Grounds for Lawsuit?

Carvel

Hi, I am medical marijuana consumer. I applied for renewal April of 2017. As of yet, I STILL do not have my card even though I was approved. I have been in contact with the state of Nevada about the delays but a series of very odd events have delayed me getting the card. None of which are my fault. First of all, I applied and submitted my application in April 2017. I waited for over a month then went to a dispensary with my letter from the doctor thinking that was all I needed. I was told I needed the letter from the state's web site. Only because I called the state to find out the status of my card did I find out that my application was not submitted. I KNOW I submitted it. After submitting it again I waited and waited for my card to arrive but it never did. About a month later I logged onto the site its MY drivers license number and password only to see someone else's information pop up. Prior to this I received a letter from the state saying that my personal information had been stolen from their web site. Now I knew why. I immediately called to let them know the problem. The person on the phone was telling me that she doesn't know what was wrong but that she thought she could fix it. Unbelievable! About another month later I called to find out why I had still not received my card. I was told that my DMV information was not showing up as if I was not in the DMV database. Huh?! So I called DMV and they told me that everything was fine on their end. So I called back the state(mm) to let them know. Right away I got calls from 3 different people from NVMM. Hmmm... One person who seemed to be in charge of the others said the lady that told me about DMV made a mistake. It was like they got caught and were trying to backpedal. Interestingly, I was told everything was fixed and that my card would be issued right away and that I should receive it in 7-10 days. Honestly, I felt like I was being abused, the victim of some twisted plot. As of today, I have still not receiv d my MM card. I really need my medicine for the pain associated with my disability. I can't believe people can be so demented as to deny me my RIGHT to medical marijuana. Would you contact a lawyer?

IMHO trying to sue the State/Feds is a waste of your money and time, unless someone dies or something like that, but that just my opinion. Isn't it legal there now for Rec? Don't know how the taxes are set up down there or the fees for the Medical card, here you would have to use/buy quite a lot to justify the yearly fee for the Medical card compared to money saved on taxes ($180 clinical visit to certify, and like $200 yearly card fee, so you only save money after you buy $1,900 worth in a year), so many folks not bothering to renew their Medical cards up here.

Thank you for your response. I chaulk it down as their last ditch effort to be as ineffective as possible. Kind of like that image of the frog choking the heron as it is being swallowed(by progress). =)

Thank you for your response. I chaulk it down as their last ditch effort to be as ineffective as possible. Kind of like that image of the frog choking the heron as it is being swallowed(by progress). =)

I would like to think that not all dealings with the govt be it State/Feds are a freaking migraine and hoping it is just my luck, as I have yet to have anything go smoothly or anyone I know that has had to deal with them for that matter. It is like they see how serious you are by making you go thru hoops, like they hoping folks give up and make less work for them. That and the good old "get different answers every time you talk to someone different", like they not all on the same page let alone in the same freaking book for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom