Device to test Marijuana

joint puff

It's a lab in the palm of your hands. Using one device with interchangeable sensors, MyDx will empower consumers to test for pesticides in food, chemicals in water, toxins in air, and the safety and potency of their cannabis samples.
CDx Life, a Science and Technology Company based in La Jolla, CA, has started taking pre-orders for MyDx - the world's first portable analyzer for everyone.
MyDx leverages technology developed by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), used by Nasa and funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for other applications. Acting as an electronic nose, MyDx is engineered to detect molecules in vapor.
The analyzer itself has a user friendly interface designed to easily communicate with any iOS or Android smartphone. Once the app is downloaded and the device is synced, a very small sample can be placed in the sample chamber, which is then heated to release the chemicals of interest into the vapor phase for detection.
Over the course of the next 24 months, the MyDx team will be rolling out the four different sensors, the first of which is the Canna Sensor - programmed to test for the presence of the most important compounds of interest in Cannabis, including THC and CBD. Using the associated App, MyDx will allow patients to track how each marijuana strain is making them feel or helping them relieve, based on the chemical composition of the plant, not the way it looks, smells or sounds.
"What people are inhaling today is more or less a black box," said Daniel Yazbeck, one of the financial backers of the project. MyDx is a device that will improve consumer's health and empower an industry with the science it deserves to achieve true and practical quality control."
MyDx has launched a campaign on the popular crowdfunding website Indiegogo.com, with an initial goal of pre-selling at least 100 devices in order to predict future demand. Everyone who donates $199.00 or more will save $200 of the projected retail price of $399, and will be the first to help define and receive MyDx before it hits the broader market.
The CDx team has created a product that complements the use of medical marijuana in order to help people in need, such as cancer patients. Consumers can finally learn and understand exactly what and how much they are putting in their bodies.

Has somebody got a chance to review this product???

Interesting ! If works like touted this is an invaluable tool...not only for the patient, but for the grower, or making of tinctures, concentrate, edibles, whatever. If "accurate", takes the guess work out and provide more accurate info to those needing. Not so good for the 'lab on wheels'.

Hi joint puff.

Welcome to 420 Magazine. :welcome:

Thanks for sharing the info on this developing product.

i am also interested in this product. does anybody here can provide more info on how it operates, what functions can it perform, price etc... also where to buy..

it is still in development stage the actual product will be available on 4/20/14, this is the reason for the pre-order. I know 5 peeps that have pre ordered these and will happily update once they have received their units.

2b2s

Took a few minutes to really review the above linked site and read in the finer print that once the final product becomes available (Christmas 2014) they will not be able to ship the Canna sensor to states that have decriminalized or legalized cannabis use and possession.

From the site under shipping policy. "The MyDx and Canna sensor cannot be shipped to states which have not decriminalized or legalized the use and personal possession of cannabis for adults, medically or recreationally."

If you aren't in a legal state, you have to accept the next sensor they develop.

Kind of a bummer for me unfortunately.. but still a very cool product!

I agree with you on that I would love to see how great and wonderful my smoke is, I know what I think of it , it is always fire, but to see it register:thumb: on a meter is awesome
Interesting ! If works like touted this is an invaluable tool...not only for the patient, but for the grower, or making of tinctures, concentrate, edibles, whatever. If "accurate", takes the guess work out and provide more accurate info to those needing. Not so good for the 'lab on wheels'.

I'm going to pre-order on the Canna and pick up some of the other attachments down the road...knowing what your product contains is important to me, especially when making meds. Proof is in the pudding, right? lol

I have been following this site and procrastinated and the 'Canna' one was sold out...they are selling it again for a 50.00 more so the next day I logged in and jumped on the Dx-Multi and snagged that one. The next day I logged in and they sold out of that one...still for sell but for 50.00 more. DON"T wait... lolol. Actually all the sensors are great for the grower, water/nuits, organa for the check of chems, aireo for the PPM if using CO2 and of course the canna...btw, the canna gives more info that what I would of thought for the price of the product.
Looks to be a very promising useful device.

The question I have is: under Regulators - Test saliva THC content for DUI. What standards are they testing for? Actual THC in saliva or the metabolites that are still in my blood for 90 days. I consume a lot of edibles and am never "clean" of metabolites although I seldom am "high". The 5 ng/ml is total bs.

""Take, for example, the case of Denver Westword medical marijuana critic William Breathes, who took a blood test while unimpaired some 15 hours after last medicating. Breathes, who was declared sober by a doctor for the test, ended up with about 13.5ng/ml worth of THC in his body after 15 hours of abstention, nearly three times the legal amount proposed by Washington's current I-502 marijuana legalization bill. In 2009, a similar study of 25 subjects found that six participants managed to test positive for THC after a week of abstaining from cannabis, the highest being 3 ng/ml.""

I have been part of a cannabis study for over a year where you have to fail the test in order to pass. Which is to say that if I fail the test I can participate in the survey. On the other hand if I pass the test I get sent home without being allowed to participate. I have no problem with failing which is passing, I am always way over the "legal limit" even when I haven't consumed any cannabis for a week or so. I always drive to the test and home. I am against anyone driving high. I do not drive high. But according to the "test" I should not be driving because I am "considered" high. Seriously, we need to have an accurate test for impairment other than just the metabolites in your system. My thoughts are will this product because of cost effectiveness be used to test unimpaired drivers unjustly?

Would really help alot of us who need to know. My boy is terminal and suffers from multiple seizures a day. He needs high cbd strains only and it is so hard to find strains to make meds. Not to be insulting, but, is this truly accurate? If so, i will purchase one right away.

do you have a link to the device?

Most testing I know of is done by labs with gas chromatographs.

Great question CK and you seem much more versed than I on this subject. If they use this rig and I get tested with 2 yrs of concentrate in me (think it replaced my blood :) I would go to court and contest that the rig is broke..hehe. Seriously, here is another example of peeps not knowing crapola about MJ and IMHO think they are all juiceheads with square heads and should have different test for Medical/Recreational. Honestly, the only direction I see this going is years of getting the laws right. Does it ever end? And the biggest joke of all...driving drunk, going the wrong way on the freeway, etc;, a PROVEN KILLER and its legal.

Thanks CK for all you do for the goal of legalizing. Peace

Thank you Motoco my friend. I appreciate your good words. I am an activist. Everyone in govt. has all my information. I write the pres., congressmen, drug czars, everyone. I lobby like crazy for legalization. I take part in cannabis studies. It is my firm belief that everyone should have the right to choose if they would like to use this medicine or not. If we do not have the right to choose, then we are not truly free. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom