Are there any harmful effects of marijuana?

It can allegedly cause some brain developmental issues before if used before the age estimated that the frontal cortex is developed (25ish) frontal cortex is responsible for impulse, and cognitive behaviour. On top of that I know short term memory loss is an effect, but it's reversed if stopped. Permanent damage seems to be difficult to find. Smoking the flower can cause some respiratory irritations via burning, but all studies I have seen that followed smokers showed little to no damage to health with heavy smoking long term.

It's safer than sugar, alcohol, and cigs which a high percentage of people aren't concerned about. It does more good things than bad as well.

It can allegedly cause some brain developmental issues before if used before the age estimated that the frontal cortex is developed (25ish) frontal cortex is responsible for impulse, and cognitive behaviour. On top of that I know short term memory loss is an effect, but it's reversed if stopped. Permanent damage seems to be difficult to find. Smoking the flower can cause some respiratory irritations via burning, but all studies I have seen that followed smokers showed little to no damage to health with heavy smoking long term.

It's safer than sugar, alcohol, and cigs which a high percentage of people aren't concerned about. It does more good things than bad as well.

of course it is safer. The simple fact that it affects the endocanibanoid system (and DOES NOT burn out brain cells) but there is NO lethal dose. You would need consume 1500 lbs in about 15 minutes, and even then you would choke first lol. Also, it does not affect the brain stem where the ODs happen with heavy narcotics that can and do shut down respiration and heart. As with any substance, read, Read, READ, there is a WHOLE education out there but one needs to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

It can allegedly cause some brain developmental issues before if used before the age estimated that the frontal cortex is developed (25ish) frontal cortex.
In addition to that newer studys have shown that as you become older and smoke 30+ years old cbd can actually repair and make memory better. I'll see if I can find a link backing that up. I saw it somewhere.

[Q
In addition to that newer studys have shown that as you become older and smoke 30+ years old cbd can actually repair and make memory better. I'll see if I can find a link backing that up. I saw it somewhere.

UOTE="Dzkilla, post: 4308206, member: 328411"]In addition to that newer studys have shown that as you become older and smoke 30+ years old cbd can actually repair and make memory better. I'll see if I can find a link backing that up. I saw it somewhere.[/QUOTE]

CBD can influence the trippier aspects of sativa dominant THC. There is some evidence that other aspects can be affected but specific ailments can be addressed online. For children I would say no although would rather my kids smoke than drink or use cigs if underage but how does one state that correctly without be encouraging. I think there may be more recent research being done. Seasrch and watch but it should not hurt.

[Q

UOTE="Dzkilla, post: 4308206, member: 328411"]In addition to that newer studys have shown that as you become older and smoke 30+ years old cbd can actually repair and make memory better. I'll see if I can find a link backing that up. I saw it somewhere.

CBD can influence the trippier aspects of sativa dominant THC. There is some evidence that other aspects can be affected but specific ailments can be addressed online. For children I would say no although would rather my kids smoke than drink or use cigs if underage but how does one state that correctly without be encouraging. I think there may be more recent research being done. Seasrch and watch but it should not hurt.[/QUOTE]

Also, I am a heavy user and it is NOT good for my memory. That dissappears after a time, but there ARE negatives, and of course the driving. One needs to understand that the memory effects are to me the worst part of it. But I have to live with it. Beats 200 Tylenol-3s a week!!!

CBD can influence the trippier aspects of sativa dominant THC. There is some evidence that other aspects can be affected but specific ailments can be addressed online. For children I would say no although would rather my kids smoke than drink or use cigs if underage but how does one state that correctly without be encouraging. I think there may be more recent research being done. Seasrch and watch but it should not hurt.

I've come to understand that cbd is counteracting the thc actually bringing you down from the high if it is 1:1 than the couch lock is real and the body does some crazy stuff. I take cbd nightly to sleep and ease inflammation.

The only negative side effect that I myself have experienced is the short term memory loss. If I am interrupted while explaining something I will loose my train of thought. Also while cooking when high I do some of my best cooking but I have to constantly second guess everything. I find myself preparing to preheat the oven and I end up looking in the refrigerator wondering what I'm looking for LOL.
Small price to pay for less stress and anxiety.

I've come to understand that cbd is counteracting the thc actually bringing you down from the high if it is 1:1 than the couch lock is real and the body does some crazy stuff. I take cbd nightly to sleep and ease inflammation.

If anything, I believe you might need a high CBD percentage (upwards of 5 to 10 %) to be effective. The whole idea if you have not used it much would be get friend and endulge. Preferably someone that has used it before, but be cautious as I had a high CBD strian once and it was really SEDATING. Felt great but my legs felt really heavy. I would not have even tried to drive with that stuff.

I always a leery of claims of high CBD, although they may be accurate. The thing is, the ingredient (or cannabnoid) most prevalent in regular hemp is CBD. How potent % is I have never looked into but THC would be very low but I have found CBD seeds hard to get going. The fact that they were all free seeds
with purchase, well read into that what you will but it may have just be me not being good but that is my experience. Probably if I bought seeds like that they may be easier to start.

Well I'm 62 now, and found cannabis when I was a teen aged drunk, in 1971. If I had NOT found weed, I would have been dead by 1972 or 1973.
That cool I do not give a flying fuck attitude that alcohol can deliver to your head, can be lethal....and more so at 12-13 years old.
Cannabis, did just the opposite to my brain. I went to trade school, found I loved working steel, then went chasing better work opportunities, and built a world for myself.
So the darkside would be as another posted up already, the law.

Yes, there are complication from overindulging (to much of a good thing) l guess? Headaches are commonplace and not easy to get rid of. As well as dry mouth and red eyes. These can b delt with
Easy..... by not overdoing it. IMO

It make you wonder 30 years on if you could have bought a house with all the money you spent on weed..... Ouch.
Lousy hindsight and it's perfect vision.

Red eyes, dry mouth, confusion, anxiety and paranoia (sometimes extreme), forgetfulness, munchies, dopey hangovers...

Not all people have these issues though, and pretty well all these problems can be avoided if you choose the strains that best suit you.

Become aware of the basic difference in effects between sativa and indica, and also check out vaping, edibles, and concentrates.

Back
Top Bottom