Developing software for delivery dispensaries in CA - Who can I talk to?

deliverydev

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of developing a basic software package (website, mobile site, online ordering, patient login) for dispensaries that offer delivery, or a mixture of in-store/delivery, and I have some questions that I need answered by a dispensary owner in California (San Diego if possible).

Can anyone connect me to an owner/ collective association that could answer my questions? I've seen so much inefficiency in the current system that we could almost completely eliminate with software. Anyone that can help me would get the software totally free once it's built, if that's any incentive to help connect!

Just to be clear, I'm not looking to take over the world, just trying to build a niche product for small dispensaries, more specifically those with no retail stores.

Thank you!

I'm sure if you call one of them you will find an owner who would love to talk to you. I have been interested in doing something similar. What I find the most interesting is the lack of payment processing due to the Federal aspect. Seems like if you can develop a mobile app for dispensaries and deliveries it would be a game changer for the industry. Sorry for going off on a little rant, but if you're into software you should try to link up with one of the startups. I would say having a mobile app for the industry would be the best at this point, it needs it!

Where in CA are you based? I have a connection at one of the dispensaries in San Francisco.

Hi There,

I just started working for a company that's been providing payment processing to dispensaries for years. They've worked out a solution to provide not only a reliable merchant account but also dependable checking solutions as well. I've been doing high risk merchant accounts/payment processing for a few years now and am an experienced agent and broker but am new to the mmj space. I've been reading up on forums and recent legislation changes looking for posts like yours. The service this company is providing is really solid but they're having trouble connecting to the demographic they're trying to help. If you have any words of wisdom on how best to reach people who are struggling with their payment processing I'd be all ears. I'm still in the formulation stage of developing a broader outreach plan, so any advice or points of interest would be well-timed and greatly appreciated. Like I said, it's a solid solution that many people are already using but the word just isn't getting out the way it needs to.

Kristin Renee

I'm sure if you call one of them you will find an owner who would love to talk to you. I have been interested in doing something similar. What I find the most interesting is the lack of payment processing due to the Federal aspect. Seems like if you can develop a mobile app for dispensaries and deliveries it would be a game changer for the industry. Sorry for going off on a little rant, but if you're into software you should try to link up with one of the startups. I would say having a mobile app for the industry would be the best at this point, it needs it!

In my researching, and searches for information on medical marijuana consumption, I came across an app in the Google Play store called Weed Maps. The app allows you to search and find Dispensary and/or storefront in the area where you live, or are at a certain point. Each listing, has within it... The contact information for the Dispensary, the menu, any deals they may have going, reviews of the Dispensary, and much more. Just search for that title on the Play Store and you will be pleasantly surprised at the information at your fingertips. I am Not sure if it is available in the App Store for iPhones and iPads, but I do know it does exist or the Android platform. I have it on my phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using 420

Back
Top Bottom