Does having a medical card affect your permanent record?

sjsays

I was just wondering if having a medical marijuana card stays on your permanent record. Because if it goes on your permanent record wont employers be able to see that you have a card and may not hire you. I live in California and i was debating to get one but I am not sure.

Even if they can look at your medical records, I think they could probably get in a lot of trouble if they don't hire you just because you have a card.

-jps :peace:

I don't know, the court stood with an employer when he fired a card carrier for failing a drug test. I do agree with DaMagoMan that an employer should have no access to your Medical records. Don't go without meds because of a concern of your permanent record.
:passitleft:

I don't know, the court stood with an employer when he fired a card carrier for failing a drug test. I do agree with DaMagoMan that an employer should have no access to your Medical records. Don't go without meds because of a concern of your permanent record.
:passitleft:

Really? Wow, that's brutal. Fired for taking your medicine. Poor guy.
-jps :peace:

Ok so I heard from a friend that if you take a drug test while trying to get a job and you fail it, it goes on your permanent record for future employers and all to see. another friend told me thats hogwash and not true at all. it doesnt go on your permanent record. im wondering which is true...please i need some help right away!

....that never happened to me.

I was told that the results were confidential with the company.
it was never put on any record.

I failed one and lost my job over it because they told me they would pay for me to go to rehab...

but then they changed their minds and were going to make me pay for it and I would be randomly drug tested for 2 years after I came back....it just wasnt worth it
so I split.

If it were true, who would hold this "permanent record?"

You know,
that got me thinking and it seems there really isn't a "Record".
The Care provider seems to have the record/s and
unless they report it to the MIB, Medical Information Board/Bureau,
Where insurance companies get their information.
They( care provider) maintain it for ever.

They cannot give out any information without you signing the HIPPA consent forms now.

Look at it this way. Lets say you get sick, and they have to do genetic tests to find out what they need to know. These test show you have a 40% increased risk of a stroke or something.

This insurance company reads these genetic results, and eventually, drops your coverage. Now you can't get insurance at all because the first company flagged you (there may be no reason for the red flag, just a flag) After that, you go to get a new job, and the insurer of the hiring company tells them not to hire you, you are a risk. You don't know why you didn't get the job, you just didn't get it. (After all, employers want to keep their healthcare costs low, why wouldn't they get in bed with their insurers?)

Or better yet, you see a crazy doctor a few times, and can never find gainful employment again. You are too much of a risk. Information is power, and we give away our information like we never owned it to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom