Anybody know Michigan law?

rock49911

420 Member
Can I grow in a greenhouse on my property if it is enclosed and locked? I asked LARA and they said I should contact an attorney. :thanks:

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: I do NOT know Michigan law.

I only did a web search for "law michigan cannabis grow locked greenhouse" (sans quotation marks). The very first search result is a lawyer's web page titled "What is Considered an Enclosed Locked Facility (Indoor vs. Outdoor)?"

Enclosed Locked Facility Definition For Outdoor Grows

When HB 4851 was put into effect, it created a specific set of regulations on the outdoor growing of marijuana. Unlike before, there is now a lengthly list of rules which must be met if you decide to grow your medical marijuana outside. In order to comply with these new regulations, your outdoor grow must

1. not be visible to the unaided eye from an adjacent property when viewed by an individual at ground level or from a permanent structure;
  2. be grown within a stationary structure that is enclosed on all sides, except for the base, by chain-link fencing, wooden slats, or a similar material that prevents access by the general public and that is anchored, attached, or affixed to the ground; and,
  3. be located on land that is owned, leased, or rented by either the registered qualifying patient or a person designated through the departmental registration process as the primary caregiver for the registered qualifying patient or patients for whom the marijuana plants are grown
  4. be equipped with functioning locks or other security devices that restrict access to only the registered qualifying patient or the registered primary caregiver who owns, leases, or rents the property on which the structure is located.

HB 4851 Creates Additional Requirements & Confusion

Even transporting your marijuana is now more difficult under HB 4851. For information about the specifics of transporting marijuana, click here. Obviously, this bill makes the definition of an outdoors enclosed locked facility much more strict and confusing. If you fail to comply with only one of these requirements you will lose your section 4 protections and possibly be facing felony criminal charges. If you plan to grow outdoors, make sure that you follow these regulations closely and it would be wise to have a consultation with an attorney who is familiar with these Michigan Medical Marijuana laws. If you are looking an experienced marijuana attorney in Michigan, give us a call today{...}

I hope this helps. And I suggest you perform the same web search that I just did, because I got something like 7,160,000 results, lol.

Be very careful - in Livingston County, Michigan a husband was growing weed outdoors; the weed was for his (MMM card carrying) wife who was battling cancer; he was growing 12 plants (all that is allowed at one time) in a 12 foot high chain link locked cage which did not have a top to it - his property was raided and as I understand it our esteemed Attorney General, Bill Schuette, put him behind bars because without a top it did not meet Michigan's regulatory requirements for growing medical marijuana.

Take a look at the State of Michigan website. The reg's are found there. Our AG is opposed to MJ and recently our legislature has declined to address legalization of recreational use. A legalization proposal is on the ballot for the November election. I hope you signed the petition to get it there and if you are not registered to vote register now so you can vote for legalization!

btw: Schuette is running for Governor too!

Back
Top Bottom