Lightshade, Altitude and Green Dragon Denver/Aurora & Colorado Genepool

SashaShiva

I have been to a ton of Dispensaries in Denver, Medical and Non-Medical (I had a Medical Card from 2011-2014), but these are the 3 Dispensaries I have been to most recently. I will also post a little bit of information about other dispensaries in the area.

I am talking to the Marijuana Enforcement Agency on Nov 6th, and have started the DEA Exemption process for a Shaivite Temple with Federal THCv and Bhang Exemption, as well as contacted the FDA and USDA about getting a Biological License, (and breeding a few THCv strains, since the only ones available in Denver are Durban Poison or made from it) and I have been looking for which dispensaries are doing things the best.
DEA Religious Exemption Process

So, I will do it with the best of the 3 last. Then I will mention other dispensaries I have either not been to in a long time, or have not gotten flowers from but have gotten other things from, then will get into Genetics.

Firstly, Green Dragon They are basically the model Marijuana Super Market type thing, everything is prepackaged, they have cheap strains at the South Aurora location (less than $20 for an 8th, and less than $60 for a half oz, but only on 1 strain); but they do not have the best bud. And all of it is prepackaged, so you never know if it dried out and lost weight, but 4x 8ths (1/2 oz) for $55 is better than anywhere else, even if 1 or 2 grams is missing from drying out in the bag. So this dispensary has the best prices is really the best way to put it. And the Aurora location has a dispensary right next door called Green Heart, and they have Pre-Rolls 2 for $10 or 4 for $20, and they have other good deals sometimes. An example of another dispensary with similar bud to Green Dragon (not Green Heart) would be Colorado Harvest Company, but they are more expensive for the same kind of bud.

Secondly, Altitude Altitude is iffy. With Green Dragon it seems pretty consistent at least, but not the best. At Altitude, it really depends on which location you go to. I have been to 2 or 3 of them, mostly the one on Federal Blvd, and it seemed like the one of Federal Blvd did not have as good buds as the other ones. Altitude I would say Altitude is not the best in price, or the best in quality, but is not bad in either, most of the time. And their oz prices are too high. If you just want an 8th, they are fine, and if you have not had well grown buds, they do have pretty good buds, but depending on location they may not be; but they are charging too much ($180) for an oz, which is only like a $20 savings from just buying $25 8ths all the way up.

Best, Lightshade Lightshade, just lowered their strains to $25 an 8th, so now they are matched with Altitude (except for tax, Altitude is after tax), and their bud is a lot better than Altitude's. First time visitors can get 1x $15 8th at their Dayton Location, and their bud is grown really well. And they have $50 shake oz for anyone who wants to get a cheap oz for joints/blunts, edible making and hash making. And the $25 8ths are at all locations. Right now their Iliff location only has 1 of the $25 strains, and the and the Havana location only have 4, and they are smaller nugs than at the Dayton location. But they probably moved everything to the Dayton location for the promotion.

I have not been here in years, but Trenchtown has good bud and good prices, the only one I ever remember ever not thinking was great was the Chocolope, and that was in 2011-12 or something. I used to mainly just go here and get mix and match ozs for $99, and they were always good. I remember one time after having gone there for about a year I asked if they had any strains that they didn't sell to everyone, and the budtender pulled out a Strain called "Red Elephant". And I have only found that strain online on BCSeeds.com, for $1990, and it doesn't tell you how many seeds you get, and when you click it it doesn't work anyways. But Trenchtown had that strain.

House of Dankness, I have not gotten anything here but know someone who loves them and their genetics, and I have smoked a few of their strains a few times and they are good, but expensive.

Eufloria, I have only gotten wax and shatter from here, it is good, just not the best price.

Medicine Man, I remember it being hit or miss, I don't remember pricing, and I remember 1 strain I never even smoked all of because of the flavor.

Green Cross Cherry Creek, I remember it being better than Medicine Man

I have not been to Sweet Leaf, but I have heard they are good, but seen they are expensive. But they have a deal where they will match any coupon in Westword, as long as it doesn't say "1 location only" or "New members only" and things like that, and I think it is their choice of strain.

