My cat likes fresh leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

lushgreen

No it doesn't get the cat high but she likes to chew on and rub her face on the freshly pruned leaves.
Has anyone else found this sort of thing with their pet?

One of my cats loves them too. She likes salad basically, but cannabis leaves are a treat for her :)

My rottweilers love leafs I have to take them out side into front trash or they will make a huge mess trying to get to them. They will break down any fence I put up to eat cucumbers I grow out side as well. so have to grow all inside. So far they have not broke room doors down.

My rottweilers love leafs I have to take them out side into front trash or they will make a huge mess trying to get to them. They will break down any fence I put up to eat cucumbers I grow out side as well. so have to grow all inside. So far they have not broke room doors down.

LOL, never heard of dogs eating cucumbers! Knew an Italian from Europe and he fed his dogs tomatoes. :yahoo:

My cat always accompanies me when I'm tending to my plants, I'd love to let him have a leaf as he seems to love them, but read a good few places online that they're toxic. Can anyone offer any concrete proof for/against?

Animals seem to love cannabis/leaves. Never heard of the leaves being toxic. Unless chems have been sprayed on them. Be cautious of dropped buds, etc. They might disappear and you're pet is euphoric.

I've had to trim some failing leaves/branches on my grow, and have eaten some myself, and honestly, it's quite tasty just as a plant without trichomes etc...

So I had 2 small leaves left over and gave them to my prairie dogs, they freaking LOVED them. There was no sniffing around, checking it out or taste testing from them. They got one sniff and immediately took them and munched them down fast.

So I know where all my fan leaves are going for harvest time :) I have a few chinchillas and a dog as well, who will be offered a taste next. (I gave them to the prairie dogs first, since they're less sensitive than chinchillas to most other plants and such)

I found this a funny post too. If I let it, my cat eats all my plant´s leafs but won´t eat any stems. First, I thought it was funny but now I have to make sure the cat is far away from the plants and this became somewhat difficult to manage.
I think cats know by instinct what is good for them to eat and also never heard about mj being toxic to them.

Well I don't have a cat but I got 2 chihuaha's who freak out for leaves they love fan leaves they get at least 1-3 each a night sometimes more it was a problem when they were pups i lost 2 cherry pie cuts and 2 gsc cuts sucked cuz they were the only four i bought cuz thats all that was left plus I owned a French bulldog that would scrounge for buds since puppyhood eventually I would just give it to her b4 bed when I had my bed time sesh she would wine and yelp if she didn't get any

From my understanding, THC isn't readily absorbed by the body from just eating raw MJ plant material, even ripe buds. The THC has to be dissolved in an oil like butter so that the bile in the intestines break it down to something that can be absorbed? Cat still goes crazy over fresh leaves, rubs herself all over the plant if she can.

My cats loves the smell of weed. Always tries to rub up on it. I've never given him any tho. I'll stick to his cat nip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom