of apartments for 20 minutes, Switching from the back to front

I Got paranoid and quickly ran to turn off my lights, they continued circling for a further 15 minutes before leaving, by this time the tempatures we're at 24c

I live in the UK where it is classed as a class B drug and can carry up to 5 years in prison with an unlimited fine i believe
Although i grow it for medicinal purposes for myself
The UK is very old fashioned with marijuana laws.

The tent is directly behind a glass window at the back, I use a mars II 900 and
The tent is 1.2m2 and about 6 ft 5 tall(Nearly two metres) although i only have 3 plants inside

So the big question - Would thermal imaging even beable to pick up a 1.2M2 square room at 29c using one light?

If its any help, I live in a block of apartments four on top of eachother, im one from bottom

Big answer - No :) They are not even looking your way, this is just prohibition paranoia.

Thermal Imaging cameras on helicopters are used to catch runaway criminals and lost senile folks.

You and your tent are not worth a thermal image to the police, never mind an hours worth of helicopter fuel.

Cheers for the answer Richard! I defietly agree im being over paranoid!

And aye prohibition paranoia... I like that termology
The goverment should take that into account when insinuating that weed gives you paranoia :DD

Well its been a few hours all was sound i convinced myself it was prohibition paranoia
Until police pulled up 5 minutes ago directly outside my apartment and jumped out with a police dog, and walked up and down the rows of apartments near mine
I quickly grabbed my tobacco and went outside and rolled a ciggarete thinking someone was getting raided, defietly not the case! I went outside, wondering where he had went, he emerged five seconds later with the dog who quickly went towards me
He put him on the boot and went
My suspicion
Theyve seen the heat this morning
Pulled up outside with a dog for him to smell
Now they are going back to get a warrant?
Shall i get rid of them whilst i can? Anyone whos been busted before is this how it went down? Where i live they are hard on weed

Geez... at this point maybe better safe than sorry. Especially for only three plants. If nothing else paranoia will eat you up...
Find or buy some legal herbs or vegetables or something to toss in the tent.

Was just wondering this as I have 2 going under a 250w hps in the airing cupboard. Chopper went over head twice then flew off but was hovering around the streets for a while. No police have popped up anywhere near me is there a chance the heat from the boiler masked it

Yeah, defietly agreed! shit me right up, better safe than sorry poor babies had to be killed and i sent my equipment over to a different house, Hate the way the UK is run!
Have to be paranoid/scared to use the only drug i feel actually helps for my mental health issues!

Only hope for me is heat from boiler and the fact it's not that hot the heat is spreading over the loft and disappearing and with the fact it's been warm out lately might of helped

The dog probably smelled you when you went outside, but they are not interested in an end user with 3 plants.

Running around the streets with growing equipment in your arms is much more risky than sitting tight at home would have been. Even if they had found your tent, the punishment would not be much more than the situation that you have right now.

You were growing 3 plants for personal use, which makes the "crime" a lesser role Category 4:

Lesser role: Starting Point: Band C fine Category Range: Discharge – Community Service

Lesser role: Person performs limited functions, engaged by pressure or intimidation, through naivety, no influence on others and very little awareness of commercial scale. If own operation, solely for personal use (considering reasonableness in circumstances)

Category 4: 9 plants or less is considered a domestic operation.

Whether light/no punishment is involved or not, it's a huge hassle and invasion of personal space. Personally I value peace of mind more than three plants. I'd rather start from scratch later and get some sleep at night in the meantime. Last time I had police aircraft circling above my place I assumed it wasn't related to me- till they walked up my driveway the next day.

Well if they know something I will find out if they turn up they stay in the garden sun most of the time only under light if it's raining bad

Yeah i looked into all the laws in the UK, But ive got a pretty big criminal record from when i was younger
Im still on probation and community service so i really don't think they'd be so lenient to give me a slap on the wrist
And im nearly off it within the next new months, just don't particularly want to end up in prison over this

11pm so far so good, just sitting here having a smoke.... If i don't get raided as weird as it sounds, i'm going to be very dissapointed.....

On the bright side of that, if i don't ill start back up within the next month!;d

Doubt they will even bother raiding it's pointless it's personal not distribution level and 2 or 3 is so minor. Let's be honest the amount of people growing a couple.if they raided all those they would never have time to find all the big time growers

Ehh yeah im with you, but i live in a really nice part of the uk, Where 64% of people even caught with cannabis are prosecuted(South Wales)

And the coincidence of the choppers then the dog outside really shit me up

Although, Im sitting here smoking, watching, waiting, and feeling more stupid by the joint....

Ehh yeah im with you, but i live in a really nice part of the uk, Where 64% of people even caught with cannabis are prosecuted(South Wales)

And the coincidence of the choppers then the dog outside really shit me up

Although, Im sitting here smoking, watching, waiting, and feeling more stupid by the joint....
We have a high turn over of people where I live that are caught growing but they have an operation of between 30 and 100 plants. A measly couple plants is hardly worth there time when there bigger things out there to get. I mean if they focused as hard on stopping people trying to snatch kids from there parents on way home from school as they do on catching people growing a little something for there pain relief then this country wouldn't have so many problems

I'm in Canada where things are quite lax.
Someone reported something I guess- (outdoor plants). Then I had a police airplane circling all around one day- taking photos presumably. I was a few miles away- heard it but didn't realize till it was all over that it had been the cops. Next day a team of valiant cops on atvs came out attempting all day to drive into the spot (5 minute walk from the road but kind of swampy for their atvs- lol). I heard them roaring around but never saw that they were cops and put two and two together cause I never expected any issues. They trashed the plants. A dozen mite infested 'gifts' from someone that I'd just left out there. I didn't care whether they lived or died but thought I may as well let them run the course with no tlc. 5 had died and seven were alive but small and sad.
The cops trashed the pots and whatever else I had there- scatttering it around and making my a big nasty mess. Then they came and interrogated me. Unfortunately I didn't know anything so could not help them. It was annoying and stressful. Also made it into the shitty little local paper ('Grow show busted- 12 plants!'. Cause of course they count dead plants too).

So the point is- they may still end up investigating a report- even though the local laws are lax. Laws are laws. They must have spent a lot of money on that stupid operation. I hope they did...
The other point - even though I 'got away' - it was still not at all a desirable situation. There's no 'good' situation which involves cops wrecking your stuff, trampling around in your backyard, and coming to your home accusing you of stuff.
I also had another incident which didn't end so well.

No doubt it's not desirable I don't want that attention I grow a couple as personal to help me get to sleep as I suffer joint pain in my knees that keeps me awake and the doctors tell me there's nothing they can do about it. I grow well under the limitatation of what's said to be deemed personal use

Well nothings happened so far! which is bright, but i guess a warrant can take a day or two to be granted!
And it is defietly very undesirable, who are the real criminals, Eh? Lmfao

Just a quick question, would a mars 900 beable to produce a big yield off one plant?
and have you ever heard of someone going to jail over just one plant?

Well nothings happened so far! which is bright, but i guess a warrant can take a day or two to be granted!
And it is defietly very undesirable, who are the real criminals, Eh? Lmfao

Just a quick question, would a mars 900 beable to produce a big yield off one plant?
and have you ever heard of someone going to jail over just one plant?
Not from one plant I haven't but depends if they want to make an example of someone but I would doubt it

Back
Top Bottom