How to find an MD who supports MMJ use in Maryland

MissV211

We recently were found to be growing very small amounts for my husband's personal use and the landlord threatened to call the cops. My husband has ADD and suffers from migraines. He's apprehensive about taking Rx meds and MMJ is the best solution for him. We desperately need to find a doctor in Maryland (preferably Germantown/Rockville) who he can speak with about writing him a letter/certificate. The law says under 1 oz., which it was. Please Help if you have any advice!!

MissV

Re: How to find an MD who supports MMJ use, in Maryland.

If you ever found a doc, please let me know! I need to find one also. :helpsmilie:

Why not call your regular doctor; he/she would know, assuming it's legal there, if so, have you googled MJ-Med doctors in your area? :Namaste:

:bitingnails:I'm too scared to ask them!

Why? If it's legal in your state they can't do anything negative to you and they should supply the answer if they're really wanting to help you. Well that's my take on it. You could google maryland mj dispensarys or what ever comes up with mayland mj info and comb through that for a 800 # without giving an personal info out. :nomo:

I don't believe it's legal in MD. I think (at least from what I've been finding) that if you can prove that you are using it for medicinal purposes...and you have a doctor's written recommendation, you can get by with only paying a fine. But that is not always for certain. With my luck...I would get thrown in jail for a long time! AND have to pay a huge fine. LOL! But I'm not totally sure on what the law is in MD. I do know that TX is completely against it...and that's where I'll be moving to in Aug. That does not make me a happy camper. :straightface:

I'm just afraid that if I talk with them about it (they are Johns Hopkins docs) that they'll start to not take me seriously anymore. Although that would be ridiculous since I have never failed a urine test...and I have never asked for more or stronger pain meds. I just deal with it as best I can. And I've been seeing these particular docs for over 3 years now.

I'm a chicken! :bitingnails:

Hey, MissV211 and Kim S, I'm kind of in a similar situation. I'm originally from Rockville, but I moved to Canada for a few years and now I'm back in Rockville but I can't find a doctor, or really don't know how, to write me a recommendation or whatever it's called for my anxiety and migraines. Any help is appreciated.

You have every right to be afraid here. With these ridiculous contracts for pain meds I am sure you would get blacklisted fast. They have been proven to do so with some coded info that they can share from what I have read on some other sites. We have got to really work hard and get the laws fixed and not with some slow go approach. All the things they say that need to be tested and worked on have already been accomplished by other states. I mean come on, if DC will allow it what is Maryland's problem?

it is illegal for Docs to prescribe illegal meds, they are trapped like we are just in a different way.

Although Maryland revamped and signed a new MMJ law this year the program has yet to lift off. As of the other day the clowns in Annapolis are talking about charging crazy amounts of money to register as a grower and/or dispensary. ($180,000 and $40,000 per year respectively) I also read the list of "approved" medical conditions and unfortunately for the original poster, ADD is not even close to being on that list of life-threatening conditions.
Maryland does have a law on the books for medical use as a legal defense though. So finding a Doctor would be pertinent from that aspect. Doctors have taken an oath of Doctor patient confidentiality so have a discussion with them about how seriously they take their oath and THEN bring up MMJ.

Fast_Vast_-_35_Days_Old.JPG
The laws in Maryland suck; that's why I subvert them!

If you live in Maryland the MMJ law is about to go into effect. 2016 will be the start of the MMJ laws. But the growers were given a late start due to figuring out how to process the new growers, their rights and legal grow sites.

It will be illegal to grow for anyone but state licensed growers. The price of the cannabis is going to be expensive that way.
Any doctor can write the letter giving you permission to use MM. You take that to the office that does the registration of new legal smokers. You may be able to register w/o going to Baltimore. Don't know.

I have a copy of the MMJ laws that passed if you'd like a copy.
Just send me you email and I'll scan them and email them to you.

I asked my PM Dr of 14 years with no dirty or negative tests. I see Dr Earley at JHH/Bayview for my Advanced RLS. Anywho. When I asked my pm doc she wasn't happy. I'm talking red faced. Absolutely NOT AND DON'T EVER BRING IT UP AGAIN. I got to my car and cried. This being dependent on opiates is not a life, it's terrible for my body, etc. I just want out of this vicious circle yet get relief man. What I've read stated Maryland won't be ready until sometime 2017. But I think Hogan may be great for us regarding 420... I hope so...<3 love you all!

There is only one doctor now in Annapolis that I heard of, but they can review your history and recommend a card, not prescribe MMJ

I think there's finally a clinic in Frederick that will handle MM.

I've asked numerous docs, most say they've checked into it, but won't be doing it.

What irks me is that health plans will not cover it, so it's all out of pocket costs. And many of us are on fixed incomes. I am, plus being a participant in a federal health plan prevents any help at all.

So what will I do? I've planted two plants in my garden. Figure that will save me money if they produce. And with only two plants, if I get caught, hopefully it will be a slap on my wrist.

Note: I live in rural area, have stockade fence, and few hundred from neighbor. My plant are in the center of my garden, well camouflaged. My only worry is the smell that's going to come off them when they reach flowering stage.

Also, I want their help to get off of opioids, which I've been using for 16 years.

I think there's finally a clinic in Frederick that will handle MM.

I've asked numerous docs, most say they've checked into it, but won't be doing it.

What irks me is that health plans will not cover it, so it's all out of pocket costs. And many of us are on fixed incomes. I am, plus being a participant in a federal health plan prevents any help at all.

So what will I do? I've planted two plants in my garden. Figure that will save me money if they produce. And with only two plants, if I get caught, hopefully it will be a slap on my wrist.

Note: I live in rural area, have stockade fence, and few hundred from neighbor. My plant are in the center of my garden, well camouflaged. My only worry is the smell that's going to come off them when they reach flowering stage.

Also, I want their help to get off of opioids, which I've been using for 16 years.

There's no such thing as a slap on the wrist. Two plants can get you 5 years. It's actually the federal mandate in MD. You'd have to prove a significant disability to get out of a serious sentence. There are still judges that will throw away the key.

There's no such thing as a slap on the wrist. Two plants can get you 5 years. It's actually the federal mandate in MD. You'd have to prove a significant disability to get out of a serious sentence. There are still judges that will throw away the key.

Hi. Newbie here, but I wanted to add a couple things.

Realistically, there are a number of factors that influence sentencing in any court case. Things like prior convictions (if any), the circumstances of the case itself, etc.

If there were two plants and it was clear that they were being grown for person consumption, with no other evidence of sales or distribution, etc., and a verifiable medical issue that is treatable with cannabis (whether or not MD agrees that it falls into that category) then there's a good chance that the case ends with a much less severe sentence than five years. Not saying it will, but there's no guarantee that getting busted equals an automatic 5 years.

Not saying I'm an expert, but I know at least one MD resident who was busted with many more than two plants and got off with less than a year jailtime and a TON of probation/community service with the help of a good lawyer and an otherwise clean record. In the end, it all comes down to how much personal risk you're willing to undertake. Five years in the pokey is a possibility, sure. But I don't think it's a given at all.

Back
Top Bottom