Growing on a balcony

dieselskunk

I have looked lots of places but can't find an answer. Can I grow on a balcony in my own house not visible from the street or by neighbors? I consider this to be locked, not accessible and not visible to anyone. But I just can't find the current law on Mass growing, just articles all over the place with opinions.

As far as I've read, any adult, 21+, can grow up to 6 plants, capped at 12 per household. I don't see why you can't grow on your balcony.

That is what I think I can do as well, but nothing would be like reading it officially under Mass laws. I have read it's ok another site said it could not be visible by air another said you could have over 10 oz if your plants produce that. People like Stan Rosenberg want to re write the laws claiming the people did not understand what they voted into law.

So, as far as I know, the ballot initiative as written stands, even with the delay in retail stores. When I was considering doing this, I referred to the ballot measure itself.

Massachusetts Marijuana Legalization, Question 4 (2016) - Ballotpedia

Apparently, growing in a place visible from a public area is not allowed, but "public area" isn't defined. If you do have the privacy at your place, then I would think it's not viewable from a public area. I'd be curious if drones flying overhead are considered public though.

So, as far as I know, the ballot initiative as written stands, even with the delay in retail stores. When I was considering doing this, I referred to the ballot measure itself.

Massachusetts Marijuana Legalization, Question 4 (2016) - Ballotpedia

Apparently, growing in a place visible from a public area is not allowed, but "public area" isn't defined. If you do have the privacy at your place, then I would think it's not viewable from a public area. I'd be curious if drones flying overhead are considered public though.
Hey guys i'm from Mass as well and really need to brush up on the law myself.
Never heard of this Rosenberg dude but def gonna check it out!!!
I'm actually gonna be startin my first ever grow and was gonna start 1 in soil under cfl and then put it outside.
It's a semi wooded (saugus) area but not secluded by any means.
I appreciate the info and will def be followin along.
Happy growin my fellow New Englanders.

Hey guys i'm from Mass as well and really need to brush up on the law myself.
Never heard of this Rosenberg dude but def gonna check it out!!!
I'm actually gonna be startin my first ever grow and was gonna start 1 in soil under cfl and then put it outside.
It's a semi wooded (saugus) area but not secluded by any means.
I appreciate the info and will def be followin along.
Happy growin my fellow New Englanders.

I had read someplace that a grow had to be locked up and not accessible to others . If your grow is on your property make sure that it's not on a path walked by others. You might want to grow some cover crops to help cover it. A few tomato plants could be a start. All in all I doubt they will be looking for small grows because it's legal. They do leave the public bit open to interpretation

I later found this to read
Legal weed: What you can and can't do in Massachusetts - News - Cambridge Chronicle & Tab - Cambridge, MA.
It had a spam question that I closed to read it. They say binoculars drones or planes are out.

I had read someplace that a grow had to be locked up and not accessible to others . If your grow is on your property make sure that it's not on a path walked by others. You might want to grow some cover crops to help cover it. A few tomato plants could be a start. All in all I doubt they will be looking for small grows because it's legal. They do leave the public bit open to interpretation

I later found this to read
Legal weed: What you can and can't do in Massachusetts - News - Cambridge Chronicle & Tab - Cambridge, MA.
It had a spam question that I closed to read it. They say binoculars drones or planes are out.
Thanks for the info bro!!!

Back
Top Bottom