Seeking help

swc19972000

I’m not sure if I'm posting in the right forum. I'm new to this website.

I currently live in North Carolina, and know of a lady in another state (not in Arizona, California, Colorado, Maine, Michigan, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, or Washington) whose dog was diagnosed with cancer. She administered medical cannabis oil to her dog for three weeks, and her dog is supposedly now cancer free.

While I have never used marijuana, any recreational drugs, or even any form of tobacco so far, I have never opposed the medicinal use of marijuana. And after learning about its benefits, if used properly, I became a supporter.

Three days ago, my 9 year-old female Black Lab-Pittie mix was diagnosed with lung cancer. The day after Christmas, I had to have one of my beloved cats euthanized after a 9-month battle with sarcoma. I would have given her medical cannabis if I could have obtained it. I have lost five other loved ones (four human, one animal) to cancer, and now I am faced with the possibility again.

I assume that the reason medical cannabis dispensaries haven’t been legalized in more states has to do with politics, but it’s outrageous and infuriating because it can come down to a matter of life or death. It’s no different from the controlled substances prescribed by doctors and dispensed at conventional pharmacies. ??

To summarize, my 9 year-old female Black Lab-Pittie mix was diagnosed with lung cancer. I am looking for a doctor/veterinarian and/or dispensary who will prescribe medical cannabis for my dog.

Is there anything I can do? If so, what can I do?

How can I legally get her treatment with medical cannabis?

Thank you.

I know some Vets in So. Cal. that give cannabis concentrated oil for cases of cancer. I have no idea of N. Carolina MJ laws. I do know the oil works. Hopefully someone who lives in your state can chime in. GL

Thank you very much for your response. : -) I am very interested in getting more information about that. I have been researching vets in or around Long Beach who can dispense cannabis for cases of cancer. My half brother lives in Long Beach, and I was hoping that he would help guide me. That hasn't happened yet, but hopefully he will respond soon.

I know some Vets in So. Cal. that give cannabis concentrated oil for cases of cancer. I have no idea of N. Carolina MJ laws. I do know the oil works. Hopefully someone who lives in your state can chime in. GL

Looks like its working out .... make sure when you start medicating its a very small dose (SMALL) and increase gradually. They will lick it off your fingers (they have receptors for cannabinoids as we do) and they love it. After the 1st couple of times of being a little unstable they build their tolerance up and you need to keep raising the tolerance level to keep up with the mutating cancer cells. Make sure you get some excellent concentrated oil and stay away from the bunk. GL

Thank you, GL. :) Do you know where I could find a list of vets in any of the 11 states where it's legal, particularly Maine? Thank you. :)

The Vets I know don't write prescriptions/recommendations if that is what u mean. They have told friends (horses in this case) to get concentrated cannabis oil for treatment. Just letting you know the Cannabis Oil works. Sry, don't have a list.

Back
Top Bottom