Legal or not?

jas74

So I was on short term disability and off work for about 2 months with a back injury suffered outside of work. upon being released to return to work by my doctor I was told I would have to take a return to work U.A. I WAS a member of management at my job for over 5 years and knew I would be required to take the U.A. so it wasn't a huge surprise. so my company told me that it just needed done by that Friday so I could return to work that Monday. Friday came and I went to the testing facility and took my test. after filling the cup I handed it to the screener who then held the cup to her nose and set it back down stating "this isn't real urine it doesn't smell like real urine" and then flushed my sample in the toilet. she then told me I had 3 hours to resubmit a sample or its considered a failed test. I was in the middle of a busy day tying up loose ends and had to pick up my son at football practice and was running late to get him already (100+ outside and he is just sitting in it waiting for me) so I explained to her I couldn't stay and I was calling my boss who told me I could leave but to go get my son and return to retest. 30 minutes later I was returning to the testing facility when my boss called and said never mind the testing company already reported to corporate office that I failed my U.A. and I lost my job for a failed test that was never tested. I have a lawyer who openly laughed when I explained my case saying "some people are morons, and there is no legal way to test with their noses" I feel good about my case but just wondering what you guys think ?

What I think is if I had to go through the hassle of peeing in a cup and the douche smelled it and said it wasn't real urine, I'd have grabbed the cup, threw the urine in his/her face and said, "Well, that shouldn't bother you all that much, then."

... after filling the cup I handed it to the screener who then held the cup to her nose and set it back down stating "this isn't real urine it doesn't smell like real urine" and then flushed my sample in the toilet. she then told me I had 3 hours to resubmit a sample or its considered a failed test.
That's harsh. It's what I DESERVED to have happen this morning. The QuikFix color hue was nearly glowing yellow! Looked like I needed a kidney doctor! And the sample size was half that requested. I think the Lab tech noticed the color. We both kind of looked at it a moment. I think she had to make the call but couldn't be bothered to challenge it. Next time maybe not so lucky.

Back
Top Bottom