Mass MMJ Patient Seeking Help

akkush47

I am a new massachusetts mmj patient i have been trying to get a hold of the rhode island dispensariesand they never call u back or pick up the phone how they dont answer my dr told me i had that option nd its more of hassle than anything anybody out there kno how i can get my meds legally with out hassle thanx .akkush47

I'm not sure if the RI dispensary can actually help you since you're an out of state patient. From reading the MA law, there are no dispensaries set up in your state yet, so you either have an option of growing yourself or finding a caregiver you can trust will provide you with good quality meds when you need them. Or you can take a risk and purchase meds through someone you know or take a chance by getting it off of craigslist if you don't know anyone yet.

RI's reciprocity means that if you are an out-of-state MMJ cardholder, then you can safely possess medicine (under the legal limit) but you cannot purchase it through the dispensary. At least that is how I understand the law the last time I read it.

If you received information from your doctor saying that you can purchase meds in RI, I don't think that information is correct. But you can try calling the Slater Center to be sure. They just opened on 4/19, so if you were trying to reach them before then, they may not have had actual hours Monday through Friday. They are also closed on Mondays.

It may seem like an inconvenience, but chances are Massachusetts will not take as long to set up their dispensaries as soon as the regulations are approved. It took RI 4 years to get one center up and running, and that one center has to service too many cities/patients, IMO.

Yes, you can travel between/to Mass and RI, but you cannot purchase meds from the dispensary in RI. The OP identified as Mass MJ patient but seemed to be trying to reach the RI dispensary, and I wasn't sure why. I'm pretty sure they cannot service Mass cardholders.

Why May 1st? Thought recreational law went into effect April 1st. Is there a waiting period in Mass before your card/application becomes effective/approved after it is signed by physician?

all there is right now is the you can,, theres no rules are anything like that in effect yet,, may first is 120 days from jan first is may 1 i guess thats why,, i dont this is what he told me... so guess i could still be in trouble i just have a script,,, i kinda think he dont know too too much about it yet.

I heard you will not have to get your state issued lic. until jan 1st 2014. and that it cost 50.00. all I have is the dr's certified letter w/ my photo on it. does that mean I can grow since theres there's no dispensaries? just got nirvana's snow white, white rhino, and jock horror but they wont be ready for another 70 days. that's great. how convenient for patients.:peace:

I am a new massachusetts mmj patient i have been trying to get a hold of the rhode island dispensariesand they never call u back or pick up the phone how they dont answer my dr told me i had that option nd its more of hassle than anything anybody out there kno how i can get my meds legally with out hassle thanx .akkush47

As of right now since there are no dispensaries open, ANYONE with a Dr's written recommendation for the use of medical marijuana for a diagonsed reason will fall under the 'hardship' clause that is in the law. This means you are allowed to grow your own medicine until dispensaries open in your area that is available to you. Up to 10oz of flowers for a 60 day supply.

I am currently looking at accepting patients as under the hardship clause I am able to be a caretaker if the person doesn't feel like growing. I currently help out one individual and depending on your area and verification, I might be able to help.

As of right now since there are no dispensaries open, ANYONE with a Dr's written recommendation for the use of medical marijuana for a diagonsed reason will fall under the 'hardship' clause that is in the law. This means you are allowed to grow your own medicine until dispensaries open in your area that is available to you. Up to 10oz of flowers for a 60 day supply.

I am currently looking at accepting patients as under the hardship clause I am able to be a caretaker if the person doesn't feel like growing. I currently help out one individual and depending on your area and verification, I might be able to help.

Massachusetts isn't allowing collective style growing, sadly. 1 patient=1 caretaker. The idea is to stomp out a way to sell the extra commercially. This also comes with the restriction of 4 plants, with no more than 10 ounces/ a 60 day supply.

:thumb:where are the dispensaries going to be? have they decided where and what towns?
I just looked at mass.gov./ marijuana program. dept. of health web page.
there is no information on march.or when a dispensary will open. or when you actually have to be licensed by the state. dr's recommendation is still all you need to grow.
a registration web page must be set up before you can get licensed.
im also going to try to get a hardship.
does this mean I have to quit growing for myself?

that WWLP clip and story is dated oct 2013. the state is still not even close to opening a dispensary or start to license people. I think around june. that's what my dr says.

If they wind up with dispensaries any time in 2014, I'll be amazed. First, the awarding process was totally corrupt. Mr. Delahunt (former state prosecutor) lobbied to get 3 of his buddies some licenses. Now, the towns that were awarded are saying their support for the dispensaries was over exaggerated, and they don't want them. Too funny.

I'm just going to keep growing. Its legal with my card, as long as I keep it under the 10 oz 60 day supply. Who knows if the circus will ever yield any dispensaries.

If they wind up with dispensaries any time in 2014, I'll be amazed. First, the awarding process was totally corrupt. Mr. Delahunt (former state prosecutor) lobbied to get 3 of his buddies some licenses. Now, the towns that were awarded are saying their support for the dispensaries was over exaggerated, and they don't want them. Too funny.

I'm just going to keep growing. Its legal with my card, as long as I keep it under the 10 oz 60 day supply. Who knows if the circus will ever yield any dispensaries.

can you even get your card from the state yet? or are we still waiting? i got my dr's recommendation still.
it was legal last time i checked. (to grow).
unfortunately it is a circus. give them 1 more year. ha ha

I've been very sceptical to get my card because of the huge Greg area that surrounds it.
When I know the rules for sure I'll take the plunge. Right now I use it for pain and I have a friend that has cancer and my oil is the only thing that helps him eat and sleep during his chemo

I'm a card-carrying MMJ patient in MA and fortunate enough to be able to supply myself. From what my doctor told me back in November of 2014 they are supposed to have at least one dispensary up and running in the first quarter of 2015.

I have my doubts about the timing, but they will eventually get it done.

In the meantime if you visit the MA MMJ portal, you can sign up to find a caregiver who can and will grow for you.

I'm not sure if you're the person who sent me a PM recently, but I was unable to reply to you because I don't have 50 posts yet. If you are looking for a doctor in MA to certify you check out CannaCare on Park St. in Stoughton, MA. I got qualified there with an official doctor's recommendation and signed up with the state and I now have my MA State Medical MJ card.

THere are no dispensaries just yet, but if you get your card you're allowed to have up to 10 ounces and 12 plants at any given time.

Back
Top Bottom