Cat with cataracts has natural obsession for dried cannabis sun leaves....

WildRosebud

My cat has the first stages of cataracts and I did not notice till I noticed she chews on leaves. I often wonder why she was so skittish around people she does not know. I test her eye sight regularily and will monitor her pupil dilation in response to soft light in her eyes. I am also considering incorporating dry cannabis with soft cat food to see if her eyes swelling reduces , if I see her inner eye lids start to close I will know we are gaining some recovery. I think she has glaucoma cus her inner eyelids do not close. She also has slight fogging that makes me suspect cataracts. I love this cat so much she saved my life from a dark place I owe her some solid care! Any advice would be fantastic :) Namaste all!

Well I am refraining from doing anything with cannabis with her till I get some advice.... I do not want her to get sick or be distressed eh.

Hello wildrosebud, sorry to hear about your cats illness. i see that no one has been able to get to your post yet so i thought i would give my 2 cents. From the experience i have, ive never seen a cat get sick or distressed by ingesting the leafs on their own will. i have seen cats get distressed from having to much smoke blown into their face in a hotboxed room (do not try this). the very first window grow that i did my cat pretty much pruned the bottom of my lady for me. every day id come home there would be another fan leaf half chewed on (clearly the cat) also caught him several times rubbing on it and chewing on it. never punished him, figured he knew it was a good plant so i wasnt going to be greedy with my window lady :) however now a' days i have a full closed off room dedicated to one and a closed off tent for the others (no cat hair on the ladys)

so when it comes to dosage, i believe fan leafs would be almost impossible for her to get distressed from, your kitty may throw up if it eats to much fan leafs (just like eating grass outside) but if your looking for a medicinal stand point, i have only heard of cbd and thc being cooked into basic treats. could also try to infuse some rso into wet cat food, mix in with some hard cat food and it should be absorbed through the stomach if we can figure out how to infuse water or milk with rso that would be perfect for the rso to be absorbed through the liver.

my two thoughts, take it with a grain of salt (still teaching myself about medicating the companions.)

Remember the goal is to not get your Cat "high" , so do not make the milk the same strength you make your butter. start out small, you can always add more later.

Let me know how this goes as me and another member are currently trying to find a way to medicate animals like humans do with the "tacking" method.

GFc

My cat grazed on the lower leaves. Loved them and ate them for years! He'd then roll over with all 4 legs in the air and sun under the HID. Well he went out one day a few months ago and never cam back. Like you that dude has seen my through some life events He was all white and deaf. He had a great life!
Here he is in his favorite spot:
IMG_031719.jpg

Remember the goal is to not get your Cat "high" , so do not make the milk the same strength you make your butter. start out small, you can always add more later.

Let me know how this goes as me and another member are currently trying to find a way to medicate animals like humans do with the "tacking" method.

GFc

I will make it weak with the cat milk I will base off amount I use per 750 mL compare her weight to mine and reduce her potency by %, I do not think she would let me tack oil on her gums she is mean lol

Just used calculator and according to recipe her dose would be less than 1 gram per 750 mL of cat milk for her body size , that should be easy to dose eh?

I have been helping a friend medicate their cat for a (waste-a-way) illness the cat seems to have no appetite and is losing weight extremely fast. Let this be noted, his cat is fully domesticated. goes outside but does not wonder away from the porch area (usually just lays in the sun) we are able to get his cat to sit calmly on our laps and put some RSO on a end of a toothpick (we cut the spike to make it a blunt end) and are able to rub it on his gums. now if you do not want to risk poking ur companion then the next best option would to be putting it on your pinky or getting a silicon type pencil shaped device that you can place it on and rub without it hurting them. will let u know if we can figure out a more ideal way to medicate cats as most are not as calm as 'Kush'

let me know how the milk treatment goes. for my friends cat that may be the better method, but for cats and dogs trying to fight tumors i feel the gum method will be needed.

I been leaving leaves laying around just fan leaves and she casually munches them still. Just leaving extra out for her lately so if she feels the urge to mow down she can. Had a look at her eyes and her eye lids inside are visible! She still can not close them though :( just see the edges of them. I will repost in a week to see if there is a change. Before I was denying her the leaves now I let her do as she pleases just to see. She never gets high and that I like a lot and if I make the cat milk I am afraid it will make her high. Last thing I need is for my Monkey not to trust me! <3

Hi WildRosebud,

Your CBD strains to the rescue! That will reduce the eye swelling immensely. I have a Yorkie that weighs about 10 lbs. We keep her fit with just two licks of our concentrate after we are done dosing (the sticky film left on the finger). Just one lick at the start, then two max. Today I'm hooking up with a vet (stage 3 breast cancer). I look forward to a long future working with this Vet and learning to dose animals properly. Although I do some work with other Vets they are far away. This is local so can do a lot of hands on. I'm excited and looking forward to this with much anticipation. We love our pets! Male leaves have 3-5 percent CBD, thinking that would certainly help with the eye swelling. You know the drill compadre, slow at the start and build up.

I wish she would lick my fingers or take food from my hand... Since CBD is what I am after I am gonna just make Hemp oil and lace food with that for her. I will put it in food she can not resist hehe ty Motoco!

Back
Top Bottom