FYI to new Mass growers

boston tony

I had a big concern about a 1000w hps electric cost in a 5x5 tent. Its in my living room. I have a 8" fan vented light into my living space. This one bulb has kept my house at 78 degrees. I haven't turned on my heat yet. It's actually saving me money on my oil cost this winter. If you set up your tent or grow room properly, you can heat your house with it.

P.S. you do have to invest in sound damping equipment. I bought a sheet of sound damping sheet rock and built a box around my 8" inline fan, coupled with a muffler and sound damping ducting, you don't even know it's their.

Cheers,
Boston Tony

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment i have a 4x8 tent with 2 600 watts hid in my room, i vent to the heat to the living room and it keeps my apart pretty warm too!! saving good money on gas this winter :thumb:

I was once in the heating business. Here is how I use to calculate the BTUs needed when installing heating equipment (New England area of USA). For every 100 square feet of floor space (with 8 foot ceiling average) 5000 BTUs is needed. One watt of electricity equals 3.5 BTUs. Now for the 5000 BTU number I had given, that is for a heating system that operates between 5 to 10 hours for every 24 hours at outside temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit. This number is only for baseboard or radiators and does not include chimney and system loss. When a system operates longer heat mass with build up or other words bank. If for example operating lights equivalent to 5000 BTUs for 20 hours lets say only 2000 BTUs will be needed. Hope I wasn't confusing and BTW heating oil cost more than electricity BTU wise at the moment.

Hey guys 1st grow an I got myself all the bells an whistles so my main question is I got a spectrum king 400+ an I'm not sure I want to drop it to the 26"s for flower I'm afraid it'll toast my little girls any help would be amazing tyia

Back
Top Bottom