For clones, go to Le Conte's Clone Bar, not the Denver Clone Store.

Whenever I have the Temple Strains made with THCv, I will be giving out seeds for free. My plan is to get THCv genetics into the Denver Genepool, because currently there are only Durban Poison and Durban Poison crosses (like Girl Scout Cookies), and Durban Poison is not even the best example of a THCv strain, it is a great bud and has great THC content to go with the THCv, but it is not a super high THCv strain. And there are no Durban/Skunk crosses, which is 2 THCv strains. There are no Durban/Other African THCv crosses, and I am making Early Durban (which is Durban Skunk, but because of its name everyone has missed it) X Malawi, and Malawi X Early Durban, and probably crossing those together also. So I am bringing something to the Denver Genepool that is currently simply unavailable.

Here are the Female strains that we are currently using:

Holy Smoke- Strawberry Diesel
Holy Smoke- Strawberry Stardawg
Holy Smoke- Banana Crack
Seedsman- Early Durban
World of Seeds- South African Kwazulu
303 Seeds- Danky Kong
Nirvana- Hindu Kush
Ace- Malawi

Here are the Male strains:

Ace- Malawi
Seedsman- Early Durban
Nirvana- Blue Mystic

This will be the first phase, and for the second phase we will add Girl Scout Cookies and Purple Bud, both crossed with the Malawi male. Then in the grow right after that, the seeds will be vegging during the second phase, and the 3rd phase will be crosses from the first grow and they will be crossed with another strain that will veg during that time, but I won't mention what it is yet. But the strains before that will be something that is already unavailable, when the other strain gets added in, and the F1 and F2 are created with the new strain, it will be a whole new thing. Durban Poison is .2% to 2% THCv, even just Malawi is at least 2x the highest possible amount in Durban. And THCv is 4x as potent by weight as THC.

I am mentioning this all together with the Dispensaries because once I get the DEA RFRA Exemption, and probably even just when I talk to the Marijuana Enforcement Agency in Colorado, we will be starting a Temple in Denver, and it will be the first actual Federally Legal Marijuana Religion in America.

Sonething came up, that made me want to update this. I recently came back to Colorado, like April 13th I got back.

Ok, so first, what needs to be said starts with this. Green Solution has a promotion where you get $20 per referral downloading their app and making an account. I did that, and got like $200 in free products, only paying tax. I bought a Vape Cartridge called Nectar, or NectarBee.

Most people wouldn't be able to point this out, but Nectar is not a Distillate, and is not what you are looking for in a 510 Vape. Nectar is like if you get a Separatory Funnel, and do a Polarized Solvent Extraction, then don't even do the step with the sealed bubble room full of Nitrogen with the right Acid on Reflux (either Acetic or Sulphuric, I can't remember) to rotate the Isomers and make everything pure Delta-9-THC. They COULD be doing that, that would maybe be worth $30 for a half gram. I paid $35 for Exotic Carts with a GRAM of Distillate in Dallas, so these $25 Distillate Carts are tolerable, but the Nectar (Solvent Hash) at $30 is not OK. And I actually appreciate Polarized Solvent Hash, but it needs to be put in Caviar, or a Syringe type applicator, or for Vapes where people load their own things. And I am pretty sure they ADDED ETHANOL like Glycerine in Ecig oil, so there is a cut compared to Distillate. And, I might be being Generous, this might be CO2 Oil from a Closed Loop Extractor, not even Polarized Solvent Hash, because it says CO2 on the back. Nectar belongs on sone Caviar or something. If you like Distillate Cartridges, you are not looking for Nectar. I will post more review type posts here soon, and I will post pictures proving my point and explaining why advertising CO2 or Solvent Hash in Cartridges is intolerable. Maybe with a better Designed Atomizer, and delivery to the Atomizer, but probably not.

Ok, so, these are the Cartridges we have gotten in Colorado, we didn't travel with any paraphernalia but a cleaned out grinder at the Airport.

The Purple one is the Grandaddy Purp from Terrapin, Distillate, about 90% THC, notice it is clean, completely empty. $25 before Tax from Terrapin.

