Doctor in Edmonton Canada that will Prescribe Medicinal Marijuana?

Kitan13

I'm currently in search of a doctor in the Edmonton area that is 420 friendly. I suffer from nerve damage caused by reacurring shingles, AC joint seperation, degenetive disease in my back, insomnia and arthritic. Normally I wouldn't need to seek out a professional to obtain it but due to the nature of my job I am randomly tested and fearful that I will be caught with THC in my system. I don't smoke while on the job nor do I smoke prior to working. The doctors have been giving me painkillers which I don't take because I am fearful of becoming addicted. My family doctor doesn't feel that THC is useful for pain relief. I argue the facts to no avail. I'm hoping someone can recommend me a doctor willing to help me. Thank you.

Come on guys. Over a 100 views and not one person can point me in the right direction? The thought of taking oxy or perks gives me the hebbie jebbies or taking drugs like Celebrex or the like can be dangerous to my health. I'm tired of stressing over a few puffs before bed but being unemployed because I chose a natural pain relief is even more stressing. I'm not trying to haunt down a doctor so I can smoke legally without cause. I'm tired of numb hands, sever pain especially in my shoulder/neck. My collar bone is no longer attached to my shoulder and it's my steering arm. I'm not sure how much longer I can tolerate the pain unmedicated.

It might help if you explain where Edmonton is, is that a city in the US?

No. I live in Edmonton Alberta. It was suggested to me by a gent that runs a headshop here in my city to go to BC which is our neighboring province to have it done. Alberta doesn't really support it for medicinal use. It's sad that our country, Canada, is one of the biggest producers of the magical stuff yet we live in fear of we use it. It's frustrating for me to know that my dr will prescribe oxy-cotin but won't prescribe marihuana. I can drink my face off on my time off but can't have a toke. Guess our society would rather I become an addict or an alcoholic. I don't drink and can't tolerate the thought of becoming addicted to pills. Because I drive truck and I'm just a little thing I use my left shoulder all day long and my hip is painful. Sleeping has been hard to do. End of the day I just wanna puff and sleep. Being unable to do that with out issues at work prevents me from partaking.

Hey fellow canuck, unfort the Harper Conservative Gov't from Alberta has decided to start throwing prescribing
doctors in jail (google Kamermans Coe Hill for the story) and sent them all running scared.

Several cooperatives in BC are signing med forms by skype at an average cost of 450-600 with a maximum of 10
grams prescribed per day.

Sorry to advise that having a certificate from Health Canada will not prevent you from being fired or charged on the job,
our Conservative Harper Gov't have removed that layer of protection.
For more info on MedPot in Western Canada please visit the following blog spot
Medical Marijuana with TheSmeeGoanGuy

I'm in the same boat - still have chronic pain from headaches, seizures, insomnia and severe panic attacks due to PTSD. Last boyfriend was a scum-bag (and that's being polite) who beat the crap out of me on a regular basis. Cops won't help & my GP has me on about 5-6 different medications, none of which help much. I know people who sell it, but they won't sell to me anymore. I don't know why, cause I've always paid up. Very frustrating when all I want is to not feel scared all the time & get a good nights' sleep.

I'm in the same boat - still have chronic pain from headaches, seizures, insomnia and severe panic attacks due to PTSD. Last boyfriend was a scum-bag (and that's being polite) who beat the crap out of me on a regular basis. Cops won't help & my GP has me on about 5-6 different medications, none of which help much. I know people who sell it, but they won't sell to me anymore. I don't know why, cause I've always paid up. Very frustrating when all I want is to not feel scared all the time & get a good nights' sleep.

LoveBug this is a very sad story :( I'm so sorry that you have chronic pain and terrible experience with the last boyfriend. Very frustrating indeed! I wish you luck, you have my support! I hope better days will come! Be brave!

I recommend the Green dr network. Fill out the forms and wait for a call. Entire process from initial registration to dr appointment was less then 2 weeks. Great service.

I recommend the Green dr network. Fill out the forms and wait for a call. Entire process from initial registration to dr appointment was less then 2 weeks. Great service.

I had my Skype appointment a doctor yesterday through gd network and my LP is aphria. Do you know how long it takes for the doctor to send the docs to the LP?

9 days after my skype appoitment I was able to order from Aphria. Aphria has been pretty good so far, I've tried 9 of their strains. They might be a bit dry so I recommend getting some of those bovedo RH pads. The only let down so far has been their Purple Kush or Belle as they call it. It was horrible.

it's more expensive with alberta when you are finding a cannabis friendly doctor. For instance, MMS charges 380 instead of 350 if i recall correctly.

Cause everyone knows they make the big bucks in Alberta lol.

True but considering alberta is a conservative province, finding a local pot friendly doctor is like looking for a needle in a haystack. But with these skype based services, they can charge more due to high volumes of requests... Don't ya just love good ol supply and demand?

I'm from Edmonton Alberta and I'm dealing with an array of issues that I already treat with marijuana and I've been looking to start treating legally for quite a few years. I've tried to ask doctors about it, but they won't even talk about it whatsoever, and I usually have to find a new doctor if I ever bring it up. My most recent doctor lets me talk about using it illegally, but I don't dare ask him to risk anything. A friend suggest to me Oasis medical clinic that runs from Calgary and I signed up to their service yesterday. I got a call today from a company called "Mr. Nice Guy" today and it was a guy who was sensitive to my speech & communication disabilities, but he was a bit busniness man-like.

Just as I expected he said that there's a substantial fee of $367.50 Canadian, but he also informed me that the only doctor stil willing to fill out marijuana prescriptions in Alberta right now works for the Mr. Nice Guy company. The fee gets me a Skype conversation with a nurse, the doctor who will help me get my prescription and all the information I need to receive and/or make my own edibles. If I need to have more Skype meetings with that doctor, the appointments would cost around $55 each, or I could join a monthly club for around $25/month if I want as many Skype conversations with the doctor as I want. Seems like a good deal, but I'm not sure...

Most patients use marijuana to treat some serious conditions that they don't wish to have to experience anymore. Even though marijuana does treat and even cure a reduiculous ammount of conditions, some more serious diseases would need various treatments to use with marijuana. It seems like this doctor specializes only in the effects of marijuana and would not be able to work with the actual disease. If I have a green card will I be refused for treatment with every other doctor within the Alberta healthcare system?

I'm a little worried about weather or not this place is legit. I was wondering if there were anybody who knew anything about this service or has used it before? Also; of course, I'm still calling out for any brave compassionate doctors who would do it without charging an arm and a leg.

You cannot be refused treatment in Canada. Period. Green card or no green card, rich, poor, stupid or smart. No one can be denied medical treatment or service in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom