NETA Brookline Opens

JiggyJack

Here's the link to make an appointment.
https://www.genbook.com/bookings/slot/reservation/30306663

Here is the menu:
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/c7c5ddd98069dab59e0440210/files/Brookline_2_9_Online_Menu_01.pdf

Their Northampton location looks nicer imo (and parking is better) but all the same familiar product. The staff does not seem as knowledgeable about their products but I'm sure that will come in time.

I think the reservation times are not that critical. They just want to space people out. I ended up an hour early due to a change in another appointment and nobody even mentioned appointment times, just checked me in and opened the door.

One thing I found interesting is they use Butane extraction vs IGH and others that use CO2. That's why they haven't been able to get their concentrates approved by the state yet (bullshit testing standards). But from what I've read it seems like CO2 is better than Butane for health reasons. Anyone know anything definitive about that?

All in all I'm very happy that another dispensary is open. Especially since I think I'll be boycotting Patriot Care over their political consultant working to prevent full legalization come November.

BTW - Even though the address is 160 Washington Street the entrance and the parking lot are off Boylston street. You can park at a meter on Washington if you are coming down that way or there are meters all along Boylston. They have Brookline cops directing traffic at least for now so they'll tell you what to do. It's in that old Brookline Savings Bank building right on the corner of Washington and Boylston.

Also, be aware that if you are heading East on Boylston you can not make the left onto Washington. But if you go straight through the intersection you can make the next right onto Walnut street which will loop you around so you can make a right on High Street (bonus!) and then a left on Boylston.

The Brookline Village T stop (D-line) is just a couple of blocks away which is nice.

I was recently in the NETA facility in Northampton and I was chatting with a budtender about the Brookline dispensary. He told me that the Northampton dispensary is actually doing more business than the Brookline shop! That may have something to do with the parking but I think it has more to do with the fact that there is only one open dispensary in all of western Massachusetts. Lots of medical marijuana companies are getting approval letters or at least non-opposition letters from local selectboards - Hadley, Amherst and Greenfield - but so far NETA is the only game in town.

You were also talking about extraction processes and that NETA is using the Butane method. I am a little skeptical of that method even though they say it is safe. But today I was just reading about a newer method using heat and extreme pressure which produces oils with all the terpenes and other goodies. I suggest you Google "rosin" and see what you get. Here is a brief description I grabbed from Wikipedia:

Rosin refers to an extraction process that utilizes a combination of heat and pressure to nearly instantaneously squeeze resinous sap from your initial starting material. The term "rosin" originated as a method of making a product used to lubricate violin bows. With cannabis, this method is incredibly versatile in that it can either be used with flowers or to clean up hash and kief into a full-melt hash oil. The result is a translucent, sappy, and sometimes shatter-like product. If executed correctly, rosin can rival the flavor, potency, and yield of other solvent-based extraction products.

New products are entering the cannabis market all the time. After almost 50 years of just smoking flowers, it is refreshing and fun to experiment with all these new products.

I've been reading about rosin too. I'm definitely going to try and squeeze some out soon. I just got the Linx Hypnos which seems pretty good but the Co2 Oil from IGH may end up being too expensive per dose. We'll see. Only just started playing with it. But if I get a strain I don't love I'll try it as a rosin. I too love the way things are going in the cannabis world. Thinking of going to the NE Cannabis Convention later this month. Hope to see a lot of cool stuff from the vendors there.

Thanks JiggyJack: Lots of useful information, plus a wonderful bonus phrase!

...I think the reservation times are not that critical. They just want to space people out. I ended up an hour early due to a change in another appointment and nobody even mentioned appointment times, just checked me in and opened the door. ...

Back
Top Bottom