Cannibas Oil for Dog

Daisysmom

I need help PLEASE!!!! My dog has been diagnosed with cancer. She is a 19 pound dachshund and was diagnosed on 4/30 with breast cancer which they believe has mastasized to her lymphnodes too. About 2 weeks ago I started her on cannabis oil, hemp seed, and a raw food diet (I do not have immediate access to the oil so I had to wait for it to get to me). I am having a REALLY hard time dealing with the consistency of the oil. I am not sure how to work with it.

Is there an easier way to administer it to her? I am currently just pushing a small amount (about the size of a half a grain of rice) out of the syringe and cutting it off with a knife and TRYING to put it in her food. Half the time it sticks on the knife and then smears everywhere which makes it impossible to get into her food. I am just beside myself.

She is my registered (through the Veterans Administration) service animal. I am a disabled vet and need her in my life!!!! There are so many "vets" out there faking disabilities that getting services animals anymore is so damn expensive and almost impossible. I am doing everything possible to save her life. I know it is a long shot but I want to try everything possible!!! Can anyone help me????

I would think putting it directly onto a treat or on a piece of food would work. I have never tried, but if your dog is like mine, she will eat anything. Also, I know people use a "tacking" method under their lips directly to the gums. Maybe g**gle tacking cannabis oil and see if you can find any info. If not I believe there is a thread on cannabis oil in one of the forums on here. It also tells you how to make it yourself. Good luck! Thank you for your service!
GB80

We make doggie treats their all natural and organic. We use all natural ingredients and I make canna olive oil and butter. My boy is hard to medicate, this way he just thinks it is a treat and he loves them. I also make some with glucosamine in theme for his hip dysplasia.

You can usually get a peice of white chocolate (which is fine for almost all dogs) or a nice biscuit. Chew it up yourself, then wrap the sticky mess around the oil so that it's in the center of it. You're furry friend will lap it up.

It's a messy approach but it works for me everytime.

Hope all is well?

Back
Top Bottom