Maine Marijauna dispensary turned me away after driving 4 hours

alf86

My wife and I studied the laws, called up the center was told ok come up Friday. When we got there, pushed the door bell and was let in. I told them my name, He says oh Im so sorry mr. We rechecked the rules and we cant help you. Im so sorry so sorry Mr. Wait she is calling again ,finally got passed the phone and I talked with an oficall of Maine Oh Im so sorry so sorry I got mad and said why the hell are you listed as a 5 th state to ok vacationers, no she said Its not in effect yet I said damit nows the time this is not compasion IM in constant pain 24/7 . I hate you maine Not even a joint she also says that Maine You will have to use up your meds before you leave or else it will be a felonie. in the rules coming up she just gave all Rhode Islander the middle finger. You cant go to MaINE AND GET MEDS ITS STILL NOT IN EFFECT. AS OF NOVEMBER 16, 2012, i HUNG UP ON HER. THE OWNER WAS FEELING GAVE ME 50.00 FOR GAS. THAT WAS NICE SHE SAYS COME AGAIN AND i SAID NO NEVER AGAIN THANKS, WENT TO THE BUFFETT CHINESE AND IT WAS SHITTY. DROVE 4.5 HRS HOME IN CONSTANT PAIN. Caution to all. There is no 5th state that being Maine is one.

My wife and I studied the laws, called up the center was told ok come up Friday. When we got there, pushed the door bell and was let in. I told them my name, He says oh Im so sorry mr. We rechecked the rules and we cant help you. Im so sorry so sorry Mr. Wait she is calling again ,finally got passed the phone and I talked with an oficall of Maine Oh Im so sorry so sorry I got mad and said why the hell are you listed as a 5 th state to ok vacationers, no she said Its not in effect yet I said damit nows the time this is not compasion IM in constant pain 24/7 . I hate you maine Not even a joint she also says that Maine You will have to use up your meds before you leave or else it will be a felonie. in the rules coming up she just gave all Rhode Islander the middle finger. You cant go to MaINE AND GET MEDS ITS STILL NOT IN EFFECT. AS OF NOVEMBER 16, 2012, i HUNG UP ON HER. THE OWNER WAS FEELING GAVE ME 50.00 FOR GAS. THAT WAS NICE SHE SAYS COME AGAIN AND i SAID NO NEVER AGAIN THANKS, WENT TO THE BUFFETT CHINESE AND IT WAS SHITTY. DROVE 4.5 HRS HOME IN CONSTANT PAIN. Caution to all. There is no 5th state that being Maine is one.

You are in pain because you ate at the chinese buffet

You were probably turned away because you only had your out of state certification.
To obtain cannabis in Maine from a caregiver or dispensary you need 2 certifications.
One from your home state doctor on tamper proof paper and one on Maine state tamper proof paper signed by your out of state doctor. That paper is obtained through DHHS in Maine Maine Medical use of Marijuana - DLRS; Maine DHHS
You would also need a valid home state ID with matching address on the certification. Do not bring a passport it is not a valid form of ID at a dispensary as it is a federal document.
Know the laws before you drive. The dispensary was correct in turning you away for their protection. It is still a federal offense to move cannabis across boarders and the dispensary could be held libel for your ignorance of the law. NO ONE is going to risk getting busted for you. You cannot transport marijuana across federally recognized state boarders or mail it or use it in a car.

No one is going to risk their life or lively hood for your lack of accurate knowledge.
You should always contact the regulatory entity that runs the MMJ program in each state before you go kiting off. The laws surrounding MMJ are constantly changing and the provider may not be aware of them yet.
I have worked for 3 years in the cannabis industry as an educator & office manager and I am expected to keep up with the laws which is at best difficult and at worst maddening.
Resources for information by state: Marijuana Policy Project | We Change Laws there you can find out who is running each state program and contact them directly. Had you contacted my office Home i could have told you this in 5 minutes and given you a name to call and gotten you a list of caregivers where you would find better pricing than a dispensary any way! I also could have told you about 25 better choices of a restaurant too.

Back
Top Bottom