Prospective Caregiver looking for some info

wwwillie

Hello!
I am interested in perhaps finding someone that would be interested in a caregiver. I am almost finished my 1st grow and find that I am fascinated by the medicinal benefits and all aspects of growing and producing this.
Is there a place to go to find a partner? I am very serious and would look to form a strong relationship.
I am leery of this of course, don't think trolling Craigslist, etc. would be a good idea!

Let me know how this goes, I am also a legal grower in MA and have been thinking about becoming a caregiver. I'm on my 5th grow and still learning a lot. The main reason I haven't been pursuing this is because I'm not sure I can produce an extra 10 ounces every 2 months. Also because I have NO idea where to look for people.

Let me know how this goes, I am also a legal grower in MA and have been thinking about becoming a caregiver. I'm on my 5th grow and still learning a lot. The main reason I haven't been pursuing this is because I'm not sure I can produce an extra 10 ounces every 2 months. Also because I have NO idea where to look for people.

Hey!
It's going OK. I have connected with a friend of a friend type of thing. PTSD, insomnia, and pain were his diagnosis. The only issue is he has no funds, I was hoping for a small bit of assistance financially, but what the heck, it's helping out a fellow being in pain. I would not worry about the 10 oz./60 day thing. My person uses about an ounce a month. I would try to hook up with someone with moderate needs. Right now we are exploring what works best for their symptoms. My stash is not very deep ATM with only 5 varieties on hand. We both agree though that the Bubba Kush, that I grew overlong just for this effect, makes the best sleepy time med. And some that work for my pain don't work as well with theirs, so we are doing more research.
Peace

Oh and PM with any questions or anything really!

There are 2 forms to fill out. The patient fills one out, and you fill the other out, then send it to the state.. I have a copy of each. I can upload them if you need!

There are 2 forms to fill out. The patient fills one out, and you fill the other out, then send it to the state.. I have a copy of each. I can upload them if you need!

What date do yours have? Mine say 2013 on them...

Another member just pointed me Here. He didn't know anything about them and neither do I but it sounds like a matchmaking services for patients and caregivers. If anyone knows anything good or bad about it, please share.

Hey!
Here's what I know. A prospective "patient" will request you for a caregiver. They will initiate a pin number for you. You then will receive an email from the state with instructions. You sign up and you're a caregiver. I am not sure yet on the fees and all. I hope to know soon.\
I am a registered patient and am having a problem getting them to recognize me as a caregiver. I am working on getting this resolved now.

wwwillie - Did you finally get certified as a caregiver? It seems to me that since you are already a certified patient it should be easy to make you a certified caregiver, too. I ask because I am a registered MM patient, too, and I know people who could benefit from having a certified caregiver. I had been under the impression that I couldn't do both but I have no idea where that idea came from. Do you have updated info?

Hey!
Found your message in my inbox. Sorry for the lack of update. Yes I did get the caregiver certification and card from the state. My problem seemed to have come from trying to register as a caregiver from my patient portal. In MA, you need to use the "Portal" to access your MMJ patient info. To be a Caregiver you need to open a separate "Portal" account and use that account to apply for caregiver. Once I had the second account it was easy to do.
I am pleased to say I grow for myself and a person in need now and I do it legally!!

Do you have a address or web site so everyone can get the forms. My brother and myself both have medical cards and I know a lot of medical people who need help.

You can find people with medical cards at a primary care doctors office. Start up a conversation about smoke. Wear a tee shirt with smoke on it. Make sure no kids are around. How many people do you need or want to help? You need a lot of different smoke to support a couple friends I would think. I hope to do better myself. But I get about 1 oz a plant. I just want a caregivers card so I can grow enough for my brother,myself or to help a friend in need. My brother and myself both have medical cards. So that alone lets me grow enough for us and a couple friends with cards. Who can afford $100.00 a quarter for what's left on the shelf. I want to know how the low income people sign up for free or discounted Smoke? Were still waiting for a place to open up. More rules and regulations to come in the future I would think.

So cavanaugh, are you going to still be allowed to grow once a dispensary is open in your county? I was under the impression that if someone had a MA MM card this past summer, and that there was no dispensary in that person's county, that you would have been allowed (because of that hardship) to grow plants this past summer but only until a local dispensary opened up. Any idea what the restrictions, regulations and various other hoops might be necessary to jump through in the future to be allowed to grow one's own medicine?

So cavanaugh, are you going to still be allowed to grow once a dispensary is open in your county? I was under the impression that if someone had a MA MM card this past summer, and that there was no dispensary in that person's county, that you would have been allowed (because of that hardship) to grow plants this past summer but only until a local dispensary opened up. Any idea what the restrictions, regulations and various other hoops might be necessary to jump through in the future to be allowed to grow one's own medicine?
Nothing yet for dispensary's , but their are delivery's out their. Were suppose to get free meds here at some point also. We see how messed up things are. Save the planet. Better start now! Ya right. I'm still driving and wasting fuel etc to see my doctor and we don't have a dispensary yet. The government better start getting things together and fast b-4 it's to late.

Back
Top Bottom