A Hopefully Soon To Be MMJ Patient Question

Stizz1e

I am moving to So. Cal in July and would like to become a mmj patient. I have chronic lower back pain from various blue collar jobs I've held in the past 5 yrs. My question is I will have a NJ drivers license until I become a resident of Cali. If I have proof of residence will this be a problem in obtaining a prescription?

Chronic pain is well treated with cannabis
without all the undesired side effects and risk. Chronic pain is qualified for MMJ. Be sure to have some proof you are currently being treated for the complaint. Welcome to Cali ! :smokin: Zed

would a school i.d work? because doesnt it take 6 months to establish residency? And being as i am moving for school I figure i will have a photo id from them. And what do you mean proof that i've been treated? like an old prescription? I've taken sklactine(sp?) its a muscle relaxer...does nothing. I have a slightly addictive personality so i have stayed away from any other pain pills.

you must have a California state driver's license or i.d.
you can get one the day you move to cali, provided you have mail with that address.
check the dmv for more info.

call the doc toll free 1-877-GOT-KUSH with your questions.

^^^^what he means is do you have CURRENT ongoing proof that your back is in pain and being treated by a physician or are you wanting to walk in the dr's office and tell them you have back pain and ask "can I be registered"? Well it sounds to me like the ladder and if so please do not try and get a registration unless you are really hurt because that will hurt us all in the end. This is one of the problems with the system that we are fighting agaist because the portion of the public that do not want cannibas to be legal in any fashion thrive on finding cases that merit NO reason to be registered and then use that as ammo to keep it from being legal. I hope you understand where I am coming from and please don't take this personally just trying to look out for all of us....:peace:

I don't like doctors, and live pay check to paycheck working a manual labor job. Thus making time off to heal properly almost impossible. And as I stated above, I have an addictive personality, therefore should not be placed on narcotic pain killers, in my opinion anyway. I can't sit down for extended periods of time, without sharp pains shooting down the backs of my legs, stemming from right above my hip. Trust me, I'm not trying to smoke better pot or anything like that. If a physician turns me down then so be it, I'm just trying to gather information, to see if a doctor thinks its right for me. Sorry if i came off sounding like I was trying to scam the system.

I knew you were going to take that personally so thats why I asked you not to so let me take another approach...

If you are legit so be it but you need medical proof to get registered. The doctor is not going to take your word for it, if that was the case everyone would be registered. It is a must have to get recommended and if there is a doctor out there that is recommending people without the proper history then they should not be in practice. This is a very serious subject and a very serious fight against our nations/ worlds legal system to have this beautiful plant available to EVERYONE so this is why I say this. I am in no way trying to make you feel bad I just hope you understand where I am coming from reading your post thats all...

Mr Signman2007...ah, yes, our California Doctors will take your word for it. This is the case and everyone who wants to be, is recommended to use medical marijuana by an MD. This is California, we don't need no stinking proof, just your stinking word.

Just the way it is, brother. Doctors, I've seen for my recommendations, would rather see people do medical marijuana than pharmaceuticals or alcohol. And that's how the cow ate the cabbage in sunny California.:peace::cheesygrinsmiley:

I just notice that this thread was referenced in another thread, so i thought i'd update it. I moved to LA, got my state id and saw a mmj doctor on melrose ave. Very friendly and easy process. I filled out the form, had a consultation. Just told the doc about my back pain and was out with a year recommendation in 20 minutes.

Wonderful!

Congratulations

Peace and happiness:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom