I have Cerebral Palsy Spasticity

SoldierOn

Hi There ... I have always worked and in 2009 I had to go on disability because of increased spasticity, OA and chronic pain. I am on vicodin, cymbalta, baclofen and diazapam. All my meds make me feel like shit. And I think it is too much to be taking for a 46 year old. I started smoking marijuana and it helps more than anything.

I really want to find out the best strains that will help with both spasticity and chronic pain. I have cervical spine degeneration with bone spurs and my neck is shifting to the right. The tops of my feet are full of bone spurs and my left foot has a joint blown so I now need to wear a brace.

Any and all advice about strains, medical dosing etc .... Any and all support would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to get back in shape, start a business and get off of Social Security Disability.

thank you ...

Kosher kush many fisherman in my area use this as a favorite to numbing pain. It's hi thc and cbd levels are among some of the highest in the world. It is dominately on the west coast but can be found through seed banks. This is to strong for some as my mother with many of the bone spur issues prefers blue dream. I hope more members respond and help u out. Welcome to the community. Both have good-great yields and r easy to grow if u choose to self provide on the future

Have you looked into using concentrated Cannabis oil? The benefits of using a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio in the oil will help tremendously. The CBD is amazing for pain, and the THC can actually help repair some problems. All this can be done without any "high" effects.

But a lot of people enjoy a relaxing smoke/vape, so they will use oil in addition to smoking/vaping.

Here are a few links to help get you started:
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I've personally been using Cannabis to help with a seizure disorder. I've been smoking small amounts, 2-3x a day, and since I started, I haven't had a single problem. You've found the best forum for medicinal use, as most people here either use it, or grow it specifically for medical use.

If it's possible to grow it yourself, it will save money long term, usually in the first 1-2 grows you'll have harvested enough Cannabis to justify what was spent on the growing equipment. We have a lot of great sponsors that carry all the equipment needed, and we have numerous reputable seed banks as sponsors as well, and it's guaranteed someone will have a great strain for you.

If budget is an issue, you can easily grow your own using fluorescent lights, and CFL bulbs (compact fluorescent). For this type of grow, you can have a decent, and complete setup for growing 2-4 plants for roughly $200, including pots, soil, nutrients, bulbs, fixtures, seeds, PH meter, microscope (needed for harvesting), and fans (depending on what items you may already have, deals, prices, etc..)

If you do decided to grow, you'll be able to find all the grow support you need right here on the forum as well.

Whatever you decide, it's always nice to meet someone else that knows the true benefits of Cannabis.

And welcome to :420:

Thank you so much for all the great information. I, also, appreciate the support. Doctors prescribe all kinds of meds that are damaging to my body and don't really help. Cannabis works best. It is God-Given. I pray it is legalized soon in PA. My mom was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis and she has cancerous tumors in her lungs that are slow growing. She will not try Cannabis oil until her doctor gives her the go ahead.

Thanks again!

That's why we're pretty much all here, to learn and help each other out. Whether its help with growing, or helping someone make their own oil.

Not to mention occasional experiments on ourselves, I found that Cannabis stops hiccups immediately lol. And I'm testing it on a stress headache now.

I hear you on the meds brother, there isn't much, if anything available by prescription that's actually safe. Just to put things into perspective, Cannabis is safer than potatoes. I'd personally like to see Cannabis completely legal without restrictions, for recreational, and medicinal use. It benefits recreational users medicinally as well, so why not?

Ah sorry to hear about your mother, have you taken time to share stories with her about how many people it has worked for? Maybe the federal governments own patent on using Cannabis as an antioxidant, and neuroprotectant could help convince her. She would really benefit from using the oil, and when used correctly, she will feel completely normal, and will not experience any "high" or undesired effects. If she were to smoke or vape, the process could ALSO benefit her, as Cannabis has been found to be completely opposite what everyone originally thought, it actually works as a protectant, and has been found to slightly reduce the risks of some cancers, head, neck, and lung cancers were some that I have read about being included.

You also have a lot of stories available where young kids are being treated with the oil for a variety of epilepsy conditions, and it's working great for them. We even have numerous cases on the forum where folks have cured their cancer completely using the oil treatment.

This is the most recent patient who cured himself. He had Hodgkins Lymphoma: Healing Stopped? Receptors Saturated? Please I need your advice

And there's the option of you finding a doctor who supports medical Cannabis use, and talk to your mother to come get a second opinion with you to the doctor you picked, of course she won't know that he's pro Cannabis, and you won't tell her lol.

Thanks again brother ! I am a chick haha.... Just a different kind of soldier!

Thank you for all you great advice and information. My mom won't listen to me because it is illegal and no doctor in the Pittsburgh area will speak out in support of cannabis. The only one is Cyril Wecht our coroner. I used to work in broadcasting so I am trying to get the President of the Pittsburgh Chapter of Norml on the air at local station. Legalizing it in PA just went through the Senate and hopefully it will be voted in soon!

I have cervical spine degeneration and problems with headaches. And cannabis works for sure!

Oh.. well sorry if I offended you sis :)

Well if there's one guy I'd want to listen to, it'd be the last doctor I'd ever see in my life lol.

That's great news! And with all the other states starting to legalize some form of it, the few that haven't legalized it are going to think "Hey, there might be something to this, lets look into it more!"

Sorry to hear about your conditions, but at least you have a safe medication to use. The Cannabis last night was able to stop the throbbing of the headache, but it didn't affect the dull pain. But it worked better and faster than the Aleve I usually take for headaches.

If you don't mind me asking, how does Cannabis work for you and your ailments? What would a day in your life be like without it? And what would a day be like with Cannabis? And how do they compare to using the prescription drugs the doctors give you?
You don't have to go way in depth, I'm mostly curious about the areas affected. Things you can/can't do etc...

Do you currently grow your own? Do you have a trusted caretaker? Or do you purchase unknown strains from regular sellers?

You didn't offend .. that is a compliment ..haha... Most of my friends are men. I don't relate to many women. They have to have balls and not whine...haha

I am running late for my part-time job. I will have to go into detail later.

For headaches you need to do a lot of the proper stretches too. I could teach you them. Go to Tasso Spano on youtube and maybe you can find some for now. Also, I find if I take Ibuprofen and smoke that does the trick for the dull ache. The human head can have 8 different headaches. I get five of them at one time. When Tasso works on me he takes away every headache without medication and as long as I do my stretches the headaches won't come back .. hopefully I will get a chance to tell you the stretches ..or lead you to the videos ...... more about your questions later when I have time.

---------- carries a cbd god bud with a guaranteed 4:1 cbd:thc ratio. With as high as 16% cbd in 1 out of 4 seeds. This would give u the healing bennifits without the couch potato effect. Kosher kush also has high cbd but a crushingly high thc content. The blue dream is a nice plant that I have grown in the past with good yields at 3.5-4 oz in 2.5 gallon pots under 400 hps. I'm embarrassed to say but that was in miracle grow so I'm sure I didn't even tap it's potential

I haven't had the pleasure of trying a lot of strains unfortunately. I only recently starting using Cannabis for treatment, but I'll keep it in mind next time I need to order seeds. Oh wow.. 18% THC in that one. Nice strain suggestion! That would be a fantastic for a lot of different ailments. I wish I knew the CBD content though. These breeders have to start testing more!

BLueballavngr: You can't link to places that aren't sponsors :) It'll bleep it out with --------- hyphens lol. Just for future reference!

what is the name of the first one you mentioned that has a guaranteed 4:1 thc ratio?
MED GOM 1.0 - I bought that one from Herbies.
! CBD Crew Med GOM Auto 1.0 Feminised Autoflowering Seeds - Herbies Seeds

It's an autoflower, so you basically set your light timer to 18 hours of light and 6 hours of dark (or more light if preferred) and let it grow.

I used synthetic nutes on it, no real training, and ended up with a little over 1/4 ounce from each plant. It's an enjoyable, relaxing, yet energizing smoke.

If I had trained the tops to grow flat (especially since I grow with CFLs) I could have probably yielded more.

Cool .. thank you very much .. I am looking for something that will help me work during the day and I can go more Indica at night .. Right now I have a terrible time trying to work with spasticity and chronic pain...Plus I am ADHD so I have trouble paying attention in the first place so add spasticity and pain and it is almost impossible ...

Oil Oil Oil!

That'll help take care of most of your problems. If you enjoy smoking/vaping, for day time, I'd suggest a Sativa dominant strain (THC/CBD content is personal preference, I like having both in my smoke). The Sativa will be more of a head high, but it'll give you a decent boost of energy. I would harvest with as close to 0% clear trichomes as possible, and between 2%-10% Amber trichomes. The rest should all be cloudy.

At night, or in the evening when work is done, and it's your time to relax, I'm all in favor of an Indica dominant strain. It'll mellow you right out, and it's going to definitely help you sleep much better. I have never slept better than I do using Cannabis. I can actually sleep all the way through some nights now. It's amazing, and I wake up feeling more rested than I have in years.

Back
Top Bottom