Mass patient looking for Cannabis card but have limited medical records

listen2marley

Hi everyone. I am new to the site and this is my first post. Im looking to get a medical card because i have a bad back from being hit by a car while crossing a street about 5 years ago and also have terrible insomnia/anxiety. I have some records from being hit by the car but it didnt do any damage that shows up on X-rays or MRI. I have no history for the insomnia/anxiety because i know all they would do is feed me pills which i did not want. Does anyone know a doctor who would help me? Im also worried that they will think im too young since im only 23. It really is the only thing that helps me but I havnt been able to for a few years ever aince I moved. If anyone has any suggestions Id greatly appreciate it.

I see that this post is almost a year old. Hopefully you've gotten everything taken care of. If you're still having trouble finding a physician to write you a prescription, there is a place in Framingham that specializes in MM prescriptions. Look it up.

will do thank you. they will be ok with limited medical records? I used to live in worcester but now am in springfield and dont even know if its worth it yet since everything iv read shows that all dispensaries that will be opening are going to be about an hour from me. where abouts are you? your the first bostonian i have come across on here.

Oh wow, I didn't expect a response to this old post at all, let alone within a few hours! I live just south of Boston. I've heard from several people that there is a place in Framingham that does nothing but write medical marijuana prescriptions. I can't think of the name of it but I'm sure you can find it online. I don't know how "limited' you medical records are, but I've heard that all you need is your basic info and a legitimate reason to get a Rx. I'm pretty sure that anxiety/insomnia are both legitimate reasons.

Now, I'm not advocating that you break the law, but for me, I don't get my MM Rx because the penalty for possession of less than one ounce here in mass is only a $100 fine. To me I'd rather take my chances then go through the trouble of getting a prescription. It's funny you say anxiety/insomnia, because that is EXACTLY what I use it for.

I haven't heard anything about being able to get an RX.
The law has been in place since 2012 but no dispensaries have opened up yet. Still in permitting phase.
If you have a medical card you can grow your own up to 10 oz every 60 days until the dispensaries open. Then everything is going to change again. Once they open nobody can grow unless they can show some sort of a hardship.
Here in MA, Beacon Hill makes the laws up as it goes.
They just shut down care givers to only having 1 patient and really screwed people from getting their meds. They should have let the care givers do their thing until patients can get their meds.

The text of the law anyways limited one caregiver to one patient. The intent was that registered caregivers were the main caregivers in all medical aspects of patients incapable of managing their own medical care, cannabis and otherwise.

The law permits possession of a 60 day supply, interpreted as 10 ounces. When growing this means "useable"10 oz.
The interpretation is growing plants don't count. Drying stalks and presumably frozen shake don't count either.

Per the law, once dispensaries open, a hardship request to grow has to have been approved and be on file to grow.

Back
Top Bottom