The Yellow one with no brand label is Tangerine Kush from Medicine Man Havanna Aurora, $25 out the Door, Distillate, about 90% THC. TASTES LIKE FRUIT LOOPS. Will be a clean empty cartridge soon.

The Orange gunk I can't smoke because it's caked everywhere, is the Nectar, and in the smoke chamber (along the side, most likely designed this way because it has to be, not to be unique like you might assume) is caked with reclaim. There is some kind of vacuum bubble issue where once its like half gone almost you can finally get a good draw off of it, but then it goes back to just being horrible.

It just does not belong in a Cartridge, don't buy Nectar unless you plan on taking it out. And they should sell it in another container anyway.

Attachments

• 20190517_104234.jpg
    20190517_104234.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 207
The Danky Kong from Medicine Man is good, but not as Diesely as I expected. I grew it, and even the leaves tasted Diesely. I feel like this was more Earthy. Maybe phenotypes or something. I have not smoked too much of it though, so maybe in a joint or blunt it will be better than a pipe, I will see, but it isn't the exact same bud as the one I grew. Maybe just effects of being on a shelf too. It is potent, like strong bud. It is good. I just suggest growing it to taste the Diesel.

Attachments

• 20190517_110154.jpg
    20190517_110154.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 162
So the Danky Kong from Medicine Man is maybe just a little dry and the Terpenes got out. It was prepackaged, so very possible.

BUT

Smoked in a joint on the way to Boulder at an RTD Train stop just now, the Danky Kong flavor came through. A little undertoney and not in your face, but absolutely what I was looking for exactly, and worth the $20.

Also,

In Texas I worked at the Convention Center for the company with the Food Contract and we were getting these Mario Cart Cartridges, I also saw a few King Louies and a few different kinds, all of it said it was from California. Also, just so every knowd the bags with flavor names and everything are avalable online, so they can put whatever they want in the bag if they buy the bags.

It was 1g carts, but in Denver dispensaries (I was in Dallas Texas buying these 1g Carts, and all the Chefs from out of State, and the Americaized Mexicans/Venezualans, etc, even the kids had them. They were $30-$50 for a 1g Cartridge. In Colorado all I have found is 500mg aka .5g Carts, for $20-$60 the $20 500mg is ok, but why are there hardly any 1g carts.

We are going to a dispensary today that is supposed to have a deal for Memorial Day and checking it out.

Ok, so, these are the Cartridges we have gotten in Colorado, we didn't travel with any paraphernalia but a cleaned out grinder at the Airport.

The Purple one is the Grandaddy Purp from Terrapin, Distillate, about 90% THC, notice it is clean, completely empty. $25 before Tax from Terrapin.

The Yellow one with no brand label is Tangerine Kush from Medicine Man Havanna Aurora, $25 out the Door, Distillate, about 90% THC. TASTES LIKE FRUIT LOOPS. Will be a clean empty cartridge soon.

The Orange gunk I can't smoke because it's caked everywhere, is the Nectar, and in the smoke chamber (along the side, most likely designed this way because it has to be, not to be unique like you might assume) is caked with reclaim. There is some kind of vacuum bubble issue where once its like half gone almost you can finally get a good draw off of it, but then it goes back to just being horrible.

It just does not belong in a Cartridge, don't buy Nectar unless you plan on taking it out. And they should sell it in another container anyway.

If anyone wants to see what Distillate is outside of a vape cartridge, and if you want to smoke it on Blunts and Dab it, etc, then you can get Distillate Syringes like this from "The Pure Marijuana Dispensary" you get there by taking the G or B train from Union Station and getting off on the 1st stop.

Attachments

• 20190530_204833.jpg
    20190530_204833.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 143
This is now the highest viewed post in the legal section, and everyone should share it and use the information in it to write Articles on personal websites, Blogs, etc, and file with the DEA and FDA.

Religious Marijuana is Federally Legal

Post #25 on the thread has the FDA Address and IND Application you send in to be Exempt from. This is basically a request for Exemption FROM the IND process you are sending in, not an actual IND Application. But they said to put it on the Application.

Back
Top Bottom