How long to lower tolerance for patients?

KbCobra

One of my patients asked me how long does it take for a daily medical marijuana user to drop tolerance to the point using marijuana would feel like "the first time" again. I wasn't sure of the answer....he uses his medicine 3-5 times a day and has for as long as he's been my patient. Which is almost 3 years now. He's a younger guy, 29.

Generally speaking some of if not all of the cannabis metabolites need to be flushed out of human body for a noticeable drop in tolerance.

Ultimately it depends on the particular individual's metabolism and how much body fat he has.

Interesting. I didn't know it was dependant on weight of the person. He's no more then 180lbs. Ball park? I was thinking a month of complete abstanance. He doesn't need to pass a drug test or anything.

When compared to some one with a different body type and much less body fat. (IE: Endomorph vs Ectomorph) Bigger individuals like the one you are referring to need more time to clear out of all the metabolites that have been stored in body fat.

At least a month is generally what it takes for the body to clean out all of the metabolites. Granted the individual has moderate metabolism and is fairly active. For people with a faster metabolism less time will be needed. Regardless of metabolism one month is plenty.

One of my patients asked me how long does it take for a daily medical marijuana user to drop tolerance to the point using marijuana would feel like "the first time" again. I wasn't sure of the answer....he uses his medicine 3-5 times a day and has for as long as he's been my patient. Which is almost 3 years now. He's a younger guy, 29.

Do a Google search for Mangos and Marijuana. Eating Mangoes first will increase the high and make it last longer. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom