Cape Cod doctors are still refusing MMJ

Qanzilla

Many Cape docs just saying no to medical marijuana | CapeCodOnline.com

Even though the people of MA voted overwhelmingly to legalize medicinal cannabis, you CAN'T get approved from any doctors on Cape Cod...

"We've never really found a need to prescribe medical marijuana," said Karen Gardner, chief executive officer of the Community Health Center of Cape Cod, which has 14,500 patients.

They are much happier prescribing dangerously addictive sleeping aids, anxiety pills, and their beloved Oxy's.

CapeCodTimes.com - Pills That Kill

This quote from the above article sums it up nicely:
"Cape Cod is dealing with an epidemic of prescription drug abuse. As the pill supply dwindles, addicts are turning to heroin."

You know what? These people are monsters. They are stuffing their pockets with cash, earned by turning the doctors who work for them into legal pill dealers. The patients come back every month for their fix, slowly turning into full blown addicts, many of whom resort to using heroin when their pills run out.

Look, I'm not saying medicinal cannabis is the answer. The system is so broken that it will probably never change. It's just a revealing look at how these animals think. If it might cost them money, they won't even consider it.

Even if it's what the community wants (and voted for). Even if it's good for the community. Ecen if it means less locals will turn into addicts. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

Sorry if I come across as short tempered. I've just seen so many wrong things in this area. People are still going to jail for cannabis, meanwhile they would be in legal possession if only their doctors were allowed to give them their voted-for right to self medicate.

:peace::green_heart::peace:

I went through Canna Care, the doctors I've met are not ready to prescribe meds that heal. I was on 8 scrips for COPD until I started taking cannabis oil, now I am taking one prescription and my daily dose of oil.
They get kick backs from pharmaceutical companies and you are right, they are getting richer from dealing dangerous drugs and have no incentive to heal people.

It's time we take over.

I went through Canna Care, the doctors I've met are not ready to prescribe meds that heal. I was on 8 scrips for COPD until I started taking cannabis oil, now I am taking one prescription and my daily dose of oil.
They get kick backs from pharmaceutical companies and you are right, they are getting richer from dealing dangerous drugs and have no incentive to heal people.

It's time we take over.

Quanzilla - It is now a little over a year since you started this thread. Have you seen any change of attitude over the past year? I hope so.

This is what I heard. I thought a high up government man got a permit to grown on his site. But I guess the permit was for hydro and he wanted soil. Soil takes up more space I'm guessing and permit needed more room. I don't really know!!! Cross your tee's and dot your I's! I was told this by a grow store owner. Also the cape is a island with two bridges to get here. Their jammed in summer , can't move on the roads. I feel theirs not enough money here year round for someone to invest in right away. One thing I know is. I have my card, I'm on S.S.I. and drive 100 miles each way to see a doctor. It's been 3 years in a row now. My health hasn't changed in the last year or so or does this stuff really cure what ales you. I'm not cured yet from health problems. But by chance I am cured. I'll keep on smoking so it doesn't come back. With government messes like this. Yet, you wonder why I smoke! STRESS! GOVERMENT IS A HAZZARD TO YOUR HEALTH.

These doctors are afraid of losing their government funds. I though our medical was private. Then who is to really know what we take or don't take? I guess Marijuana is the only problem drug in the doctors tool box. People use this drug to get off harder drugs. Harder drugs come from our doctors first. We voted on this. It passed. Yet who is really in charge. WE THE PEOPLE or the Government who can't even protect the president? Doing the will of the people is lost somewhere in government. Better start getting it together for our kids. All this just seems funny to me. We need to get our rights back.

Sounds like you are going through a bit of struggle, Cavanaugh. I know that there is supposed to be a dispensary in every Massachusetts county and that includes Cape Cod - even though there is a low "off-season" population. Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard are each going to have their own dispensary (or dispensaries) despite their low populations. Even little old Franklin County in Massachusetts has a population of 60,000 spread out over 25 towns is getting and it is getting a dispensary by the end of 2015 or the beginning of 2016. Your turn will come. Out in the western part of the state, currently NETA has the one and only dispensary and they are doing tremendous business. They have spent millions on their operation but that doesn't mean that someone else will have to spend millions to set up a dispensary on the Cape. Granted, no one has to try to keep up with New England Treatment Access (NETA) but now that the application process with the state has been eased you will probably see multiple dispensaries in the Cape within a year of two. I'll keep monitoring this situation, too, and I will post here is I learn anything new.

Hello, came across a post here that you use oil for copd. I also have it and I have told my Doctor that I have always felt better after I smoked. She is adamant about not giving me the green lite to bye products. What/how do you use the oil?

Hello, came across a post here that you use oil for copd. I also have it and I have told my Doctor that I have always felt better after I smoked. She is adamant about not giving me the green lite to bye products. What/how do you use the oil?

Here's some news: Your doctor is an idiot. Get a new doctor! If you tell your doctor that you feel better after you smoke some Cannabis, then how is it helping your wellness and making you feel better to follow her advice and not smoke Cannabis? Isn't it her job to make you feel better? She is so caught up in her Reefer Madness way of thinking that she can't accept the REALITY that this stuff makes you feel better. And, want to know something else? You may get even better medicinal effects from your Cannabis if you eat it instead of smoking it. Who knows? Certainly your doctor doesn't know. She'd rather see you suffer or maybe get put on some powerful , possible addictive, commercial pharmaceutical product. Go find a Cannabis friendly doctor. Everyone should be able to speak freely with their doctor and not feel that they are being judged negatively or unfairly. There are lots of good, Cannabis friendly docs our there. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom