Question does cannabis lower heart rate?

TheRza

I was wondering if smoking weed would lower your heart rate i've looked on google sites but they said it doubles the pulse i never felt it rising i mean it seems like it slows down the heart rate and lowers pulse ive been having high heart rates and high pulse above 105 which is bad would thc lower the heart rate and pulse is the question.

also depends on whether it's indica or sativa...
indica may lower, while sativa may increase...
however some people can drink a cup of coffee and go to sleep, so it's really a case by case situation...

for decades I been using a biofeedback machine and since I am a mad scientist I often would smoke to induce different results, with different weed.

just like said, indica down..sativa up. I personally like the mixes offered at our sponsors sights. g-13-trainwreck......thai/hawaiian sativa. these do not cause any ill effect with bp or or heart rate for me. some sativas wil make my heart skip beats. kinda scary, so I stay away from those.

hush

I think that it depends on the strain, honestly. I have a heart condition & my heart rate is naturally VERY high. I notice that when I smoke an indica that there is no noticeable change, but my cardio has told me to try and smoke an hour or more within taking my heart meds so I don't feel a drastic difference in my heart rate. I do know that if I smoke a sativa, that I feel like it speeds up a little.

Personally, I stay away from most sativas unless I know for a fact that I do okay with them or they are in a hybrid that is indica dominant. It was just a matter of me getting to know my body and my meds and finding out what worked the best. Everyone is going to be different.

If you want to do a real experiment, they sell blood pressure cuffs at CVS, Rite Aid, etc for under $30. I have one myself & they are super easy to use.

I was wondering if smoking weed would lower your heart rate i've looked on google sites but they said it doubles the pulse i never felt it rising i mean it seems like it slows down the heart rate and lowers pulse ive been having high heart rates and high pulse above 105 which is bad would thc lower the heart rate and pulse is the question.

I believe it does, although I think that is the long-term effect of using it. I think it might increase your heart rate at the time of smoking it. I had my pulse checked today along with BP. My heart rate was 47bpm. I smoke daily via bong:thumb:.

All of these responses are appreciated as well as the question being posted! Myself and my brother believe that it does usually slightly lower the heart rate within a few minutes after smoking. I have also sometimes seen a little lowering of the blood pressure. It does seem to be highly variable and inconsistent for me. I think when It relaxes my mind it lowers my rate/pressure slightly. If It speeds my mind up or I take too much and cough, or start to actively move around, I loose that effect, at least temporarily. I will have to be more observant in the future about this.

Back
Top Bottom