License to Grow from Dispensary

CrackaJack

Can a dispensary give a license to grow for their organization? If so, does anyone know what sections, laws, etc this is covered under? And is it typical that they would charge for this...just to issue the license I mean..

A license? I do not know which state you are referring to, but most of them allow registered patients and those who are registered caregivers for one or more specific patients. Only.

Thanks Tortured...it's Cali and yes, what you said was what I got from everything I've read so far. Yet, as posted in another post, being a caregiver is even pretty sticky, I suppose providing for a co-op is the "most legal" if going by the way the laws read.

Not sure but, if you are a grower for a dispensary, aren't you just making it so someone else is making money off of MMJ? I thought the idea was to take the money out of the MMJ scene, not make it easier for a select few to make all the money (legally).

I hope that's not the way it is cause I would have to vote against anything that allows a chosen few to rake in the cash.
My point is... if a dispensaries had to give the MMJ to carded patients for free, I wonder how many peeps would want to own a dispensary then?

I totally agree Capt...I'm not even looking at it from the aspect of making money but getting it to someone that needs it and can't afford the dispensary prices. That's why I was thinking that the land rental agreement would be the best way to go. Charging x # of dollars for taking care of a plant gives someone what they need whether the plant yields 1lb or 3. Plus, you don't have to worry about all the other aspects then. Welcome suggestions/opinions!

Oh and meant to add....it's definitely becoming a money thing, I saw an ad from So Cal where someone is trying to sell their co-op for $250,000!!! Can't even imagine...had no idea it was all so crazy when, to me, it doesn't even seem like the laws cover anyone that's doing it at this point...color me naive I guess:)

Well, we all know that there is an obscene amount of cash to be made on illicit drugs, be it MMJ or whatever, in this case, the subject drug is MMJ.

My point is that, if the laws are not written proper, it will only serve to put the power, money, pot or whatever into the hands of a select few, this has never worked well for those who need the thing the most... the MMJ patient!

I don't know... I think I'm right most of the time in just keeping my mouth shut and praying they never take my right to grow my own medicine away!
BUT... if I just keep my mouth shut, then I am silently consenting to letting others do as they will... NOT GONNA LET THAT HAPPEN EITHER!

The law in CA states: that Med Marijunana patients can have 3 mature plants or 12 immature plants at one time. But a Doc can increase the legal amount to what ever. You can then sell it to any co-op. Just don't cross county lines. That's where it gets gray:yahoo:

I believe California Medical Cannabis laws at the grow level are determined by the County not the State. In some circumstances (i.e. - Oakland) the city sets the grow limits.

Where Counties have not established a law there is a State default.

Peace, love and Bobby Sherman. :peacetwo:

Ya, it's all a little too vague from what I can see. Thanks for the info on county lines, guess that makes sense, though they don't allow co ops in my county...
Keep screamin Capt:) If more people would do that we could actually have our constitution back!!!

Well the best answer for your question is No, you don't know a licence to grow and sell to a dispensary as long as you have been approved by a licenced Doctor.
I hate to say it, but it's all going to hell when they legalize it. although they'll have two different taxes, .025% or $25 for every $1000 sold for Medical marijuana and .10% or $100 for every $1000 for recreational users. I don't, I'm kinda of torn with the legalization. I mean kids can already get it, but this is going to be a "Wait and let's see" LOL

medicine is not taxable under CA tax law, and rec pot grown at home would not be taxable either.

CA has many different rates on taxable goods though already, depending on what city or county you may be in...

The true definition of a caregiver involves being responsible for that person's needs, total needs, NOT just their MMJ need. We also pay state sales tax and in some cities, pay a city tax also (San Jose is 7% on top of the 8.25% state tax). Bottom line is to keep off the Radar. Like Captn. Chronic said above. I know a grower that drinks a lot too. He constantly goes to bars and brings strangers over to see his grow. What an idiot. I was once over when he was having cable installed all over his home. He told these guys to come out back and see his plants; took them out there too! He wasn't drunk at the time, so I just don't get it. I tell no one about I do...

Not sure but, if you are a grower for a dispensary, aren't you just making it so someone else is making money off of MMJ? I thought the idea was to take the money out of the MMJ scene, not make it easier for a select few to make all the money (legally).

I hope that's not the way it is cause I would have to vote against anything that allows a chosen few to rake in the cash.
My point is... if a dispensaries had to give the MMJ to carded patients for free, I wonder how many peeps would want to own a dispensary then?

Lots of dispensaries have their own gardens and still take donated meds or whatever you want to call that. Not all of them can afford labs so they can't say for sure what is or isn't in it if they didn't make it. I can't speak for all of them obviously but at my local one (before it was shut down) they had indoor and outdoor and 9/10 is was the bombest in there and no matter what it was always the cheapest. They limited how much you could buy so that everyone had access to top quality meds at a reasonable price. $25 8ths of top shelf...man I will take that deal all day long, not that they would let you. Growing weed as I'm sure a lot of you know is not cheap. I see it as a service to the patients and it's not unreasonable to recoup your investment imo.

When I lived in So Cal (San Diego) just over a year ago, all we did, was set up our own collective, added members who had licences, and we could grow 5 plants per licensed member. There's a loophole in the legal part, that means anyone in the collective can grow for anyone else in the collective, but it also means everyone that can grow, could grow for everyone, even the other grower.

When I lived in So Cal (San Diego) just over a year ago, all we did, was set up our own collective, added members who had licences, and we could grow 5 plants per licensed member. There's a loophole in the legal part, that means anyone in the collective can grow for anyone else in the collective, but it also means everyone that can grow, could grow for everyone, even the other grower.

This sounds very interesting. Im hoping to move to California for 3 months this summer and if I can get my foot in the door with a collective Id be temped to stay. Where I am now is getting too risky for growing and I refuse to spend time in a jail for growing a wonderful plant.It boggles the mind.

Can you give me any advice on how to go about doing it?

Thanks in advance.

I live in SD...Just incorporated my company. In San Diego you are allowed to grow 24 plants in a 64 square foot area per patient. Not sure who told you that you could only grow 5? CA state law says 6 mature or 12 immature (or MORE depending on county law, BUT NEVER LESS)
and to answer the original question in this thread, yes, you can get what is called a Growers Certificate, (Just got a nice stack of them with my corporate binder :thumb: ) and the collective gives it to you with their corporate seal and information on it, along with the board members signatures and how many plants and patients you are being asked to grow for/on behalf of the collective. Also make sure you got a Transportation Certificate.

So here is the question I am looking for an answer for. I live in California. HOw does one go about building a relationship with a dispensary for the purpose of supplying medicine to them?

Hmmm,

This is a very interesting thread. On 4/20 14 I met with a lawyer. My intent was to buy land and grow supply for my dispensary. My plans changed but what I learnt make me feel very safe growing what I do where I do. I have a few dispensaries who will take my donations but my lawyer suggested I set up a delivery service. I am now looking into that. I feel with the current "experiments" in WA and CO we might be heading in a better direction, although I am not keen on legalization just yet. I lost this summers outdoor due to the wildfires followed by hellish heat so I have scaled and moved indoors for the winter. I can't pm anybody as I am a newbie but I intend to participate on this site and hope to exchange info/tips etc with other SoCal folks. The most important thing my lawyer stressed was stealth. Although I am, and most here are, legal to do what we do, the Feds still want to harass us, the municipalities don't want us in thier back yards and some one actually broke into my yard and stole 2 fair size blue Mystics . The second was my guns...big alarm ( purely recreational guns). A simple possession charge becomes very scary when combined with a firearm. I keep my weapons very far away from my grow site. I do plan to build a grow house in the next six months ( house as opposed to tent,once I have my paperwork ) and will share it with up to two other growers to offset my expense and theirs. Clearly you can see that I am very comfortable with making this investment as it will be legal as far as the lawyer that would have to defend me is concerned. So keep it stealthy and legal and you should have no problems.

Back
Top Bottom