Massachusetts Dispensary Pricing

JiggyJack

I think it is completely ridiculous that dispensaries are not allowed to publish their prices so here is a google doc where we can keep their prices updated so patients can know what to expect going in.

This is a public doc so please add any prices you know to complete the list.

EDIT: I guess I made it public but not editable. Should be fixed now.

JiggyJack - this is AWESOME! I am so glad that you have taken this upon yourself to do this. It is a real service to the Massachusetts Medical Marijuana community. I am curious about one thing - is it really the law that the dispensaries can't advertise their prices or is it just something that the dispensaries do to keep prices up by preventing patients from comparison shopping? Since we are trying to compare prices of medicine, shouldn't we have access to all the prices so we can make an informed decision? Absolutely! Keep up the good work.

I did find the price of the 50mg Dose Bar at my dispensary was incorrect and I made that edit.

And one other thing - I like to plan my visits to my dispensary ahead of time. I want to walk in there with a good plan of what I want to buy. I want to stay within my budget. Knowing the prices of products ahead of time helps greatly in that planning. After all, I have to drive over 25 miles to get to my dispensary so I really need to plan my trips. When I was in my dispensary on Monday, I saw that one of my favorite strains, Domnesia, was on sale for $300 an ounce. I wish I could have somehow known that before I got there so I could have planned better. Should info like this (Specials) be on the Google Doc or would that make it too tricky to keep current?

Thanks again for doing what you have done! You have helped a lot of people by doing this.

Thanks for the great feedback. I'm happy someone else sees the value in this. Hopefully people start to use it and it stays up-to-date.

is it really the law that the dispensaries can't advertise their prices or is it just something that the dispensaries do to keep prices up by preventing patients from comparison shopping?

I'm going based on this document: 105 CMR 725.000: IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ACT FOR THE HUMANITARIAN MEDICAL USE OF MARIJUANA. I don't know if it is actually the law or just the regulations but either way it seems pretty clear to me they are not supposed to advertise.

On page 33 Section 725.105: Paragraph L, Part 5 reads:
"A RMD shall not advertise the price of marijuana, except that it shall provide a catalogue or a printed list of the prices and strains of marijuana available at the RMD to registered qualifying patients and personal caregivers upon request."

But I do think the dispensaries are taking their interpretation of this too far. I've had a couple tell me they wouldn't email prices to me. FYI - NETA's patient portal will let registered patients see their prices if they ever get it up and running.

I did find the price of the 50mg Dose Bar at my dispensary was incorrect and I made that edit.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was hoping people would do.

I saw that one of my favorite strains, Domnesia, was on sale for $300 an ounce. I wish I could have somehow known that before I got there so I could have planned better. Should info like this (Specials) be on the Google Doc or would that make it too tricky to keep current?

I think that is a great idea. I added a separate tab for Specials. I didn't know which dispensary you went to so I left that blank but if you want to go back in and update the dispensary name that would be cool. Let me know if you think that is a good way to share that information as well.

We will see how the Specials thing works out. I imagine that some Specials are one day only or one week only. If that information is available we should certainly include it. I would guess that once there are quite a few dispensaries up and running we will be seeing lots more of these Specials and enticements. I was in a Rec pot shop in Boulder, Colorado last year and found out that they have a Buy-One-Get-One for pre-rolled joints every Saturday. They called it a BOGO. Information like that would be very useful in the Specials section of your doc.

:thanks:

I just checked out the Specials Tab at the bottom of the doc, and it looks great. I will be sure to keep it as current as I can and I am hopeful that others will join in. And yes, the Domnesia special was at the NETA facility in Northampton. I doubt that the special is still running but you never know...

I wonder how soon the other dispensaries will be offering specials. As more and more open, I would think that specials will be more and more common. I am looking forward to lots of people continually updating your excellent spreadsheet.

AND, since this is my 50th post, I hope to have messaging privileges soon. Isn't that how it works here? 50 worthy postings and you get messaging privileges? I hope so. It will be nice to communicate directly and privately with fellow 420magazine members.

I have been to the dispensaries in MA about 2 weeks ago. They had about 8 different strains available at that time but they are constantly changing. They had a few hybrids and then some sativas and indicas. The bud was really good for the most part. I did however find 2 seeds one in a saliva and one in an indica. Obviously I kept the one that didn't get ground up in a grinder ><

The pricing….. Okay this part kinda sucks. The prices were almost all the same- 50 bucks an eighth. They only cut you a "break" on an ounce for $350. ouch….

The bud was very good though, but too much money if you ask me. The one thing that was cool though was that first time patients get a free 50 bucks towards their order… Besides that the store was awesome and the people were very friendly. Hope my 2 cents helps.

The 50 mg Dose Bar is great. I had to consume an entire bar to get near the effect I was looking for but it was good. I may have built up a tolerance to edibles because of all the cannacoconut oil I consume, so if it your first venture into MIPS (Marijuana Infused Products) you should start slow - maybe a 1/5 of the bar - and wait an hour to see how you feel. Then dose up accordingly. Don't over do it. Teach yourself how to do it right and have fun!

I just got back from the NETA dispensary in Northampton. Much to my delight and surprise, the Domnesia special ($300 an ounce) was still running. I asked if it had been running the entire time since November 30th and they said yes. But in addition to the Domnesia "sale" they also were offering Flo OG (C. x hybrid) and the same prices - 1 oz. = $300, 1/8 oz. = $40, 1 Gram = $12. They were also offering a special on Walker Kush (C. indica) - 1/8 oz. = $40, 1 Gram = $12.50 but the most you were allowed to buy was 1/8 ounce. I entered this data on JiggyJack's spreadsheet. And I suggest that you check it out. The more we add data, the better informed consumers we become!

Radogast - I read your post before you edited it, and I agree... Dispensary weed is very expensive. Even when it is on sale it costs way more than weed bought on the street. Much like your family member, I have been going through way more medical marijuana that I thought I would use in order to get a good nights sleep. For my nighttime medicine, I infuse one ounce of bud into fourteen ounces of coconut oil, and that lasts about two to three weeks. Combine that with what I need to take during the day for other issues, and it adds up to quite a lot. I know the dispensary is happy when they see me coming. I guess they are very happy when they see you coming, too. I could easily be wrong but I am hopeful that prices will drop in the future as more and more dispensaries open and competition for the MM patient's dollars becomes more urgent and critical. We'll see.

Radogast - I read your post before you edited it, and I agree... Dispensary weed is very expensive. Even when it is on sale it costs way more than weed bought on the street. Much like your family member, I have been going through way more medical marijuana that I thought I would use in order to get a good nights sleep. For my nighttime medicine, I infuse one ounce of bud into fourteen ounces of coconut oil, and that lasts about two to three weeks. Combine that with what I need to take during the day for other issues, and it adds up to quite a lot. I know the dispensary is happy when they see me coming. I guess they are very happy when they see you coming, too. I could easily be wrong but I am hopeful that prices will drop in the future as more and more dispensaries open and competition for the MM patient's dollars becomes more urgent and critical. We'll see.

My wife won't go near a dispensary. We grow. The latest on the website is that they plan to, at some point in the future, make all patients stop growing or file for a hardship grow. There is no process in place to file for a hardship grow but I get the sense that will happen after they start requiring caregiver cards --- and they are not yet requiring caregiver cards. A hardship can be based upon financial need and/or inability to access a dispensary or find a caregiver. --- So I have no desire to register as a caregiver and she has no desire to visit a dispensary (unlikely anyway. she hasn't left te house except for a doctor's visit in months.) - If she visits a dispensary, they have a record - and no need to take away one of her arguments for a hardship grow.

And to come out of the shadows a little more, at last calculation she was averaging 111g/mo - which is almost exactly 4 oz/mo. She can't afford anything near $1200/mo for Marijuana, so growing is the only workable option I see.

Made my first trip ever to a dispensary this week, the one in Ayer. Not much selection, was hoping for edibles but none at all. They had 4 strains to choose from. The Dakini Kush was outstanding I would like more of that. But who can afford these places as their primary or only source? I need to cultivate my own.

All the specials that NETA Northampton were running have ended with the exception of the $49 off on your first visit, and $49 off (for both of you) if you bring in a new patient. I hope they start some more specials soon!

Hi, have any of you tried the oil for the vape? I'm told it works better than smoking pot directly. Sorry, I am new to all of this. I am a cancer patient and still learning the ropes.

Hey Whatsupe,

I have not personally tried the vape oil that can be made. All I know is that I used to vape and then I found out about the health risks that come with it. The vape oil is made with a combination of vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol. Forgive me if I misspelled that. If you are a cancer patient, and I'm no doctor so don't take this as medical advice, I would maybe stay away from the vape stuff... but then again I'm not sure any of the negative stuff is just speculation or fact just that it was enough for me to stop smoking it personally. If you want to not smoke flower you can try edibles, or wax even. The wax will work very well and take very little as it is very potent. There are pens electronic pens available to smoke the wax that makes it easily portable. Hope my two cents helps.

Peace

Hi, have any of you tried the oil for the vape? I'm told it works better than smoking pot directly. Sorry, I am new to all of this. I am a cancer patient and still learning the ropes.

I've purchased the CO2 Oil from IGH in Brockton which I've used in a Firefly with the concentrates pad and in a Linx Hypnos Zero pen. It is not cut with PG/PEG so it is more pure and tastes great. Also very effective medically speaking and cost-wise too.

I got what I consider to be 66 doses out of just 2 ml of the 5 ml in the syringe. Even if I threw out the last 3 ml my cost per dose is only $0.68. If things continue to track the same it is probably cheaper for me to by the oil syringe than flower and other than the slight pain in loading the pen, once it's loaded it works for a couple of weeks before I have to reload.

As far as the pre-loaded vape cartridges, I'm not a big fan of those unless they are un-cut with PG/PEG. The chemical after-taste is disgusting to me and they leave me feeling a little ill. I was getting the cartridges from Maine Wellness in Portland, ME which are un-cut and super convenient but since my Maine reg lapsed and the local dispensaries finally started having some variety I haven't renewed that.

Lately I mostly alternate between the crumble from IGH (rarely available) and the shatter from NETA (seems pretty consistent these days) or pressing my own rosin from bud.

I think I really do like the concentrates better because even though when I vape flower I only take a few hits off a very small amount there is nothing like one 10 second draw from the Hypnos and done.

I have not personally tried the vape oil that can be made. All I know is that I used to vape and then I found out about the health risks that come with it. The vape oil is made with a combination of vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol. Forgive me if I misspelled that. If you are a cancer patient, and I'm no doctor so don't take this as medical advice, I would maybe stay away from the vape stuff... but then again I'm not sure any of the negative stuff is just speculation or fact just that it was enough for me to stop smoking it personally. If you want to not smoke flower you can try edibles, or wax even. The wax will work very well and take very little as it is very potent. There are pens electronic pens available to smoke the wax that makes it easily portable. Hope my two cents helps.
So I came across this website that goes into vaping. One thing about concentrates, wax, oil they all talk about how it is made. Either with C02 or with alcohol. I'm new to this also. But from what I have been reading it is best if your going to do any kind of concentrates to do them with a alcohol base method. I know this isn't the greatest explanation but it's pretty good: Weed Vaporizers - Benefits and Types of Vaporizers and I'm sure others will have there own opinion. Just what I've been reading.

Back
Top Bottom