Is This Caregiver A Crook?

LavaLemmons

I'm a legal card holding patient in MI and have a possible grower/care giver. They do the legal paperwork and also have their card already (and less than 5 patients) but instead of charging me for the cannabis they offer to provide an ounce a month while they sell the rest for profit.

Besides the legal risks, the amount (one ounce per month) sounds a lot low for a 12 plant rotation. As lots of people have said, perhaps they can only keep 3-4 plants in rotation at a time right?

Maybe they grow in soil instead of hydro.

If I could just find out from someone who knows their stuff if this is just a 'not so great deal' or so bad the grower should be run out of town I would be forever grateful, for real.

I am supposed to sign paperwork in the next few days and I would love to get educated a little bit more before then.

If this is so illegal and horrible that it shouldn't be posted I apologize. I read as much as I was able on the usage policy but now I have to run to make some dinner for hubby and need to get this Q out there.

Any advice or flaming is appreciated, thank you!

LL

HI there and welcome to :420:
I would think there is no legal risk for you getting an ounce a month free from your caregiver. Him selling for profit to others ,yes if caught.Caregivers are to be reimbursed for grow expenses from the patient or what a dispensary would pay for on overages if any I think. Sounds shady too saying one to you a month so I can profit on the rest ,possibly you getting the lower quality for free?
It would be better if possible to grow your own medicine and this is a great place to find help and advice if you can go that way
this link could help you out on how to grow MMJ
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
and these are sponsors from here with great products you may need
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®
Good Luck

Thank you for the reply closetorganic,

I really appreciate your input.

HI there and welcome to :420:
I would think there is no legal risk for you getting an ounce a month free from your caregiver. Him selling for profit to others ,yes if caught.Caregivers are to be reimbursed for grow expenses from the patient or what a dispensary would pay for on overages if any I think. Sounds shady too saying one to you a month so I can profit on the rest ,possibly you getting the lower quality for free?

I hope you are right about my overall lack of risk. We are renters and have nowhere to legally grow a plant. Finances are a huge problem also so honestly, getting a lower quality ounce when I'm unable to locate or afford a grow of my own, it doesn't sound too bad to me.

Thank you for the links, I do appreciate the help. I am truly one of those people in such a tight spot you would think it sounds like a horrible soap opera. If I could even afford to buy 1-2 grams every other week I could get by without this grower. With the medical issues I'm facing, and horrible side effects or health risks from every pharmaceutical the dr's have tried in the last 18 months; currently I don't see another work around.

This being the case, do you mind letting me know what you think about that one ounce from a professional grower with top of the line equipment? (desperate pleading)

Thank you again and I hope other people that find this thread can use those links you posted up.

Take care,

LL

If he is trying to do stuff like this, I wouldn't be so sure that the person is "top of the line." Actually, this setup would have me worried, not for legal reasons, but I feel like you might get a lower quality product than you deserve. If there is any variation in his harvest, he can give you an ounce of crap and keep the good stuff for himself to sell and make a profit on. Just too sketchy to me personally.

Your welcome LavaLemmons:thumb:
We lease also and have 2 home inspections a year. Without being able to afford dispensary prices I have to grow my own personal medicine.

I dont want to scare you from this caregiver because free meds a month is cool.Having a proffesional grower with nice gear should lead to some quality medicine to help with your medical issues as that is the main goal of caregivers .

I wish you the best getting and healing with this great medicine

edit: I felt the same as Juan and hope you know this person enough. If things ever got sour I would take the right of your 12 plants away which can be moved to another or yourself

I'm a legal card holding patient in MI and have a possible grower/care giver. They do the legal paperwork and also have their card already (and less than 5 patients) but instead of charging me for the cannabis they offer to provide an ounce a month while they sell the rest for profit.

Besides the legal risks, the amount (one ounce per month) sounds a lot low for a 12 plant rotation. As lots of people have said, perhaps they can only keep 3-4 plants in rotation at a time right?

Maybe they grow in soil instead of hydro.

If I could just find out from someone who knows their stuff if this is just a 'not so great deal' or so bad the grower should be run out of town I would be forever grateful, for real.

I am supposed to sign paperwork in the next few days and I would love to get educated a little bit more before then.

If this is so illegal and horrible that it shouldn't be posted I apologize. I read as much as I was able on the usage policy but now I have to run to make some dinner for hubby and need to get this Q out there.

Any advice or flaming is appreciated, thank you!

LL

Patient care NEEDS to be their first priority. If taking care of your needs is NOT their first priority... then you should look elsewhere or figure out how to grow for yourself. Remember-- Necessity is the mother of all invention.
They do not seem like they are trying to scam you as you noted but they are trying to use you.
All that being said, if an ounce a month of average smoke will satisfy your immediate needs until you can figure out a different avenue, then that will be a choice you will have to make for yourself by looking at all the variables. But I think you can do better [for yourself].
Of course... I am not in your situation so this is all "in my opinion". We just do not want to see you taken advantage of like it looks like these guys are doing because of your being forced to do it their way because of your situation.
You could also say "No" until you renegotiate a higher amount of meds and a quality strain of marijuana. Remember, they NEED your card to make MONEY. Also, you can have up to 2.5 ounces in Michigan. You should ask for that amount every month and then whatever you need to top off your supply at 2.5 ounces or 70 grams each month; because they can get 400-500 grams off of one plant and you are giving them your card authority to grow 12.
Edited to add: if they are getting one pound [dry weight] off of each plant, and selling it for $2,000 a lb then that's $24,000 minus your 2.5 ounces and growing expenses. So take $4,000 off of that and they are still clearing $15,000-$20,000 dollars a grow just off of your plants. Even if you account for less a lb. they are still making good money off of you. So crunch some numbers, be fair, and renegotiate.
And do not be afraid to say "NO" and walk away from their "deal". Because you are already without your mmj meds as it is right now. You can live without for another period of time if you have to. I am doing that right now myself.

I have had 4 caregivers who have ALL been frauds. The last one INSISTED I make him caregiver, when I already had my own. He gave me 1 oz a month , if I drove 50 miles for it. Then because I and another patient wouldn't be bullied into making him caregiver, he SCREAMED AND YELLED AT US SAYING WE WERE F_ING HIM! Very abusive to patients in front of everyone at a PATIENT/GROWER/NETWORK establishment!!!! There is really NO WHERE to report such behavior and breach of laws! So I had to become my own grower. Problem solved!

I would find someone else,the whole free thing is shady, nothing in life is free. And if he gets caught selling the rest not only is he fucked but the fuzz now has your name and number too

Back
Top Bottom