Medical Marijuana Doctor

Smokeater

Does anyone know of a Doctor in the far north of Illinois (north of Chicago even) that writes prescriptions for medical marijuana cards closer to Wisconsin than Chicago? I'm a disabled Firefighter/Paramedic injured in the line of duty and my Doctor has me on 3 Class 2 narcotics everyday due to the pain I suffer from in my back from bad discs I got carrying an over a 500 Lb person out of their house on a call. I'm on disability permanently with no hope at this time of anything making it better. It hurts like hell now and surgery gives me a 50/50 chance of coming out better or worse and I'm not willing to take that chance considering everyone I've talked to that has had the surgery says they wish they didn't. The class 2 narcotics make me loopy and are damaging my liver and kidneys. I would much rather use medical marijuana because it's safe and it helps. I just can't find any Doctors that write the medical Marijuana card in my area and I can't drive as far as Chicago because of the pain. So if anyone knows of a Doctor who writes Medical marijuana prescriptions in the far north Illinois area, please let me know I beg of you. Thanks you for reading this.

Or maybe someone can just explain how to get a Medical Marijuana card in northern Illinois. I have no idea what it takes. I want to stay legal but don't understand the procedure on how or where to get a card. They just opened a dispensary near me, now I just need the card. Any help would be great. Thanks for at least reading this.

A quick google search shows there is a pilot program for medical marijuana in Illinios currently. Your state government has setup a website for this and you can apply online it looks like.

Medical Cannabis Pilot Program

Thank You for the info, I knew about the program but was unaware it could be done online, so Thank you! But I'm still hoping to find a local Doctor (I can't travel long distances due to the pain from my injury) who will write a prescription for Medical Marijuana as neither my family Doc or my pain Doc won't, even though they both think it's a better and safer option than all the class 2 Narcs I take everyday because they are ruining my liver and kidneys and will eventually end me (which I REALLY want to avoid) and I would have zero life quality with out a pain reliever strong enough to let me enjoy life with some pain relief. So if anyone knows of a Doctor who writes Medical marijuana prescriptions in the far north Illinois area (Lake County), please let me know. People are getting their prescriptions from someplace because they just opened a dispensary near me but I need both the state card and a prescription as well as a fingerprint check. So if anyone in the Lake County, Il. area have found a pro Medical Marijuana Doctor, please let me know where I can find one. I need the prescription before I can get registered and have had zero luck with finding a Doc. Sorry I wrote so much, but I really need help with this. I'm used to being the one to help people (as a Firefighter/Paramedic until I got hurt on a call) and now I'm asking for help please.

Thank You
Smokeater116

You'll really need to go through the details of the Illinois program to see 1) if you qualify, and 2) what the specific process is. I'm in Ontario so can't register online and access the specifics for you - but you should have no problem.

From the website, it looks like only the following conditions/illnesses qualify for this program. If you have one of these, you'll be able to get a prescription (assuming you find a doctor to recommend it). If you don't have one of these, you're out of luck unfortunately. Seems like a pretty strict list.

These conditions include: Anorexia Nervosa, Chronic Post Operative Pain, Ehelers-Danlos , Migraine, Neuro-Bahcets Autoimmune Disease, Diabetic Neuropathy, Peripheral Neuropathy, Osteoarthritis, Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome, PTSD, and Polycystic Kidney Disease.

You'll really need to go through the details of the Illinois program to see 1) if you qualify, and 2) what the specific process is. I'm in Ontario so can't register online and access the specifics for you - but you should have no problem.

From the website, it looks like only the following conditions/illnesses qualify for this program. If you have one of these, you'll be able to get a prescription (assuming you find a doctor to recommend it). If you don't have one of these, you're out of luck unfortunately. Seems like a pretty strict list.

These conditions include: Anorexia Nervosa, Chronic Post Operative Pain, Ehelers-Danlos , Migraine, Neuro-Bahcets Autoimmune Disease, Diabetic Neuropathy, Peripheral Neuropathy, Osteoarthritis, Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome, PTSD, and Polycystic Kidney Disease.

Illinois has around 8-10 new conditions they have voted in but aren't in the law yet that will cover me. Chronic pain, depression and P.T.S.D. are in their and when they go into affect, I will be covered. In fact if P.T.S.D. is already cleared, I'm covered as soon as I find a Doc in the area that will write MMJ. (can't drive long distances due to injury and pain). But thank you very much!

Hey Smokeater,
Hope you are successful in finding a doctor to give you a MMJ card. I have quiet a few family members who have them a few in Oregon and 1 in Montana, and they all told me it was not that hard. They were just honest with their doctors and let them know that they feel that MJ is a safer way to medicate their pain. The still keep their prescriptions of narcotics, and only use them in dire emergencies but for the most part they are able to medicate entirely with MJ.

I wish you the best my friend and while I did not live anywhere near where you worked, Thank you for your service.

Back
Top Bottom