Thread: RSO with Magical Butter Machine?

Post Thanks / Like

RSO with Magical Butter Machine?

I'm sorry if this is already posted - I don't have the time or energy to keep searching today.

Our dog Jack who we treat like a second child just got a cancer diagnosis - tumors on his lungs in the X-rays & it looks like it may have spread from somewhere else. I'm waiting now for the oncologist office to open so I can make an appt to find out more.

I'm going to quickly put together the equipment I need to make some RSO.

But, I need some advice - and encouragement.

Does anyone have an opinion on the original RSO instructions on the Phoenix Tears website vs. the MSO instructions on the magical butter machine website?

I have a butter machine & have made coconut oil for medibles, but now I want to go all the way to the RSO for this.

I have Everclear on hand. The Naptha I read about scares me & 99% ISO is hard to get here.
    For the Phoenix Tears instructions, I'd have to get a rice cooker & coffee warmer - and I guess a digital thermometer to make sure I'm at the right temps. Not a problem, but I do have the butter machine on hand.

I feel like I only have one shot at this so I'm terrified I'm going to mess it up.

Advice please.

(And, this has been a horrible 30 days - my husband caught some minor possession charges, FIL died of cancer, I found out I have early (as in I should be too young to have them) cataracts - and now this cancer is the absolute worst news I could have received. If I believed in such things, I'd say we were cursed.)

Sherry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RSO with Magical Butter Machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Seeds View Post
    I'm sorry if this is already posted - I don't have the time or energy to keep searching today.

Our dog Jack who we treat like a second child just got a cancer diagnosis - tumors on his lungs in the X-rays & it looks like it may have spread from somewhere else. I'm waiting now for the oncologist office to open so I can make an appt to find out more.

I'm going to quickly put together the equipment I need to make some RSO.

But, I need some advice - and encouragement.

Does anyone have an opinion on the original RSO instructions on the Phoenix Tears website vs. the MSO instructions on the magical butter machine website?

I have a butter machine & have made coconut oil for medibles, but now I want to go all the way to the RSO for this.

I have Everclear on hand. The Naptha I read about scares me & 99% ISO is hard to get here.
    For the Phoenix Tears instructions, I'd have to get a rice cooker & coffee warmer - and I guess a digital thermometer to make sure I'm at the right temps. Not a problem, but I do have the butter machine on hand.

I feel like I only have one shot at this so I'm terrified I'm going to mess it up.

Advice please.

(And, this has been a horrible 30 days - my husband caught some minor possession charges, FIL died of cancer, I found out I have early (as in I should be too young to have them) cataracts - and now this cancer is the absolute worst news I could have received. If I believed in such things, I'd say we were cursed.)

Sherry
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. I think you're worrying too much about the process of making RSO. It's quite easy. All you need to do is soak your bud/trim/kief in the alcohol solution for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. I'd recommend using isopropyl alcohol (99%alcohol/1%water).Then strain the material out through a coffee filter or something of the likes. The alcohol that passes through the filter is then heated up at a low temperature in a well ventilated room until it reaches your desired consistency. This could take a few hours depending on how much alcohol has to be evaporated. What you're left with is RSO. Collect with a syringe and store in a cool, dark place. You can do a second run on the leftover material also. I hope this helps you out somewhat. Give your dog a hug for me 😁✌🏻

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marky86 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. I think you're worrying too much about the process of making RSO. It's quite easy. All you need to do is soak your bud/trim/kief in the alcohol solution for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. I'd recommend using isopropyl alcohol (99%alcohol/1%water).Then strain the material out through a coffee filter or something of the likes. The alcohol that passes through the filter is then heated up at a low temperature in a well ventilated room until it reaches your desired consistency. This could take a few hours depending on how much alcohol has to be evaporated. What you're left with is RSO. Collect with a syringe and store in a cool, dark place. You can do a second run on the leftover material also. I hope this helps you out somewhat. Give your dog a hug for me ��✌��
    Thanks - I overthink everything.

Have you used RSO successfully with anything like this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Seeds View Post
    Thanks - I overthink everything.

Have you used RSO successfully with anything like this?
    Not personally to be honest. If you're ever stuck just look for videos on YouTube. It certainly makes things a lot easier when there's someone on video in front of ya explaining exactly what to do. I hope everything works out ok for you.