The Dispensary in Northampton

BigHeadTodd

The New England Treatment Access, Inc. dispensary is amazing. I went in on August 22nd to pre-register and just to get an inside look at the place. Here's my report:

I was online researching what I could find out about dispensaries opening up in western Massachusetts. Looks like the place in Greenfield won't be open until November and maybe even a little later... They have their town permissions and permits in place but they don't appear to have started the necessary building renovations. (Then I heard that there might be only a couple of different varieties there, plus they are going to let only one customer in at a time! When we go in together one of us will have to wait in the hall. Unacceptable. That is just a local rumor so I have no idea if it is true or not. I hope it is not.) This all led me to learn about New England Treatment Access of Franklin, MA. These are the folks opening up the dispensary on Conz Street in Northampton. I went to their web site and there was an announcement that they were preregistering patients at the dispensary on Thursdays & Fridays noon to 7PM, and Saturdays from 10 to 3:00. It was already 1:45 or so on a Saturday when I saw that notice so I jumped into my car and flew down to Northampton. I repeat — Amazing!

The building is a quarter of a mile from Exit 18 off Route 91. Easy access. Very nice modern building with lots and lots of shaded parking spaces. You need to buzz security and flash your MM card to a camera before they let you into the first chamber. Then the security guy checks your card and your driver's license, enters data into a computer and then buzzes you through to the next room where a hostess/helper greets you (Amy). It is a very large room that has been completely remodeled and modernized. They spent a lot of money making this place fancy and beautiful and it shows. Everything inside is brand new. There are private consulting areas, reading areas, and what looks to be about four or maybe even six budtender stations well-spaced along a long, bending counter separating clients from staff. Lots of well-lit glass display cases behind the budtenders (empty for now), high sweeping ceilings over an open, airy large room. It is really quite impressive. They told me that they were looking to open in the middle of September. That is soon! They told me that they plan on offering 15 different varieties of flowers. They will also be selling edibles (Marijuana Infused Products called MIPS),tinctures, topicals, CBD, and vaporizer products. They claim their prices will be reasonable and competitive. We'll be the judge of that when we find out for sure what the prices are after they open.

I just got an email from them yesterday saying that they are working around the clock to get the dispensary open, and even though they had been planning on opening their doors in mid-September, it now looks like it will be "the end of September". They are asking their patients to have patience. They are also advertising in the local newspaper and online to hire 25 more people for the Northampton dispensary - sounded like mostly budtenders and security. I wonder if you have to fail a drug test to get hired? (joke)

Their web site is pretty nice and you can see things like their slick Patient's Handbook and a few pictures of the two dispensaries that they are opening. You can check it out at this address:

New England Treatment Access (NETA) Brookline and Northampton MA

So there is the latest report from the local front line. I hope you found it informative.

Nice review Todd. I checked out their website and looks to be a great place to visit. Sure beats the hell out of your local old school Pharmacy.

Recent update: I just got another email from NETA about their Grand Opening. Here is what they said -

WE ARE PLANNING ON OPENING IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.

I always figured that a few meant three or more, so I am guessing that they are looking at early October now. Soon come, mon... Soon come.

I agree, NETA is beautiful. I just hope they get a waiver for MIPS as well as flowers for opening day. Seems the state likes to give those out in stages like they did for ATG :)rip:) in Salem and IGH :)cool:) in Brockton.

Back
Top Bottom