Pets With Epilepsy

Received a call yesterday from a delivery service/caretaker friend yesterday. His dog (didn't mention what breed) suffers from 40-50 seizures a day. When we first discussed this I recommended a high CBD strain, in this case Harlequin as it is readily available in the community. He got some and applied to the dogs gum twice a day. The very first day the dog seizures cut back to about 30, the next day about 20 or less, the third day 3-5 and the fourth day 0! A month has gone by now with NO seizures. He also has been able to use less concentrate now. Initially the doses have been a 1/4th grain of rice (only because he applied to the gums) now the dose amount is 1/8 grain of rice. One day the application on the gums was rushed and the dog became slightly euphoric (low THC). This is why it is important for small doses. That was the only hiccup and he admitted he rushed the application. Another win for the concentrated cannabis oil! A very happy pet owner to be sure :high-five:

Update-Black Lab, 92 lbs. Has had 2 seizures in 3 days due to the owner working overtime and missing a dosage and they where very mild compared to the old ones.

Just getting into to pets/horses ( almost a year on some horses). Have a lady treating her mixed lab with mouth cancer and some horses with skin cancer. No books written yet so we are winging it ( in a safe manner of course). All are doing much better. A grey horse who had a tumor by its left rear flank by was the size of a golf ball and is almost gone after 2 month treatment. Animals, pets, humans, the concentrated oil does its magic.

Din't know that cannabis could be used to heal a pet...nice find XD

That's amazing! I wish there was more research available for home treatment for animals. There is only so much a vet can do (and then it gets really really expensive). My elderly dog, within a year, developed a thyroid problem, went blind, lost teeth, lost fur due to scaly skin, and now is starting to have periodic seizures. The vet can only give us medicine for the thyroid. But frankly, that's the least of my worries. She isn't THAT old so I feel like there has to be a way to improve her quality of life. (She's 12- her breed lives until about 19).

We've heard of a Vet using the cannbinoid THCA to treat pets with Epilepsy. THCA has doesn't have any psychotropic effects and from the studies we've read, THCA does treat some forms of epilepsy, so it may be worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom