Help with dosing for a kitty

liika

Hi all!
Can you please help me doing the right dosage for my kitty?
He weights 4 kilos...how many grams of butter should i use to mix 1 gram of the oil?And should i melt the butter first?
And what the daily dose should be?

Re: How to Dose Correctly Using Rick Simpson Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Hi liika,

Not familiar using the butter and the oil, perhaps someone who is can chime in. I do know you have to use very very small does, like a little tiny dot and work your way up with caution.

Hi all!
Can you please help me doing the right dosage for my kitty?
He weights 4 kilos...how many grams of butter should i use to mix 1 gram of the oil?And should i melt the butter first?
And what the daily dose should be?

Hi liika,

Not familiar using the butter and the oil, perhaps someone who is can chime in. I do know you have to use very very small does, like a little tiny dot and work your way up with caution.

Hey! Well yes i do have to use tiny dot,but to be more exact i plan mix it with ordinary butter,so it wont be that concentrated,and it will be more easy to dose..but how much butter,is the question :)

Sorry, I don't do butter. Someone that does would know in the edibles who use it. I just don't think butter is that healthy for your cat. I would use to dilute the concentrate with grapeseed oil. Odorless, tasteless and much better than butter for the kitty. It is less than five bucks a bottle and last a long time. I use that to make my concentrate pliable for topical applications. What ever the amount of oil use the same amount of grapeseed oil for your kitty. In my opinion butter would totally be out of the equation because of the high fat content. Especially after watching 'Wild Hogs' 'joke of the day'.

Hey! Well yes i do have to use tiny dot,but to be more exact i plan mix it with ordinary butter,so it wont be that concentrated,and it will be more easy to dose..but how much butter,is the question :)

sorry, lilka, I can not help you with dosage either. that all depends on the potency of the product that is being administered.
I do hope you came to a conclusion or course of action... you could use coconut oil.

hoping the little cat is good.

Got you. Mix one gram of oil to one gram of grapeseed oil as an example. If your using a oral syringe 1ml/1ml (50/50). I would suggest using grape seed oil instead of butter, even in small doses. Hope this helps

Hugs Liika,

Cats and dogs naturally enjoy munching on fresh greens. Cats will nibble fresh grass, catnip and cannabis leaves. Perhaps you can supplement your sick kitty's diet with a fresh leaf each day. My 15 year old chihuahua takes his own leaf off a plant once a day if he needs it. He doesn't require a leaf a day anymore as he's become more active, so he won't medicate himself. He's about the same size as your kitty.

Another way you can medicate your sick kitty is by brewing a tea and mixing about 5 grams (1 teaspoon) of the brew with 100 grams (~1/2 cup) of milk. If your kitty is old with elderly issues, use a high CBD strain. If your kitty has tumors or cancer, use a high THC strain for the brew. My signature includes an easy tea brew.

As for concentrated cannabis oil, you can mix a tiny dab with a little bit of tuna oil from a can of tuna in oil. All kitties find tuna simply irresistible.

:circle-of-love:

Thank you all for replying,but sadly,and shortly after my first post we had to put him out of his misery..his body was exhausted,and we couldnt even try the oil for more than 10 days...
420 Motoco , can you please PM me? i have a question,and cannot sent PM's ...

Thank you all for replying,but sadly,and shortly after my first post we had to put him out of his misery..his body was exhausted,and we couldnt even try the oil for more than 10 days...
420 Motoco , can you please PM me? i have a question,and cannot sent PM's ...

i'm sorry to hear this :(

I haven't thought of giving medical marijuana to pets. This is something new for me. I suppose that should be very small dose for a start and to see what will happen.

Back
Top Bottom