Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massachusetts Dispensary Pricing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Massachusetts Dispensary Pricing

Hi, have any of you tried the oil for the vape? I'm told it works better than smoking pot directly. Sorry, I am new to all of this. I am a cancer patient and still learning the ropes.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Whatsupe,

I have not personally tried the vape oil that can be made. All I know is that I used to vape and then I found out about the health risks that come with it. The vape oil is made with a combination of vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol. Forgive me if I misspelled that. If you are a cancer patient, and I'm no doctor so don't take this as medical advice, I would maybe stay away from the vape stuff... but then again I'm not sure any of the negative stuff is just speculation or fact just that it was enough for me to stop smoking it personally. If you want to not smoke flower you can try edibles, or wax even. The wax will work very well and take very little as it is very potent. There are pens electronic pens available to smoke the wax that makes it easily portable. Hope my two cents helps.

Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just read this crap and I can not afford to be sick in Mass.
    Regards,

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/g...l-stories.html

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/j...tructions.html

https://www.420magazine.com/forums/j...grow-plan.html

movie1212

The oldest living member of HG420. "Grampa were you on Noah's Ark" ?
    Then why didn't you drown?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsupe1 View Post
    Hi, have any of you tried the oil for the vape? I'm told it works better than smoking pot directly. Sorry, I am new to all of this. I am a cancer patient and still learning the ropes.
    I've purchased the CO2 Oil from IGH in Brockton which I've used in a Firefly with the concentrates pad and in a Linx Hypnos Zero pen. It is not cut with PG/PEG so it is more pure and tastes great. Also very effective medically speaking and cost-wise too.

I got what I consider to be 66 doses out of just 2 ml of the 5 ml in the syringe. Even if I threw out the last 3 ml my cost per dose is only $0.68. If things continue to track the same it is probably cheaper for me to by the oil syringe than flower and other than the slight pain in loading the pen, once it's loaded it works for a couple of weeks before I have to reload.

As far as the pre-loaded vape cartridges, I'm not a big fan of those unless they are un-cut with PG/PEG. The chemical after-taste is disgusting to me and they leave me feeling a little ill. I was getting the cartridges from Maine Wellness in Portland, ME which are un-cut and super convenient but since my Maine reg lapsed and the local dispensaries finally started having some variety I haven't renewed that.

Lately I mostly alternate between the crumble from IGH (rarely available) and the shatter from NETA (seems pretty consistent these days) or pressing my own rosin from bud.

I think I really do like the concentrates better because even though when I vape flower I only take a few hits off a very small amount there is nothing like one 10 second draw from the Hypnos and done.
    BigHeadTodd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freezy View Post
    I have not personally tried the vape oil that can be made. All I know is that I used to vape and then I found out about the health risks that come with it. The vape oil is made with a combination of vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol. Forgive me if I misspelled that. If you are a cancer patient, and I'm no doctor so don't take this as medical advice, I would maybe stay away from the vape stuff... but then again I'm not sure any of the negative stuff is just speculation or fact just that it was enough for me to stop smoking it personally. If you want to not smoke flower you can try edibles, or wax even. The wax will work very well and take very little as it is very potent. There are pens electronic pens available to smoke the wax that makes it easily portable. Hope my two cents helps.
    So I came across this website that goes into vaping. One thing about concentrates, wax, oil they all talk about how it is made. Either with C02 or with alcohol. I'm new to this also. But from what I have been reading it is best if your going to do any kind of concentrates to do them with a alcohol base method. I know this isn't the greatest explanation but it's pretty good: Weed Vaporizers - Benefits and Types of Vaporizers and I'm sure others will have there own opinion. Just what I've been reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Massachusetts Dispensary Pricing

I just received my card and I am confused about the dispensaries in Mass. I would like to post a few questions and hope for the kind sharing of expertise and experience:
    • Pricing - What are the prices for mmj?
    • Dispensaries won't tell you pricing.
    • Are ALL dispensaries a crazy $350 per oz? Any variances
    • How does one shop?

Cost seems ultra high for mmj in Massachusetts. Finances are an issur.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Masterblaster View Post
    So I came across this website that goes into vaping. One thing about concentrates, wax, oil they all talk about how it is made. Either with C02 or with alcohol. I'm new to this also. But from what I have been reading it is best if your going to do any kind of concentrates to do them with a alcohol base method. I know this isn't the greatest explanation but it's pretty good: Weed Vaporizers - Benefits and Types of Vaporizers and I'm sure others will have there own opinion. Just what I've been reading.
    I'm not a doctor, but someone who used mmj and know lots of others who do where I live in Colorado.
    * I vape exclusively and I never smoked cigarettes(thank G-D). Vaping is great and exceedingly kind to the body.
    * Understand the side effects of every pharmaceutical that one is given.
    * There are edibles, creams, etc. I have seen amazing things with other mmj people able to give up their addictive pain killers, medication for nausea, stomach ailments, etc.
    * MMJ is particularly effective to counter negative side effects of kemo.
    * My opinion, the only danger about vaping is any potential legal issues that might be there in using mmj.

If you want any thoughts about vapes that I use or vape products, let me know. I don't want to appear to be advertising any makes of vaporizers.

Jt

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the dispensary pricing spreadsheet linked in the first post. You can also find it at the Boston Tree Party. in the sidebar.

Call the dispensaries. They will give prices over the phone and some of them include prices in their emails to registered patients.

$350 is about average. Lowest is $325 I think unless you buy in bulk.

Just walk in and buy what you want. All the dispensaries have staff who are very helpful.

If you go to NETA for the first time let me know when so I can join you and get the referral bonus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by movie1212 View Post
    Just read this crap and I can not afford to be sick in Mass.
    The good news is you can grow your own here.
    TorturedSoul liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12