Stomach pains when smoking!

Allenlol

Hi guys and girls,

OK so I have been smoking for about six months or so now and love it. But the last month and a half hasn't been so great. About a month and a half ago me and a friend were hanging out and we decided to smoke like 3 blunts. But on the second blunt I started feeling real bad and like I was going to throw up. So I took a drink of soda and then I vomited all over the place then fell asleep. Ever since that day I've had insane nausea and always feeling like I have to burp. I've been to the doc about 3 times and none of them can't figure it out. But over the pass few weeks it's gotten alot better while I'm sober. But every time I smoke now I get this very very very odd feeling in my stomach and I feel like I'm going to vomit. But I normally only burp. And after I get done being blazed and I'm just high I feel just fine! I can't figure it out. And I don't want to have to quit smoking since I love it so much.

Any help would be great! :peace:

Smoking technique is a learning process. All I can say is, do you burp up smoke ever? That is a sign that you are swallowing the smoke and not just inhaling the smoke. Id suggest smaller hits if that is the case, 2 or 3 smaller hits is just as good as taking 1 giant hit, especially if your stomach hurts. Also, do you smoke cigerettes at all? What kind of blunts are they? Are they blunt wraps or are they cigars? Cigar tabacco is not meant to be inhaled into the lungs and if you havent smoked Cigars that much you can get yourself sick, and that goes for tabacco as well, smoking cigar tabacco to me is like taking hits of unfiltered cigarettes, and I dont smoke cigarettes so it makes me feel a little sick. I have known quite a few friends who said they smoke all the time, but they dont smoke tabacco at all and when theyve taken hits off a blunt, they get dizzy or headaches and some of them even feel sick. I dont want to call it an allergy, but it could be.

Sorry if this doesnt help you much. Its hard to pinpoint what it could possibly be. Are you on any medications that you would be willing to discuss? Personally though I would stay off the blunts for a bit. I would also take smaller hits and deffinetly go a little easier on it. One other possibility is the type of bud you are smoking. Some people do have reactions to different fertilizers the grower has used. That is another possibility. If the plants arent flushed properly or lets say they were using pesticides, well I would deffinetly find out what you are smoking before taking hits of the stuff, especially if you are having health issues. Some people are just more sensitive to different chemicals. If your pipe is real dirty I would clean it for a cleaner hit, although I like to build up resin and tar on my pipe, sometimes that stuff even gives me a headache.

Smoking technique is a learning process. All I can say is, do you burp up smoke ever? That is a sign that you are swallowing the smoke and not just inhaling the smoke. Id suggest smaller hits if that is the case, 2 or 3 smaller hits is just as good as taking 1 giant hit, especially if your stomach hurts. Also, do you smoke cigerettes at all? What kind of blunts are they? Are they blunt wraps or are they cigars? Cigar tabacco is not meant to be inhaled into the lungs and if you havent smoked Cigars that much you can get yourself sick, and that goes for tabacco as well, smoking cigar tabacco to me is like taking hits of unfiltered cigarettes, and I dont smoke cigarettes so it makes me feel a little sick. I have known quite a few friends who said they smoke all the time, but they dont smoke tabacco at all and when theyve taken hits off a blunt, they get dizzy or headaches and some of them even feel sick. I dont want to call it an allergy, but it could be.

Sorry if this doesnt help you much. Its hard to pinpoint what it could possibly be. Are you on any medications that you would be willing to discuss? Personally though I would stay off the blunts for a bit. I would also take smaller hits and deffinetly go a little easier on it. One other possibility is the type of bud you are smoking. Some people do have reactions to different fertilizers the grower has used. That is another possibility. If the plants arent flushed properly or lets say they were using pesticides, well I would deffinetly find out what you are smoking before taking hits of the stuff, especially if you are having health issues. Some people are just more sensitive to different chemicals. If your pipe is real dirty I would clean it for a cleaner hit, although I like to build up resin and tar on my pipe, sometimes that stuff even gives me a headache.

I've only smoked blunts like two times and the last time was when I threw up. But now it's like when I smoke after about 10 mins of smoking I start feeling sick and like I have something in my throat but all I end up doing is burping now instead of throwing up. And no, never burped up smoke. Don't smoke tobacco. Not on any meds or anything. It's only when I'm blazed do I feel sick. Once I get done being blazed and I'm only high I feel just fine. It's very odd. :/

just throwing some ideas out there....

a doctor once told me cannabis can make some people constipated and high doses of nicotine can make people feel unwell!, my mate used baby bio fert, never flushed his plant and that also made everyone ill.(chalk white,shivers,feeling sick)

you obviously smoked too much weed that one time, i've smoked till i puked before. usually a strong sativa will do that to you. or really huge hits. you are just associating that bad experience with smoking in general. and are expecting to feel sick. if done in the right amounts pot can't make you sick. unless there is some sort of chemical in it.... you'll get used to it all in a while and become a seasoned smoker like the rest of us :Rasta:

hi;
all I have to say thanks for sharing your views about that topic which seems helpful for so many peoples and even I also I have a link which is helpful for you also wish good for you in future
cheers!!

Sounds like you got a good old nicotine overdose. As a guy above said cigar tobacco isn't really meant to be inhaled. As a long time cigar smoker I can tell you for a fact that cigars have gotten much stronger in the past decade. Cigars are notorious for causing stomach troubles,especially acid reflux and vomiting in novice smokers. Even long time cigar smokers can get nailed by a strong cigar if they smoke on an empty stomach,and most of those guys don't inhale.

Give your stomach a break and use a generic small bowl for your weed smoking. It's a shame to ruin the taste of good weed with the poor quality scrap tobacco they bind together to make blunt wrappers.

Stay away from blunts , unless you can get organic tobacco leaf.

Blunt wraps are full of preservatives and other crap.

allen, i also have stomach pains when im smoking, but i have recently discoverd that i only get those pains when i smoke blunts or an "l".

i also tryed out not smoking a blunt but smoking in a bong, like a water bottle or something, no stomach pains and i felt greaT! also ciggs made me throw up, not burp actual throw up. im only 13 but hopefully i helped out alot i've also smoked cigs and i didnt throw up quit for a couple of months then smoked a cig and threw up. idk why but it really strange.
anyway, try smoking weed in a bong or something..

I've had the same experience and it's gotten worst. I know for a fact it's the backwoods. When I smoke without it I'm fine when I do I get really bloated and my shit gets backed up and I be in pain until I quit for like 3 days and I'm fine again.

Don't smoke on an empty stomach - even if it's only grapes, an apple, a biscuit, a glass of milk, anything
The trapped wind thing is horrible, I keep a bottle of Fanta in the fridge specifically for that purpose
Weed can also exacerbate dehydration, especially if you like a sundowner so always drink water (milk for me) with a smoke
If none of that helps, I'd be wondering about the weed - Silicon & Magnesium will both make you sick, and that assumes no insecticide residues etc

Back
Top Bottom