House Bill 2065 - 10 Patients per Caregiver

JiggyJack

Just came across this...

House Bill 2065

I guess it has been in the works for a while. There will be a hearing on it on July 14, 2015 at 1 p.m.

If this passes it will make finding a caregiver that much easier. Go to the hearing and share your opinions.

Highlights include:
10 patients per caregiver.
Reciprocity for out of state patients.
Protection from state prosecution and penalties.

That makes a lot of sense. Some people might have a hard time finding a caregiver if the state sticks with its one-to-one policy. I know a 75 year old gentleman who is interested in trying MM to help him sleep through the night but he is reluctant because of the normal hangups 75 year-olds have about weed. Although he is willing to go through the process of obtaining a MM card because it is a private process, he is reluctant to actually go into a dispensary because it is so public. "What if somebody sees me going in there?" I know it shouldn't be a big deal but to him it is. He could use a caregiver to take care of this problem for him. But he doesn't know where to seek caregiver help. All his contemporaries have the same hangups as him!

JiggyJack, do you know how this bill fared in the legislature? It is not uncommon for them to die in committee... The "gateway drug" mentality and all that nonsense.

The last update on the MA site is referred to committee in July. I don't know if anything happened or what it's chances of moving forward are. I'm just counting the days until more dispensaries are open and approved to sell a full range of products. I'm getting tired of the drive to Maine.

Hey JiggyJack you said something that sparked a question. You talked about being tired of driving up to Maine for your medicine. Does Maine honor Massachusetts Medical Marijuana cards? I knew that there as been talk of various states honoring each others MM cards but I didn't think that had gone through anywhere yet. I know Nevada has been close to honoring other states MM cards but I don't know if they are there yet. It would surely help the Las Vegas tourism industry if they started honoring all those tourists MM cards. It would be an additional reason to go to the no-tell city.

Maine honors MA patients but requires that your MA doctor certify you in Maine. Just go back to your recommending doctor and for an extra $50 s/he can give you the special paper form you need to purchase from a Maine dispensary. You just have to bring your drivers license, Mass med card and the Maine cert (on non-reproducible paper) every time you go.

You have to specify a single dispensary as yours and can only go to that one. I've used Maine Wellness in Portland which has been good but am thinking of switching to Canuvo which is about 30 minutes closer to Boston. For first-timers you need to make an intake appointment but after that it is walk-in.

As far as know Nevada does recognize out of state patients (Vegas Baby!) but I don't know if they have access to the MA database to confirm eligibility yet.

Back
Top Bottom