Three dogs - one eats weed

Am I a bad parent

• Ok for dog to eat stems

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Not ok for dogs to eat stems

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Germy

I have a 115 lb Doberman named Enzo, a 9 lb Pomeraniannamed mittens and a 35 lb minadour(miniature lab, I made it up) named pickles. The big and little give two shits about being around the grow or the dried weed. Pickles though, loves it all. She is in the tent when I water, and just gets really excited to go downstairs every night. The other dogs want cheweys, pickles stands by the door. I keep the basement clean of all debris, nothing she can get into. She just sits there and smells everything with a wagging tail. Now when trim time comes, she gets mischievous. We will be cutting and notice she's gone, I'll go into the other room and she'll is always gnawing on a stem. For a healthy dog that does not need medicine, is this bad? Am I being an irresponsible owner? I do not notice any odd signs after, she just goes to bed with me. Is there anything I should know? I'm not the kind of guy who thinks its funny to get a dog high. I just want to make sure that she is ok doing this.

I have two chihuahua. The elderly longhair chihuahua loves to help me prune and sniff my soil for impurities. Cannadog shares high CBD infused cookies with me as they help with his arthritis and anxiety issues. He loves the stuff so much that he will bounce on furniture to get to the CBD cookies. I thought I misplaced a sandwich bag full of cookies only to find it 2 days later buried under Cannadog's blanket. Half of the cookies were gone. No wonder Cannadog was so mellow and chill!
cannadog2.png

Cannadog nomming his daily leaf

My other chihuahua is a 3 year old shorthair chocolate. This dog does not like cannabis at all. His drug of choice is my son's sweaty Nike's just after my son has taken his shoes off. He get's truly punch drunk on sweaty shoes like a cat on catnip.
chocolatedog.png

I'm trying to pry Chocolatte from a sweaty Nike

Good to hear! I guess we all have a weird one. My Pom is 10 and having problems chewing hard kibble. She is also having trouble jumping into bed. I wonder if a cookie could help her? Canna dog is hilarious! I have a shoe eater too. Really, anything that I have touched. I always know where to look when missing socks, she makes a nest under my bed(Pom). Nuttyprofessor, yeah, she's definitely lab! Sticks, hard bones, always chewing! I'm glad I have nothing to worry about! Thanks!

I have two chihuahua. The elderly longhair chihuahua loves to help me prune and sniff my soil for impurities. Cannadog shares high CBD infused cookies with me as they help with his arthritis and anxiety issues. He loves the stuff so much that he will bounce on furniture to get to the CBD cookies. I thought I misplaced a sandwich bag full of cookies only to find it 2 days later buried under Cannadog's blanket. Half of the cookies were gone. No wonder Cannadog was so mellow and chill!
cannadog2.png

Cannadog nomming his daily leaf

My other chihuahua is a 3 year old shorthair chocolate. This dog does not like cannabis at all. His drug of choice is my son's sweaty Nike's just after my son has taken his shoes off. He get's truly punch drunk on sweaty shoes like a cat on catnip.
chocolatedog.png

I'm trying to pry Chocolatte from a sweaty Nike
is your chocolatte an apple head? My friend has one, head structure looks the same.

is your chocolatte an apple head? My friend has one, head structure looks the same.

I guess you could say he has an apple shaped head. Chocolatte's head structure is thicker and heavier than Cannadog.

I have a daschund who always 'helps' with the gardening and she gets the sticks after I harvest. She'll make an absolute mess out of it then roll all over the mess lol. I also Have an old min pin that also can't really chew hard food or get up on the bed. Maybe I'll check out the biscuits. She's very picky, even turns her nose up at table scraps sometimes but I'm sure my doxie won't mind lol!

image30122.jpg
New dog question. My Pom has lost two pounds and hasn't eaten going into 5 days. After the second morning of no food, I made a vet appointment. No abdominal masses, thank god. But they did find a stone the size of my thumb in an X-ray . I took her in today for surgery. She is out of it. She peed on my pillow that I made into a nest for her. I know she is still sedated, but am worried. No food interest, hoping it is the anesthitia . Any vets or vet techs? Could cannabis help her appetite? I'm not jumping the gun yet, I want to see if she eats tomorrow. I spent 1400 on surgery with friend discount(parents friend), so I'll stop at nothing to get her healthy. I don't want to blow weed smoke in her little mouth, I don't have any concentrates. Maybe make some firecrackers? I don't want her destroyed, just hungry. Again, it's soon after surgery, so I'll give it till tomorrow. Please post if you have any knowledgeable info, this is my baby, closest thing I'll ever have to a kid. Been through a lot together��

Phoning your vet would be the best plan of action. Your vet has intimate knowledge of what was done to her, her anesthesia, and her condition. Your dog might not eat or throw-up if she did eat with anesthesia still in her system. Cannabis and surgical anesthesia may not be a good combination.

In the mean time, don't treat her with cannabis until you find out more about her condition from your vet.

Yeah, the vet is checking in tomorrow, I'm just worried. They may even have an appetite helping pill. She's just so small. 5 days with no food is bad. I'll just keep an eye on her till tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom